Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 19, 2019 at 10:50 PM Post #17,464 of 62,112
I'm a long way behind here as I've been quite happy with the combination of my Brainwavz BLU-Delta that just refuse to die for exercise and my Sony WH-1000xm2 for at home listening. Anyway, I had heard how much improvement had been made in the TWS space since my last ghastly foray into this world and ended up picking up a pair of "Original" Syllable S101 from Aliexpress for $50AUD.

Well...colour me impressed. I am well aware that these came out a long while ago now, and lack some features that would now be considered basic but I'll be damned if these are not extremely impressive for a $50 pair of earbuds.

Pairing is beyond painless, reliable and leads to a stable connection that establishes itself automatically with APT-X as soon as the lid is opened. Both earbuds stay paired to one another and have only momentarily dropped out once in the last month, quickly coming back together with a press of the button on the left (dropped side).

Sound quality is obviously not the absolute best I've ever heard, but the dual drivers do a more than handy job of pumping out everything from psychedelic trance, funk and rock to podcasts and youtube far beyond anything that I really need when I am exercising or walking around.

They are so good, and so reliable in fact that the WH-1000xm2s only leave the house with me now if I am going on a plane.

Battery life is fantastic for TWS buds to the point that I have not managed to run them out of battery yet and the build quality is far, far better than anything I was expecting.

So why am I here? Well, I got to thinking...if these >12 month old cheap buds are THIS GOOD, what developments have I missed in the last 12 months?

I have dug through pages and pages of this thread but it is hard to find anything consistently noted as being the pack leader, especially around this price point.

What would you vote as your absolute best (most reliable, best sound quality, best battery life) around the $50USD price mark as of end of Dec 2019? Many thanks for any replies and have a merry xmas!

Dec 19, 2019 at 11:41 PM Post #17,465 of 62,112
I'm a long way behind here as I've been quite happy with the combination of my Brainwavz BLU-Delta that just refuse to die for exercise and my Sony WH-1000xm2 for at home listening. Anyway, I had heard how much improvement had been made in the TWS space since my last ghastly foray into this world and ended up picking up a pair of "Original" Syllable S101 from Aliexpress for $50AUD.

Well...colour me impressed. I am well aware that these came out a long while ago now, and lack some features that would now be considered basic but I'll be damned if these are not extremely impressive for a $50 pair of earbuds.

Pairing is beyond painless, reliable and leads to a stable connection that establishes itself automatically with APT-X as soon as the lid is opened. Both earbuds stay paired to one another and have only momentarily dropped out once in the last month, quickly coming back together with a press of the button on the left (dropped side).

Sound quality is obviously not the absolute best I've ever heard, but the dual drivers do a more than handy job of pumping out everything from psychedelic trance, funk and rock to podcasts and youtube far beyond anything that I really need when I am exercising or walking around.

They are so good, and so reliable in fact that the WH-1000xm2s only leave the house with me now if I am going on a plane.

Battery life is fantastic for TWS buds to the point that I have not managed to run them out of battery yet and the build quality is far, far better than anything I was expecting.

So why am I here? Well, I got to thinking...if these >12 month old cheap buds are THIS GOOD, what developments have I missed in the last 12 months?

I have dug through pages and pages of this thread but it is hard to find anything consistently noted as being the pack leader, especially around this price point.

What would you vote as your absolute best (most reliable, best sound quality, best battery life) around the $50USD price mark as of end of Dec 2019? Many thanks for any replies and have a merry xmas!

Try Fiil T1X.
For me, it has the best bluetooth connection (connecting and also stability wise) from my other tws and the best sound quality without having to EQ. The battery life is pretty standard at around 4-6 hours depending on how loud you listen to and the control might be awkward at first because it is different than many other tws out there.

Dec 20, 2019 at 12:14 AM Post #17,467 of 62,112
Try Fiil T1X.
For me, it has the best bluetooth connection (connecting and also stability wise) from my other tws and the best sound quality without having to EQ. The battery life is pretty standard at around 4-6 hours depending on how loud you listen to and the control might be awkward at first because it is different than many other tws out there.

Thank you! those look like a nice step forward.

Dec 20, 2019 at 12:54 AM Post #17,468 of 62,112
Try Fiil T1X.

The ability to adjust volume on the earbuds is something that I find myself missing on other TWS. Does the million-hour burn-in process change the sound on these? It’s more of a hassle to do than a wired IEM. Stock tips are shallow, but yellow spinfits with their taller profile don’t always fit in the case. Still, I enjoy the T1X.

Dec 20, 2019 at 1:31 AM Post #17,470 of 62,112
Hi,

which is actually the best sounding true wireless IEM?

this would vary from person to person, depending on their sound preference. for me personally (from what I've tried) it would be the Sony XM3 and Galaxy Buds. the older Sony WF-1000X also great sounding, but i don't recommend buying unless it's really cheap, because of the older tech and features.

other honorable mentions would be the Mavin Air and Nuarl NT01AX

Dec 20, 2019 at 3:58 AM Post #17,471 of 62,112

My first TWS was the syllable 101. I wasn´t really happy with the sound, I sold them and bought the tranya t3. And those sound really great, with a punchy bass, goof detail in mids and highs, good sound stage, and very good battery and connection. They fir perfect in my ears.I bought it in amazon.es for 39€, I highly reccomend it. Only a cuople of cons, no aptx, and microusb connection.

Dec 20, 2019 at 4:15 AM Post #17,472 of 62,112
Try Fiil T1X.

The gamesky video rewiew of those TWS comments the app didn´t work him. Does it work to you?

Dec 20, 2019 at 8:38 AM Post #17,474 of 62,112
I dont find any TW that listenable w/o EQ.
Sony 1000xm3 or BO E8 is close.
Some example unit I cant listen to bcs bload bass : Sennheiser mtw, Anker liberty air 2...

How a TW sounds after tunning is critical condition to me when I buy.
To drive a tw, regarding sound tunning, best to me is samsung phones (Note series).
Iphone6/6s is best if NO tunning is need (unlucky, I dont find a TW that good).
By using Eq and Adaptive sound of ss phone I get exceptional sound on BO E8, enough for me to become lazy touching high end e.stat inear, even at home.

Not like wired headphones which mostly sound worse with eq-ing, TW mostly get better sound if tunning it by using DSP from source and on TW unit itself.
Sony 1000xm3 is less effect (toward good side) while E8 have tons of effect.
No more strange sound imagine, no more back-drop like listening, no more bass/upper bass weaker than sub, no more laid back. Keep huge sound stage. Much more detail, forward and balance sound...

Some manufacture use nice words to say about their product, example hearID tech on Anker liberty air 2. Actually it is not.

Dec 20, 2019 at 9:10 AM Post #17,475 of 62,112
Hi Guys tried resetting my SSK to no avail. I used the manual method. Only one side will play. Help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back