Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 20, 2019 at 8:00 PM Post #17,522 of 62,673
These were on Firmware 1.17 when I received them. I updated them to 1.22.

Honestly, I cannot tell any difference in sound quality between these and my previous L2P. The hiss is still there. Not annoying, but noticeable. And treble is still way too hot for my liking, even when using the Treble Reducer EQ.

I seriously need to try some other TWS at this point. Any suggestions?

Fiil t1x bruh

Dec 20, 2019 at 8:27 PM Post #17,524 of 62,673
I don't really care about ANC on tws tbh because even using my t1x and other tws except airpods, they already isolate the noise pretty significantly to me. Now, ambient noise thru is more important as you don't have to take off your tws when talking to people. Hopefully, just like any other technology, this ambient noise thru will be available to tws that cost under $100 soon.

I used to feel the same way, but after some time using ANC enabled earphones, it become a bit of a critical criteria for me for my future wireless gear purchases. Using the XM3 to the mall last weekend, and i literally can feel sleepy and at peace sitting there with crowd noises and the blaring sound of the live music.

Ambient mode is also important but is secondary for me, as i can easily remove one to talk to people. Also with regular non ANC devices, i usually can still hear and have conversation if i stop the music.

And if I haven't said this before, The Air Pods Pro IMO are really far superior to the XM3 in transparency/ambient mode and ANC. Anyone with these two also have the Amazon Buds? or any other ANC TWS?

Sadly it hasn't been sold officially in my country, and private sellers put a high price tag on their's. Went so far to scour my neighboring country, but so far can't find one as it's been sold out. I might sell my WHXM3 headphone once i got the APP for my wife, because as good as the WH performance goes, i prefer to travel light

Heck, even if that BQC35 ANC TWS works decent enough, i might still sell the WH

Dec 20, 2019 at 9:03 PM Post #17,526 of 62,673
ANC was never critical to me years ago as airplane noise, train noise etc, never seemed to stop me having a snooze or listening to, and enjoying, my music. In fact I found those noises rhythmic!

Now as the years pass, what annoys me is the incessant voices of large crowds, blaring background advertisements in malls, etc. I used to wear my custom IEMs and whilst passive isolation is good, let’s be honest - in between tracks, I can still hear those nuisances. Sometimes I can still keep track of a conversation next to me even in between songs.

ANC is now a must have. At least for me.

Dec 20, 2019 at 9:16 PM Post #17,528 of 62,673
Sound decent. V shaped fun tuning. These are very average tws overall. Lots of latency. Could do worse for 99.

I wonder how they compare musically to the mw07 or L2P, I don't care about latency, call quality, etc?

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2019 at 9:21 PM Post #17,529 of 62,673
These were on Firmware 1.17 when I received them. I updated them to 1.22.

Honestly, I cannot tell any difference in sound quality between these and my previous L2P. The hiss is still there. Not annoying, but noticeable. And treble is still way too hot for my liking, even when using the Treble Reducer EQ.

I seriously need to try some other TWS at this point. Any suggestions?
Thinking about this some more, I think my issues with L2P are related to poor fit in my ears. Tried all the various tips, and still not getting good seal, and this causes bass to be weak and highs to be overblown. When I press them into my ears with my fingers, things improve, but there is no way in hell they could stay pressed in like this on their own.

Dec 20, 2019 at 9:44 PM Post #17,530 of 62,673
ANC was never critical to me years ago as airplane noise, train noise etc, never seemed to stop me having a snooze or listening to, and enjoying, my music. In fact I found those noises rhythmic!

Now as the years pass, what annoys me is the incessant voices of large crowds, blaring background advertisements in malls, etc. I used to wear my custom IEMs and whilst passive isolation is good, let’s be honest - in between tracks, I can still hear those nuisances. Sometimes I can still keep track of a conversation next to me even in between songs.

ANC is now a must have. At least for me.
Well the beauty about tws is they are wireless. You could put this over your tws lol Screenshot_20191220-184247.jpg

Dec 20, 2019 at 9:49 PM Post #17,531 of 62,673
Or you can use sony/bose headphone over your tws and get double noise reduction. Loltim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

Dec 20, 2019 at 10:08 PM Post #17,533 of 62,673
Picked up a pair of refurbished Powerbeats Pros for $119 from Best Buy. From what I remember of my brief time with them, they’re worth every bit of that.
Makes me feel good about wanting to get them too. Should be able to get them very gently used at e-earphone for 150$.
119$ is better of course

wonder if their smooth bass will ‘wow’ me again

Dec 20, 2019 at 10:14 PM Post #17,534 of 62,673
Does anyone else feel like the FIIL T1X is lacking in bass? Are you turning the bass up on yours? I'm not able to with the Spotify EQ. It doesn't work. And the Android app doesn't work.
After burn-in, the bass quantity will be reduced. It is enough for me tho. I don't EQ mine at all.

Dec 20, 2019 at 10:22 PM Post #17,535 of 62,673

Users who are viewing this thread

Back