Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 22, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #17,581 of 62,435
Opened a new pair of KZ ZSN’s this morning (10 year old inherited last pair). My goodness, we still have a way to go! I haven’t heard anything yet that compares with these $14 wired earbuds.

I have a pair of TRN BT20S on the way to pair with these. Fingers crossed.

Dec 22, 2019 at 10:50 AM Post #17,582 of 62,435
Yep I honestly can't see how a better TWE could be made for running than the X12 or even for around the house listening. I'm glad I have a spare pair but annoyed that this shady Amazon marketplace seller cancelled my X12 Ultra order I had bagged for 29€ !

There's still one shop on aliX selling the pro (non ultra) for 31USD, but you already have a spare :D

Dec 22, 2019 at 6:26 PM Post #17,586 of 62,435
The Spinfits and Auvios need to get here fast. The T1X sounds like crap and hurts my ears because I can hear a whistling sound from leaking.

whoa that’s the first I’ve heard someone say that! I could wrap a piece a bacon around them for a tip and they would still sound better than most!!

Dec 22, 2019 at 7:04 PM Post #17,587 of 62,435
whoa that’s the first I’ve heard someone say that! I could wrap a piece a bacon around them for a tip and they would still sound better than most!!

Well not all ears created equal lol.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2019 at 7:44 PM Post #17,589 of 62,435
Dec 22, 2019 at 7:50 PM Post #17,591 of 62,435
You guys talkin' about these...
31RznblgpbL._AC_UY218_ML3_.jpg

Dec 23, 2019 at 1:15 AM Post #17,595 of 62,435
Finally got my hands on the Tronsmart Onyx Neos. Seems like Tronsmart Official dropshipped it through "Geekbuy". Not sure if Geekbuy is the same as Geekbuying.
20191222_205555.jpg 20191222_174459.jpg
First impressions:
- Maybe I have a cold, but I think I might have received yet another left-side-treble-heavy TWS from Aliexpress, though if there is a mismatch it's not bad as it was on the Sabbat E12 Ultra I received.
- Solid connection but I will need to test them in a busier area. As I don't have a TWS+ supporting device, I can only test these with master-slave connection. Not a fan of the QCC3020's cumbersome mono mode switching, as on the Sabbat E12 Ultra, but at least the Tronsmart has them labelled left and right. On my Windows Laptop, it seems I can't have two QCC3020 devices running at the same time without interference.
- Awful flat/shallow eartips that are difficult to switch as the nozzle seems wide - immediately switched them to normal IEM tips which readily fit and are more comfortable. I find it odd the box render shows a typical IEM tip.
- Tuning is relatively balanced with some mid and treble emphasis, leaner and less bassy than Sabbat E12 but the mids and treble seem similar. However, they sound a tad grainy and have a mediocre noise floor, as well as some buzzing/clipping.
- Case supports USB Type-C to Type-C connection so you can charge it directly off a Type C laptop. Nice to see budget manufacturers not cheap out on this.
- These use touch controls which are a tad sensitive, especially frustrating when you are trying to change eartips - you may sometimes accidentally power one side off if you hold it too long. I'm glad to report that these have left-down right-up volume control via a double-tap, while previous/next track is triple-tap left or right respectively. I do find the track change triple tap a tad cumbersome and rather it switched around with the double-tap (or better yet, hold).

EDIT: Something is off about the battery... Maybe I need to give it some time to charge but I abruptly got a Battery Low warning despite them seemingly being fully charged. I did notice that out of the box, the left bud was already hissing and said "pairing" when I was wearing it in my ears (before putting it in the case).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back