Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 20, 2019 at 6:50 PM Post #17,507 of 62,439
Try to lessen the 8kHz to 10kHz region and bring up the 2kHz area and see what happens.

Yeah, lowering the treble actually helped a bit. Also had to lower the bass since it was overwhelming even at "flat"

Hmm might hold onto these until Sennheiser releases their MK 2.

Screenshot_2019-12-21-00-46-31-97_d35e13c50f629f61e0c41243c685a6e0.jpg

Dec 20, 2019 at 6:54 PM Post #17,509 of 62,439
Try to lessen the 8kHz to 10kHz region and bring up the 2kHz area and see what happens.
You're a genius. I was playing with this EQ I got on my Mac screwing around with the T1x and I couldn't get the high end the way I like it. Sure enough, boosted the 2k and 4k a bit lower and turned the 8k down and the 16k up just a touch, These things sound really incredible, they are very EQ able.

Dec 20, 2019 at 7:02 PM Post #17,510 of 62,439
Yes indeed. Glad someone is taking a run at new ideas.

Dear Audeze, please bring me a high end TWS in 2020. Pretty please. Isine tws...

Hope so too, the Mobious sounds incredible when using LDAC, even tho they were pretty crappy as BT headphones because of the bad battery life.

Also they seem to have somewhat of a grip about software judging from the Mobius.

I'd be sold if they released a non gaming BT headphone and true wireless!

Dec 20, 2019 at 7:06 PM Post #17,511 of 62,439
Got my L2P revision 3 today. On the plus side the hiss is virtually gone. Definitely a reduction in gain. Volume is lower but still plenty loud for me. After using the APP for a few weeks I’m finding the bass overwhelming even on bass reduction. Not sure I can get used to it. It’s just too much of a good thing. Seems like more bass than before but I’d have to do a back to back.
Don't go soft on me @clerkpalmer. Bass is like butter, sure you can use too much, but can you? really? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I can't remember if you have some of those Symbio Hybrid tips? They Sap the bass right out of the L2p's and they still sound fantastic.

Dec 20, 2019 at 7:14 PM Post #17,513 of 62,439
Just experienced the L2pro in Aptx for the first time. :cry: It's kind of magical. Also, Finally after a week of burning in my new T1x's I've been listening to them. The burn in really stretched out the low end and the mids sound thicker. They don't go as low as the L2pro, but they still have great low and some sub bass.

So today, my top 3 are the XM3's, L2pro rev. 3 and the T1x, closely followed by the NT01A, which take some eq'ing to clean them up a little, because they are a little sluggish.

And if I haven't said this before, The Air Pods Pro IMO are really far superior to the XM3 in transparency/ambient mode and ANC. Anyone with these two also have the Amazon Buds? or any other ANC TWS?

Dec 20, 2019 at 7:19 PM Post #17,514 of 62,439
OMG, Japan keeps impressing me in terms of being Audio Heaven for shoppers. From last year I remember that for TWS the big stores had opened and manned special counters for customers to be able to try all of their TWS offerings. This year they went a step further, today I saw extra shelf space with many many TWE just out in the open, the earbuds in little wooden bowls, like fine jewelry.

their charging cases next to them.
Those might have been dummies (or non charged originals), the signs are saying that this is just for testing the fit! There were even on occasion cases with different size ear tips. And then, if you like a fit you can still go to the counter and try the charged & cleaned version for sound.
(I witnessed one staff member going around the shelves constantly cleaning cases and try-buds)

did not bring enough time to audition stuff. But they had tons of what I would have liked to try (Nuarl 06, MW07, LP2, xm3...)! I was actually overwhelmed!!! Saw so much stuff I never even heard about before :wink:

here, have some “Happy Plugs” :D

Store appears in picture seems to be in 2F of a building beside Tokyo Shinkansen station.
World of electronic devices!

Dec 20, 2019 at 7:24 PM Post #17,515 of 62,439
Just received replacement L2P from Anker, supposedly the newest version; however, the bottom white label still says "Iteration 1," so I have no idea what version it really is. Gonna have a listen tonight...
Soooo. I'm still in contact with anker, trying to sort out my returns and what not. They told me the serial number is on the charging case tab, you'll need to pull it out and it's on the back.

To give you an idea. My version 1 starts with 1939, Version 2 starts with 1943 and my newest version ver. 3 starts wtih 1947.

Dec 20, 2019 at 7:35 PM Post #17,516 of 62,439
On aptX mode, liberty air 2 expose tons of noise. It wont sounds as the tone should be.
7k notes and above worst on aptx.
Best is acc, that I can not identy any distort (I am not a robot or machine).
In tracks, much more signal play at same moment so it complex enough to masking each other... point out distort is much hard,I can not.

The app in pic is Tone generator on ggplay.
It helps pointting out problem of your audio path, from your source to your EARS (not other human ears, not dummy ear or any human ear shape stuffs).
Screenshot_20191218-214016_Frequency Generator.jpg
Screenshot_20191218-213820_Settings.jpg

In this app, using 10 signal at a time, I still hear distortion.

Dec 20, 2019 at 7:35 PM Post #17,517 of 62,439
And if I haven't said this before, The Air Pods Pro IMO are really far superior to the XM3 in transparency/ambient mode and ANC. Anyone with these two also have the Amazon Buds? or any other ANC TWS?

I no longer have the APPs and XM3s (or the LTA+) but I've kept the Echo Buds which goes some ways to answering your question I suppose :wink: They're not perfect but to me the Echo Buds offer the best combo in terms of SQ/Isolation/Ambient/Fit/Look/Price. I've written about them and the others in detail before but if you have any specific questions, feel free :wink:

Dec 20, 2019 at 7:41 PM Post #17,518 of 62,439
Soooo. I'm still in contact with anker, trying to sort out my returns and what not. They told me the serial number is on the charging case tab, you'll need to pull it out and it's on the back.

To give you an idea. My version 1 starts with 1939, Version 2 starts with 1943 and my newest version ver. 3 starts wtih 1947.

Huh, I have 1945xx !

Dec 20, 2019 at 7:58 PM Post #17,519 of 62,439
Just received replacement L2P from Anker, supposedly the newest version; however, the bottom white label still says "Iteration 1," so I have no idea what version it really is. Gonna have a listen tonight...
These were on Firmware 1.17 when I received them. I updated them to 1.22.

Honestly, I cannot tell any difference in sound quality between these and my previous L2P. The hiss is still there. Not annoying, but noticeable. And treble is still way too hot for my liking, even when using the Treble Reducer EQ.

I seriously need to try some other TWS at this point. Any suggestions?

Dec 20, 2019 at 7:59 PM Post #17,520 of 62,439
I don't really care about ANC on tws tbh because even using my t1x and other tws except airpods, they already isolate the noise pretty significantly to me. Now, ambient noise thru is more important as you don't have to take off your tws when talking to people. Hopefully, just like any other technology, this ambient noise thru will be available to tws that cost under $100 soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back