Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 20, 2019 at 10:24 PM Post #17,536 of 62,676
Dec 20, 2019 at 10:26 PM Post #17,537 of 62,676
I had that problem and was able to reset it after many attempts. I don't know how, but it finally worked. Try doing the left first, then right, and vice versa.
I tried a bunch of times. I guess I'll keep trying since are not available anymore.

Dec 20, 2019 at 10:35 PM Post #17,538 of 62,676
Dec 20, 2019 at 10:45 PM Post #17,539 of 62,676
Don't go soft on me @clerkpalmer. Bass is like butter, sure you can use too much, but can you? really? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I can't remember if you have some of those Symbio Hybrid tips? They Sap the bass right out of the L2p's and they still sound fantastic.
I do not but I will order some based on your recommendation. Everything else about the sq is excellent. Edit - butter is a food group in my house. As is beer.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2019 at 10:52 PM Post #17,540 of 62,676
It is kinda look like a re-branded TRN bt20s. It does looks fancier tho.
This is a good opportunity to ask if anyone can recommend a nice new iem to pair with a bt20s. I sold the kxxs because if I felt they needed more power than bt20 offered. Anyone have an ideal pairing to recommend.

Dec 20, 2019 at 11:07 PM Post #17,541 of 62,676
Anyone here tried the kz offerings? The new s1/s1d and the e10 (does it still have the connection issue?)
Don’t forget the T1, their first offering. In terms of sound I very much like both, the T1 and the E10. But both have some shortcomings:
The T1 has no IPX rating and a weird ‘volume hump’ , like there is nothing between 30% and 60%.
A lot of users report connection issues with the E10. Guess I got lucky as I do not experience those. Again no IPX rating, so, also not usable for running. Also somehow uncomfortable to wear and put on / keep on.

I just saw that my green S1 shipped today. Will review after winter break. Curious to hear whoever gets it first and what they have to say.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2019 at 11:08 PM Post #17,542 of 62,676
This is a good opportunity to ask if anyone can recommend a nice new iem to pair with a bt20s. I sold the kxxs because if I felt they needed more power than bt20 offered. Anyone have an ideal pairing to recommend.

Blon bl03 is good, kz zsx is good too. If you want a more expensive set, I have the jvc fx850 and 1100 paired with bt20s and it is good too. Of course, if you compare using bt20s vs amping than amping will always be better. But if you are on the go alot, having wireless is much better than using cable imho. And you won't even do critical listening when you are walking on the street or even riding a subway/bus.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2019 at 11:40 PM Post #17,543 of 62,676
Blon bl03 is good, kz zsx is good too. If you want a more expensive set, I have the jvc fx850 and 1100 paired with bt20s and it is good too. Of course, if you compare using bt20s vs amping than amping will always be better. But if you are on the go alot, having wireless is much better than using cable imho. And you won't even do critical listening when you are walking on the street or even riding a subway/bus.
Thanks. Had been eyeing the blon. Or maybe the tin t4. I have tfz no3 which pairs very well.

Dec 21, 2019 at 12:09 AM Post #17,545 of 62,676
Dec 21, 2019 at 8:27 AM Post #17,547 of 62,676
https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-...ue-wireless-earbuds-specs-price-release-date/

I hope Sennheiser will unveil them at CES 2020! I don't care much for noise canceling, but if they fix all the problems that MK I had with other refinements like better battery life and mic i'll be sold :)
It's good that ANC is becoming a trend for TWS. I don't however have high expectation from Sennheiser on their ANC performance, but I hope they surprise me like Apple did. I hope for good sized fit that don't slide out from physical activity movements.

After APP, ANC is a must feature to get me interested.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2019 at 9:40 AM Post #17,548 of 62,676
I went out to try the Nuarl m6 pro today to see if it was worth upgrading my NT01AX over.

First thing I thought listening to them was how absolutely amazing the mids and vocals were! I was just blown away. Not just the best mids I have heard in a true wireless set, but the best mids I have heard every. Absolutely amazing and realistic, super detailed. The imaging and soundstage is even better too, you get that surprise feeling hearing stuff coming fast right or left. The bass is nice and punchy, much quicker, and the highs are very detailed, but everything stays a step behind those amazing mids.

I then tried the liberty pro 2 that were sitting next them. The mids were not nearly as good, but that bass! What the hell is that? They are the heaviest bass I have heard in my life but they don't make the other areas suffer. That is the heaviest bass ever! They still maintain decent mids and good highs, but nothing sticks out like fast bass.

Then lastly I tried the new true wireless set by advanced. The Advanced M5-TWS. They look like custom earphones. They look so beautiful. They also fit like custom buds... Like a glove. Unfortunately after listening to the last two buds, they didn't have the bass if the Soundcore, or the mids or highs of the Nuarl, and just sounded above average in all sectors and rather neutral, nothing sounded as amazing. I guess the fit and the amazing look is what they are about. Unfortunately for the look they kind of dog themselves in the foot and have an led blink at all times under the semi clear shell that uses touch controls, so not easy at all to cover up. I just find the always blinking buds so douchy in the train and inconvenient in the bed room.

Well, I really want this new Nuarls now. Next mission will be convincing the wife to let me upgrade my current NT01AX for 10,000 yen with their trade up program

Conclusion, the m6 pro is a definite step up from the NT01AX. The mids, imaging and soundstage are all a good level up. NT01AX has heavier bass but it's much slower.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2019 at 10:02 AM Post #17,549 of 62,676
I went out to try the Nuarl m6 pro today to see if it was worth upgrading my NT01AX over.

First thing I thought listening to them was how absolutely amazing the mids and vocals were! I was just blown away. Not just the best mids I have heard in a true wireless set, but the best mids I have heard every. Absolutely amazing and realistic, super detailed. The imaging and soundstage is even better too, you get that surprise feeling hearing stuff coming fast right or left. The bass is nice and punchy, much quicker, and the highs are very detailed, but everything stays a step behind those amazing mids.

I then tried the liberty pro 2 that were sitting next them. The mids were not nearly as good, but that bass! What the hell is that? They are the heaviest bass I have heard in my life but they don't make the other areas suffer. That is the heaviest bass ever! They still maintain decent mids and good highs, but nothing sticks out like fast bass.

Then lastly I tried the new true wireless set by advanced. The Advanced M5-TWS. They look like custom earphones. They look so beautiful. They also fit like custom buds... Like a glove. Unfortunately after listening to the last two buds, they didn't have the bass if the Soundcore, or the mids or highs of the Nuarl, and just sounded above average in all sectors and rather neutral, nothing sounded as amazing. I guess the fit and the amazing look is what they are about. Unfortunately for the look they kind of dog themselves in the foot and have an led blink at all times under the semi clear shell that uses touch controls, so not easy at all to cover up. I just find the always blinking buds so douchy in the train and inconvenient in the bed room.

Well, I really want this new Nuarls now. Next mission will be convincing the wife to let me upgrade my current NT01AX for 10,000 yen with their trade up program

Conclusion, the m6 pro is a definite step up from the NT01AX. The mids, imaging and soundstage are all a good level up. NT01AX has heavier bass but it's much slower.

ありがと!
great, now I have to listen to the Nuarl as well. :wink:
Somehow I really like the look of the brown / copper ones.

these are the advanced? Interesting look, but 24900¥ .... takaiiiii!!
8E7AF43E-1A86-42EF-AFAE-041AB6EB5C49.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back