Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 21, 2019 at 7:54 PM Post #17,566 of 62,670
This is a good opportunity to ask if anyone can recommend a nice new iem to pair with a bt20s. I sold the kxxs because if I felt they needed more power than bt20 offered. Anyone have an ideal pairing to recommend.
The Nature Sound NS3 available from Penon Audio is a superb pairing with the BT20S if your BT is the 2-pin version.

Dec 21, 2019 at 9:31 PM Post #17,567 of 62,670
Aarghh!! One of my fears has happened! I set down my MW07's somewhere and I can't find them! I'm a dork. :triportsad:

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2019 at 10:35 PM Post #17,568 of 62,670
I went out to try the Nuarl m6 pro today to see if it was worth upgrading my NT01AX over.

First thing I thought listening to them was how absolutely amazing the mids and vocals were! I was just blown away. Not just the best mids I have heard in a true wireless set, but the best mids I have heard every. Absolutely amazing and realistic, super detailed. The imaging and soundstage is even better too, you get that surprise feeling hearing stuff coming fast right or left. The bass is nice and punchy, much quicker, and the highs are very detailed, but everything stays a step behind those amazing mids.

I then tried the liberty pro 2 that were sitting next them. The mids were not nearly as good, but that bass! What the hell is that? They are the heaviest bass I have heard in my life but they don't make the other areas suffer. That is the heaviest bass ever! They still maintain decent mids and good highs, but nothing sticks out like fast bass.

Then lastly I tried the new true wireless set by advanced. The Advanced M5-TWS. They look like custom earphones. They look so beautiful. They also fit like custom buds... Like a glove. Unfortunately after listening to the last two buds, they didn't have the bass if the Soundcore, or the mids or highs of the Nuarl, and just sounded above average in all sectors and rather neutral, nothing sounded as amazing. I guess the fit and the amazing look is what they are about. Unfortunately for the look they kind of dog themselves in the foot and have an led blink at all times under the semi clear shell that uses touch controls, so not easy at all to cover up. I just find the always blinking buds so douchy in the train and inconvenient in the bed room.

Well, I really want this new Nuarls now. Next mission will be convincing the wife to let me upgrade my current NT01AX for 10,000 yen with their trade up program

Conclusion, the m6 pro is a definite step up from the NT01AX. The mids, imaging and soundstage are all a good level up. NT01AX has heavier bass but it's much slower.

Thanks for the great first impressions! Any chance you got to try the regular n6 as well?

Dec 22, 2019 at 12:08 AM Post #17,570 of 62,670
New firmware for Libratone Track Air+. Added audio, ANC and phone improvements plus support for AAC. Also added option to configure 3rd tap on both sides.

Dec 22, 2019 at 2:42 AM Post #17,572 of 62,670
Dec 22, 2019 at 2:48 AM Post #17,573 of 62,670
Thanks for the great first impressions! Any chance you got to try the regular n6 as well?

I didn't try the regular n6. It was next to the pro but based on the reviews it has a more bass heavy sound signature like the NT01AX so I wasn't very interested in it. I mostly wanted to hear the new neutral sound sig of the pro and compare it to the Soundcore that has been getting a lot of praise.

Dec 22, 2019 at 6:22 AM Post #17,576 of 62,670
Another little ‘Japan is overwhelming’ TWS report. Went to e-earphone, which has always been my go-to shop for gently used earphones. To my surprise they have expanded and are now occupying 2 floors in the same building, one dedicated to used items. And boy, not only selection, but the sheer numbers are crazy ... looking for AirPods?

081FA573-7410-43C6-B901-4875A5D4404B.jpeg
Or how about Sony xm3?
C414FB84-B2D9-429E-BB4A-2A2F5283A891.jpeg
well, I was hoping they still might have a pair of Powerbeats Pro ... nope, they had like 20 of them ... and many others

A93766BC-74FA-414F-A64C-3A9B57DA18F4.jpeg

unfortunately the one staff member with English skills was hogged by a group of very demanding foreigners and he already looked appropriately annoyed ... I might try again on a weekday ...

Dec 22, 2019 at 8:26 AM Post #17,578 of 62,670
I tried them at the e-earphones in Nipponbashi Osaka.

I actually got to try them very briefly today as well at e-earphone Akihabara, but only for fit, as it was too busy & noisy. And I agree what someone said before, those rubber wings are flimsy :)

Tried also to 'detect' the ANC in the Sony XM3, even had the app downloaded, but somehow .. either it only works on things like plane / train noise (and not frantic shopping background) or I really did stuff wrong with the app / the earphones ... there was no 'wow' effect like I get with the APP every single time ...

Needless to say, I was not impressed by the fit with either ...

On the other hand, I am so happy that (i think it was @webvan ) kept pushing me towards my Sabbath X12 for running ... and today I did the (nearly) ultimate endurance test on a 32K (20Mi) run. Started with battery at 90% (not sure why it was not at 100) and after 3h it still had 40%. Fine music SQ (No thumping!) and enough ambient sound coming in for safety. These will be my buds for potential next marathon.

Dec 22, 2019 at 9:58 AM Post #17,579 of 62,670
I actually got to try them very briefly today as well at e-earphone Akihabara, but only for fit, as it was too busy & noisy. And I agree what someone said before, those rubber wings are flimsy :)

Tried also to 'detect' the ANC in the Sony XM3, even had the app downloaded, but somehow .. either it only works on things like plane / train noise (and not frantic shopping background) or I really did stuff wrong with the app / the earphones ... there was no 'wow' effect like I get with the APP every single time ...

Needless to say, I was not impressed by the fit with either ...

On the other hand, I am so happy that (i think it was @webvan ) kept pushing me towards my Sabbath X12 for running ... and today I did the (nearly) ultimate endurance test on a 32K (20Mi) run. Started with battery at 90% (not sure why it was not at 100) and after 3h it still had 40%. Fine music SQ (No thumping!) and enough ambient sound coming in for safety. These will be my buds for potential next marathon.

Yep I honestly can't see how a better TWE could be made for running than the X12 or even for around the house listening. I'm glad I have a spare pair but annoyed that this shady Amazon marketplace seller cancelled my X12 Ultra order I had bagged for 29€ !

Dec 22, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #17,580 of 62,670
Another little ‘Japan is overwhelming’ TWS report. Went to e-earphone, which has always been my go-to shop for gently used earphones. To my surprise they have expanded and are now occupying 2 floors in the same building, one dedicated to used items. And boy, not only selection, but the sheer numbers are crazy ... looking for AirPods?

Or how about Sony xm3?

well, I was hoping they still might have a pair of Powerbeats Pro ... nope, they had like 20 of them ... and many others

unfortunately the one staff member with English skills was hogged by a group of very demanding foreigners and he already looked appropriately annoyed ... I might try again on a weekday ...
It’s like the Chocolate Room from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory! Pure bliss!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back