Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 15, 2019 at 6:32 PM Post #17,326 of 62,105
LP2 (pre-order batch) observation post 1.22 firmware .. finally had a chance to listen for an hour or so today, and I am noticing that they respond differently to the EQ settings. I never liked the recommended EQ setting, and now that actually sounds quite good for electronically produced music. I've been impressed since day one, and they continue to provide a very satisfying experience overall.

The hiss sound is almost non existent, it never bothered me really.. in fact I kind of liked it, like some old school analog sound lol

Dec 15, 2019 at 9:41 PM Post #17,329 of 62,105
Been using the Aviot TE-BD21F triple drivers for a few days. The overall sound is neutral with a slight warmness. It works well with almost all genres, especially for instrumental and movies. The sound is never fatiguing, but detailed at the same time. Aviot has done a very good job of extracting the maximum from each of the 3 drivers. Some companies put a gazillion drivers into their IEMs, but tune them to sound like they have a limited range (too bright or too bassy). Aviot makes the treble sound tight and fast, mids have a natural timbre and bass hits hard when required without sounding flabby. On top of hearing the music, the Aviot lets listeners hear how the music is played. Very impressive effort from Aviot.

Controls-wise, volume control is on the left bud, playback control is on the right bud. When unconnected for a few mins, the buds will auto off, it is also possible to manually power off and on them by pressing the buttons. The ability to manually turn it off and on means I do not have to bring the case out.

Dec 15, 2019 at 9:43 PM Post #17,330 of 62,105
No regrets, they're not any better with AptX. I have shared my pros/cons on these a few times before...
On the contrary, I have found the SQ, comfort and connectivity of the Track Air+ to be excellent. Of all my TWS earbuds, it ranks #2 just behind my 75t (which has the superior app). As opinions differ, nothing beats auditioning them personally if at all possible. I should add that I am an Android user and have only used them with the ApeX codec.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2019 at 10:40 PM Post #17,331 of 62,105
Been using the Aviot TE-BD21F triple drivers for a few days. The overall sound is neutral with a slight warmness. It works well with almost all genres, especially for instrumental and movies. The sound is never fatiguing, but detailed at the same time. Aviot has done a very good job of extracting the maximum from each of the 3 drivers. Some companies put a gazillion drivers into their IEMs, but tune them to sound like they have a limited range (too bright or too bassy). Aviot makes the treble sound tight and fast, mids have a natural timbre and bass hits hard when required without sounding flabby. On top of hearing the music, the Aviot lets listeners hear how the music is played. Very impressive effort from Aviot.

Controls-wise, volume control is on the left bud, playback control is on the right bud. When unconnected for a few mins, the buds will auto off, it is also possible to manually power off and on them by pressing the buttons. The ability to manually turn it off and on means I do not have to bring the case out.

Any hiss when listening to silent parts of movies or podcasts? I am looking to upgrade my NT01AX and thought of the m6 pro but worry about the hiss I am already getting from Nuarl.

Dec 16, 2019 at 12:13 AM Post #17,334 of 62,105
the “Problems with L2P and/or its Recent Firmware” thread

Dec 16, 2019 at 2:33 AM Post #17,335 of 62,105
I got Libratone Track Air+ from Amazon today. What a waste of time. On the Amazon web site it says they support AAC. They don't and the sound is plain awful with my iphone and SBC codec. The airpods pro sound much better.
Iphone owners be aware - it's false advertisement about AAC support.
Thanks for the warning. I was about to order them, but saw this and then took them out of my cart.

Dec 16, 2019 at 4:10 AM Post #17,336 of 62,105
Try a little rubbing alcohol and a toothpick. See if pressing down lightly and wiggling it will allow the alcohol to wick inwards and free the stickyness.

OMG, that actually worked! I did not think it would, so I held off on that for a bit, but when I finally had some extra time I started this nerv wrecking game of trying to poke a mini dot with the tip of a toothpick 100+ times ... but eventually it poked in, and a bit out again and finally it was half out, enough to slightly grab it with tweezers !!!

So happy to have the SSF back in my arsenal, they are still kick ass TWS imho.

Oh, and thanks @chinmie for keeping me from trying oil based (tbh, don't have anything like that, other than olive oil, in my arsenal)

Dec 16, 2019 at 4:12 AM Post #17,337 of 62,105
the “Problems with L2P and/or its Recent Firmware” thread

LOL, was thinking that same :wink:

The LP2 never really caught my eye, but all the talk here ... now I just have to audition them :D

Do i get that right, they sound amazing for the few that get a perfect fit and as long as they don't hiss?
Sounds amazeballs!!!

Dec 16, 2019 at 5:50 AM Post #17,338 of 62,105
On the contrary, I have found the SQ, comfort and connectivity of the Track Air+ to be excellent. Of all my TWS earbuds, it ranks #2 just behind my 75t (which has the superior app). As opinions differ, nothing beats auditioning them personally if at all possible. I should add that I am an Android user and have only used them with the ApeX codec.
AptX !
Yes you've posted before that you liked them, as usual, to each their own. I spent a whole month with them and stand by my Pros and Cons and my comparisons with the WF-1000xm3 or Amazon Echo Buds as far as TWS with ANC/ANR go.

Since this is also the L2P complaints thread :wink: Listening to Roger Waters' "cinematic" "Amused to Death" with them and it's really wonderful, they completely immerse you in the music ! Now about that hiss that can be heard in low passages (I have v2)...I have a message into Anker, zero reply so far.

Dec 16, 2019 at 6:31 AM Post #17,340 of 62,105
so my wife was curious about my WF1000XM3, because she travel on planes quite often. she really like the sound and the ANC, but not too fond of the size. might be partly because my unit has Symbio tips on it, so it sticks out more compared to the stock tips. she tried the WH1000XM3 version, and surprisingly she thinks it's really comfortable (she usually don't like big cumbersome headphones). maybe in the near future I'd purchase an airpods pro for her convenience, not to mention it's got IPX rating... seeing how she handles her phone, IPX rating is a must :dt880smile:

for now, the headphone would do for her plane rides.

i myself prefer the WF version more, especially the sound. it's more balanced

Users who are viewing this thread

Back