Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 20, 2019 at 1:48 PM Post #17,491 of 62,435
When the case is being charged, the LED light will be constantly on and it will turned off when the case is fully charged. The LED light will blink several times when you take/put the iem back into the case to indicate the charge is low.

Hmmm, maybe my case came fully charged? The LED didn't come on when I plugged the case in, but would come on briefly if I opened the lid and closed it again. The buds seem to charge with no issues. We will try it again after I have recharged the buds several times.

Dec 20, 2019 at 2:05 PM Post #17,493 of 62,435
What's the issue with Metal? This may be a big no for me.

I'm no audiophile, but to me the treble sounded both "veiled" and harsh, it just didn't sound right.

It's a real shame because the software and hardware is the best i've tried on any true wireless. Buttons instead of touch control is sooo much better

Have you tried using the Sound+ app to create a personal EQ preset for metal? You can create and save as many different personal EQ settings as you wish in addition to the factory presets.

Yeah, I played around with all the presets and some of my own, but couldn't get anything that would satisfy my needs.

Dec 20, 2019 at 2:26 PM Post #17,494 of 62,435
I've been doing some tip testing, with the Sony XM3, FIIL T1x, NUARL NT01A and L2Pro.

The best for me on the T1x are the Auvio's, they really give a nice bump in the bass and let all that great clarity come through.
Good looking out. Forgot I had the Auvio's laying around. The stock large eartips from the T1x inserted way too deep in my ear causing negative pressure. I was using the mediums but wasn't getting full seal on my left side. Auvio's even fit in the case. Thanks!

Dec 20, 2019 at 3:07 PM Post #17,495 of 62,435
Just got home a pair of Jabra Elite 75t, they are awesome in every way, great comfort/design, nice buttons with a good control scheme, ambient mode that actually works great.

SQ is really good except for when I play metal songs... Which I do quite a lot so I'll have to sell them anyway -.-

Nooo!!! I need them to work for metal! The 65ts were my first TWS, and I love the look of the black 75ts.
Well, my two cents is the T1x is excellent for metal and prog. I've been listening to the first Animals As Leaders album on them today and it sounds excellent. Tips make a big difference to me, so I use the Auvio M Blue's.

Dec 20, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #17,496 of 62,435
Well, my two cents is the T1x is excellent for metal and prog. I've been listening to the first Animals As Leaders album on them today and it sounds excellent. Tips make a big difference to me, so I use the Auvio M Blue's.
Thanks. I have been loving the T1X and the L2Ps. Only thing I’m missing is ambient. It really does come in handy.

Dec 20, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #17,497 of 62,435
Well, I finally found a use for the spinfit 360's. I am testing the Alterola IE800 today. It's like a Bass and treble monster, super punchy deep bass and almost shrill highs. The mids are are good a bit recessed. Anyway, with the spinfit's the highs are much more tame and the mids are more forward and a bit more full. Bass as usual is smooshed so there's more bass and less sub bass, but with these tips these sound pretty energetic and fun. They have major connection issues. I can't even walk out of my office without them cutting out and the right side cuts out every 15 min. for a second, so they are a no buy for sure, but the sound is really pretty fun. Reminds me of the version 1 of the L2pro, but just the tuning they don't sound nearly as good as the L2pro.

Dec 20, 2019 at 3:21 PM Post #17,498 of 62,435
Thanks. I have been loving the T1X and the L2Ps. Only thing I’m missing is ambient. It really does come in handy.
I feel you, man. Once I started using Ambient on my Xm3 and APPs it's so hard to not have it. Especially because I have 3 year old twins that are loud as hell and love to scream. ANC comes in real handy too.

Dec 20, 2019 at 3:21 PM Post #17,499 of 62,435

Yeah no fast access to ambient is pretty much a deal breaker for me.

Removing an earbud when you got a cable connected to it is no big deal, but when you gotta remove a tiny true wireless bud everytime you wanna have a quick convo or whatever is a pain in the ass.

Off all the true wireless I've tested the Momentum True Wireless have had the best sound (but battery drain issue that was a deal breaker) and the Jabra 75t has had the best software/hardware if you don't count SQ.

I just wanna combine the functionality of the Jabras with the sound of the MTW :/

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2019 at 6:13 PM Post #17,501 of 62,435
The Helm people have some new stuff coming at CES...
upload_2019-12-20_18-11-24.png

and
upload_2019-12-20_18-13-2.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-12-20_17-27-28.jpeg
    upload_2019-12-20_17-27-28.jpeg
    10 KB · Views: 0
  • upload_2019-12-20_18-8-21.png
    upload_2019-12-20_18-8-21.png
    347.7 KB · Views: 0
Dec 20, 2019 at 6:19 PM Post #17,502 of 62,435
The Helm people have some new stuff coming at CES...

and

" The HELM Triple Driver True Wireless include a first of its kind intuitive rotary control dial to change tracks, pause music, access voice assistants and take phone calls. " Interesting to say the least. Even though my first reaction is that it might be difficult considering IEMs are so tiny.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2019 at 6:33 PM Post #17,503 of 62,435
I'm no audiophile, but to me the treble sounded both "veiled" and harsh, it just didn't sound right.

It's a real shame because the software and hardware is the best i've tried on any true wireless. Buttons instead of touch control is sooo much better

Yeah, I played around with all the presets and some of my own, but couldn't get anything that would satisfy my needs.
Try to lessen the 8kHz to 10kHz region and bring up the 2kHz area and see what happens.

Dec 20, 2019 at 6:48 PM Post #17,505 of 62,435
Got my L2P revision 3 today. On the plus side the hiss is virtually gone. Definitely a reduction in gain. Volume is lower but still plenty loud for me. After using the APP for a few weeks I’m finding the bass overwhelming even on bass reduction. Not sure I can get used to it. It’s just too much of a good thing. Seems like more bass than before but I’d have to do a back to back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back