Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 15, 2019 at 4:19 AM Post #17,298 of 62,157
Well, as they say in sports, upon further review (and returning to the 75t medium tips, from the large), I am probably going to keep the Jabras. I listened for an hour or so, and they are very nice, not as shrill as the Fill, which can be a bit peaky. Haven't burned in the Fiil at all, so that could be it. Or I can use EQ to tame the highs a bit. But since I paid $56 for the 75t (that Amazon gift card I had hanging around), I think I will keep them, so now I have four pair of TWs, still a mere piker based on the folks who hang on this thread. My issue with fit seems to have been based on trying the larger tips. You have to sort of turn them to get max fit, and that works best for me with medium tips.

Are they worth $179? Tough call considering the sound from some of the lesser priced TW phones. I mean, if I had paid $179 for them, I might have returned them. But again, price was a factor in keeping them. Of course, that gift card was a result of me returning other stuff to Amazon, so you could say I paid full price, but my twisted POV says I paid $56. Just fooling myself. Seems less painless, haha.
i feel like you would have mentioned this if you'd had this issue, but when you owned the 65T, did your set have a channel imbalance? Anything like that with the 75T?

Dec 15, 2019 at 4:20 AM Post #17,299 of 62,157
Last edited:
Dec 15, 2019 at 4:31 AM Post #17,300 of 62,157
Saw Final has one coming for those Final Audio fans...
191102_pr_img_TWS03R_01_thumb.jpg

Plenty of colors...
191102_pr_img_TWS03R_00_thumb.jpg

Not anything big though. Just a ~$55 budget model with BT5.0 and SBC/AAC.
After Final refused to consider looking at my d8000 because of crackling issues in each driver at medium volume, i'll never buy anything from them again. can't believe i spent that much on headphones. Heard them at RMAF back in 2017 and even out of my V20 they sounded really incredible. Some of the best impactful and full bass i've ever heard, that stopped on a dime when it wasn't called for. but THE WORST PURCHASE i've ever made i think ever.

Dec 15, 2019 at 4:45 AM Post #17,301 of 62,157
I've been spending a lot of time in headphone shops lately trying out various TWs.

Today was Sennheiser Momentum TW vs. MW07 Plus.

I had previously tried the Sennheisers a couple of times and not enjoyed the sound, but decided to give them another go since the shop took a while to dig out the MW07 demo model.

I put them in and yep, sounded pretty bad. Then I thought, hmm, I wonder if there's an app for these. I installed it, went to Equalizer, and saw that it was cranked all the up to the right on treble! Changed it to something closer to what I like and wow! Those things actually sounded great. What I realized is that the EQ gets saved to the buds themselves, and so every time I'd tried them previously I was listening to the EQ of the last person to mess with it.

What's really fantastic about that for me is I want to use wireless buds with my Garmin sports watch, which does not have any kind of EQ of its own. I can actually be listening through my watch and adjust the MTW EQ with my phone at the same time. Awesome!

Using my own tips the fit was very solid. Aptx low latency works as advertised, with only a barely perceptible delay in VLC (Android) compared to unusable lag with every other TW I've tried.

The MW07 plus (or more likely Go) has been sitting at the top of my contender list for a while. They fit me great, have the best controls (volume rocker on left bud, multi function on right), sound great, and have a cool design as well as great battery life. However after listening to it against the Sennheiser I think I like the MTW better. Has deeper sub-bass which I love, and the MW07 sounds just a bit harsher to me. Lack of an app for EQ is also a bit of a bummer given my desired use case.

Unfortunately the Sennheisers don't seem like a good buy right now with only 3ish- hour battery life and no IPX rating that I'm aware of. Also heard stories of the case not holding a charge which would be awful. Seems like they'll be releasing an updated model sometime in 2020 so I think it makes sense to wait and see what that's like.

Was impressed by the 1More Stylish the other day as well. Smooth sound with nice low bass and solid fit. Problems were the controls were a bit haywire with my watch, and my ears started to feel a bit sore/irritated after a half hour or so.

One function I realized I want to have is the ability to power off the buds (ideally individually) without having to put them in the case since I'll want to go out and about without lugging it around, and sometimes I just want one of them in when listening to podcasts.
IF you've gotten a response on this my bad, catching up on the thread haha. The MTWs are IPX 4, and i can still get 5 hours out of them w vol about 60-65%. That's after a year of usage. And they do have the potential to be EQed to a great sound no doubt. What you've heard about the case is true. At this point if you are interested in them, i'd not only wait till the revision is out, but give it a bit as well in case there are issues like on the 1st gen.

Dec 15, 2019 at 4:47 AM Post #17,302 of 62,157
Last edited:
Dec 15, 2019 at 4:56 AM Post #17,303 of 62,157
Has anyone tried these Mee Audio X10s?
They suck
Eq'd APP? Does the Airpods Pro have a designated EQ I don't know about? Not just the "rotten" presets under Settings-Music? I use Apple Music, and I have a 4 month free sub with Tidal HIFI, but neither have a built-in EQ as for ex. Spotify.

Other than the APP, I just have the QCY T1C, Tronsmart Spunky Beats and a broken set of Anbes 359 (the originals). SSK BT03 on the way.

The Tevis sound way fuller than the APP now. That's for sure.
They are still as detailed, but without a doubt with more deep- and midbass. The Infected Mushroom - Avratz I posted a little while back, sounds incredible. (listening to it now) Bass is deeep, and the attack in the snare drum at 6:40 is amazing. Never heard it better. (with any bt-headset that is)

Please don't use $90 because of my "review" :)
I think my fit is much better than most with the form factor of the Tevis. I actually thought they had enough bass as they were (with Spinfit CP360) But, again... no doubt, they are noticable "bassier" now.

Also looking forward to what #tma6 is saying, if he have the chance to update.[/ i just wanted a tad mor bass on these. look forward to your impressions on them going forward, i really didn't want to send them back. Love the idea of just a bit mor bass because everything else was damn near perfect imo.

Dec 15, 2019 at 5:31 AM Post #17,304 of 62,157
At Luchyres, at d3myz, at TMA6, at Spamateur and anyone else interested, Looks like the n6 pro is available in italy:
NUARL N6PRO HDSS True Wireless Stereo ... - Amazon.it
Keeps removing the link..
But hopefully only a few mor days till they arrive in the states.
i've been stoked about these for like 2 months now when luchyres mentioned them.
I almost bought the NT01AX several months back, so hoping for greatness with these.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2019 at 6:37 AM Post #17,305 of 62,157
Nt01a vs alien qcc010

To start, I'm pretty hiss sensitive and both have a slight hiss/static to them but not bad. The connection to both are steady but haven't tested outside yet.

Nt01a has more bass and subbass with a wider soundstage. Qcc010 has more clarity and bass hits a bit more quicker but less. I would say qcc010 has a generic sounding earphone while nt01a has a relaxed, smooth yet detailed with lots of bass. Personally I am leaning towards nt01a.

Overall nt01a feels more comfortable and better to use with volume control. Qcc010 is smaller and comfortable as well button is a bit clicky.

Both have a delay in audio so watching youtube could be frustrating. Nt01a has a bit less delay so its tolerable, qcc010 is too slow and not watchable in my opinion

update: using the youtube app on the phone, there's no delay for both

I haven't tested mic yet..

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2019 at 6:39 AM Post #17,306 of 62,157
At Luchyres, at d3myz, at TMA6, at Spamateur and anyone else interested, Looks like the n6 pro is available in italy:
NUARL N6PRO HDSS True Wireless Stereo ... - Amazon.it
Keeps removing the link..
But hopefully only a few mor days till they arrive in the states.
i've been stoked about these for like 2 months now when luchyres mentioned them.
I almost bought the NT01AX several months back, so hoping for greatness with these.

I heard the n6 pro and I think it strikes a good balance and to me sounds better than the sony 1000xm3. But that was just quick listen in store for what it's worth. N6 sounds closer to nt01a with lots of bass and less highs

Dec 15, 2019 at 9:54 AM Post #17,307 of 62,157
Inspired by Bartig's mini-review / look-back-on early 2019 darlings, I grabbed my Syllable S101 and I am pretty certain I had not touched them for over a month. And to my very big surprise both the buds and the case had full charges and connected right away and sound as lovely as ever ... One of my earliest purchases of this year's TWS craze summer ... oh, sweet memories

Which 'old' ones have you recently re-loved again? :)

Dec 15, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #17,310 of 62,157

Users who are viewing this thread

Back