Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 23, 2019 at 5:19 PM Post #17,626 of 62,122
But first impressions in a few days right?? :) Just like I did before with my hour in Motorola impression. Just joshing. Take your time. Just this year some time :wink:

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2019 at 6:29 PM Post #17,627 of 62,122
Im going for it! Prolly gonna test both and return one.
Damn you Amazon. I see the N6 pro for $162, and amazon throws that 'get $100 off instantly, pay $62.00 upon approval for the amazon Prime reward card" my next thought was, hmm...if i get that card, then all my amazon purchases can just be on that from now on.
nope, not gonna sell my soul for $100 lol.
Staying strong..for now anyway.

Dec 23, 2019 at 6:41 PM Post #17,628 of 62,122
Damn you Amazon. I see the N6 pro for $162, and amazon throws that 'get $100 off instantly, pay $62.00 upon approval for the amazon Prime reward card" my next thought was, hmm...if i get that card, then all my amazon purchases can just be on that from now on.
nope, not gonna sell my soul for $100 lol.
Staying strong..for now anyway.
Just apply for the card, buy it, then pay off the card and close it. That's what I did. When you have issues, you find a way to feed the beast.

Dec 23, 2019 at 7:06 PM Post #17,629 of 62,122
Just apply for the card, buy it, then pay off the card and close it. That's what I did. When you have issues, you find a way to feed the beast.
I think that's what i'm gonna do. your brilliant. plus i ended up returning those beyers so i'm not paying any more than i'd already "budgeted" lol.

Dec 23, 2019 at 7:42 PM Post #17,631 of 62,122
My brother bought a note10+ and it came with the Galaxy buds. Needless to say I took it from him. Let's call it a loaner. So impressions playing from Spotify at very high quality, on around 60-70% volume, no eq.

Redbone - come and get your love

Nothing sounds off, electric sitar, Lolly's voice sounds grainy but that's probably from the recording quality, that and I am streaming from spotify, guitar comes through nicely with the violins at the back. Nice instrument separation. Some degree of imaging is present.

Kehlani - Honey

As I guessed listening from the first track I found the Galaxy buds to be mid forward and they shine here. Sounded pleasant on these.

Michael Jackson - Thriller

Checking for soundstage, it's not that expansive. It's there but sounds like a tiny room. everything's fine until you reach the 4:00 mark, too much information going on the buds can't keep up. It sounds a little congested. Needs some highs.

Tl;dr
I find it mid forward. Lacking air a bit, just needs a tad more on the treble for my taste. Sound kinda congested/dull. Will try to eq if that helps. In all honesty I don't like eqing since it may help with fixing the experience with another song but can mess up the next.

Man these hurt my right ear, they're hella uncomfortable. Left is fine but the right pair it hurts real bad.
Had to endure all that so I can share my sound impressions, the pain wasn't worth it, it still hurts and I'm not even wearing it now.

To the Galaxy buds owners did you encounter this problem?

i use these tips on my two Galaxy buds:
20191224_073102-01.jpeg 20191224_073048-01.jpeg

the clear one on the black unit i think i got it from an old Samsung phone stock IEM, and the white one, i think it's some generic wide bore tips that i got online.

if it's only the stock tips, i would never get the Galaxy buds to fit securely in my ears, and constantly repositioning it would make it hurt.

with these tips, well, i like the Gbuds a lot that i got two units of them

Dec 23, 2019 at 9:24 PM Post #17,634 of 62,122
So after a couple days with them, my new Tronsmart Spunky Beats have proven to have disappointing battery life.

At 50% volume I'm getting about 2:40 with aptx on (claims 4hrs) and about 3:15 (claims 7 hrs).

I've not seen much here about them but I've been kinda interested in the newer Mavin Air-XR. Besides @bronco1015 saying it sounded cheap after searching, anyone else here try them? @deadguy99 any update after getting them?

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2019 at 9:34 PM Post #17,635 of 62,122
Dec 23, 2019 at 10:27 PM Post #17,639 of 62,122
Damnit, couldn't' resist, I need to hear both so I got the n6 and the pro.:grimacing:

We got this haha. I did the same. We’re both nuts. I can’t even lie though, I’m looking forward to the comparison.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back