Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 13, 2019 at 12:07 PM Post #17,221 of 62,297
I don't know if you saw my post earlier this week, but Tranya is re-tuning the Rimor and the new version will be ready at the end of December. Ida is sending me another pair. I'm assuming that a lot of the tester feedback they got wasn't positive. (shrug)

It will be interesting to see how Tranya tweaks the Rimor buds. I was a tester for these and I found the current version to be excellent.
I look forward to your follow-up on them.

Dec 13, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #17,222 of 62,297
Yes, I did notice that. Very slight though. On my DAP, I adjust channel balance just one notch to the left to correct it.
Thanks, glad to hear it's not something wrong with my hearing !

Dec 13, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #17,223 of 62,297
It will be interesting to see how Tranya tweaks the Rimor buds. I was a tester for these and I found the current version to be excellent.
I look forward to your follow-up on them.
I thought they were borderline unlistenable for music. and for $80 none the less. There are roughly 10 other offerings around $35-50 that I gave much higher marks to, so I'm very please they are re-tuning them. a 10mm driver shouldn't lack that much bass.

Dec 13, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #17,225 of 62,297
New MPOW version is about to be released in Japan "Air by MPOW"
606f1458690b81808ce90ab1100f4a0d.jpg

Here is a link https://www.paudiofes.com/2019/12/13/air-by-mpow/
Main points (translated from Japanese):
✔ Tuning for Japanese by Japanese sound experts
✔ Powerful rhythm with clear vocals and rich bass
✔ Qualcomm QCC3020 wireless chip
✔ Silicone / matte finish prevents fall and provides excellent fit
✔ Long battery life (maximum playback time 30 hours when combined with charging case)
✔ Touch sensor control
✔ Multi-pairing function (up to 8 units)
✔ Multi-point function (up to 2 units)
✔ IPX5 waterproof function
✔ Case LED scale that shows the remaining charge at a glance
✔ CVC8.0 high-performance microphone that does not convey the surrounding noise to the other party
✔ Compatible with voice recognition (Siri, Google Assistant)
✔ X5.1J (Name?)

Interesting, especially that point ‘for Japanese by Japanese’ as I can imagine that there might be different cultural sensitivities regarding ‘what sounds good’ :wink:

any word on price? Did not see any mention and quick googling only brought info on older wired models called ‘air’

64952103-496E-4920-B26D-71D7A63FDC71.jpeg

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #17,227 of 62,297
Interesting, especially that point ‘for Japanese by Japanese’ as I can imagine that there might be different cultural sensitivities regarding ‘what sounds good’ :wink:

any word on price? Did not see any mention and quick googling only brought info on older wired models called ‘air’

Looks like they will be $75 U.S. and Release in late December Model is X5.1J. https://www.airxmpow.jp/products/x5-1j

Dec 13, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #17,229 of 62,297
Anyone has experience with Track Air+? They look so sexy and have the Unicorn QC5121 chip, pass through and ANC. $189.
Yeah, had them for a month and sent them back, a few nice touches but too many issues overall, I wrote some detailed pros and cons you'll easily find with a quick search. If you're after the best isolation/ambient/SQ combo, take a look at the Amazon Echo Buds. As a side note they're available in the UK now.

Dec 13, 2019 at 2:23 PM Post #17,230 of 62,297
Yeah, had them for a month and sent them back, a few nice touches but too many issues overall, I wrote some detailed pros and cons you'll easily find with a quick search. If you're after the best isolation/ambient/SQ combo, take a look at the Amazon Echo Buds. As a side note they're available in the UK now.

Too bad. I had been watching for these to be released in the US. Guess they don't move the needle.

Dec 13, 2019 at 2:51 PM Post #17,231 of 62,297
Has anyone every tried This AirFly Pro? I have a friend who has one and uses it for gaming on his PC while connected to his Air Pods Pro, says it's great.
I've not tried that, but I use one of these, fed from my Creative SoundBlaster Z, connected via Aptx-LL to my Fiio BTR3, to run my AKG K702s wirelessly. Works very well for gaming. I use them with my Liberty Pro 2 sometimes as well, but there's a barely noticeable lag that is annoying for gaming but fine for everything else.

Dec 13, 2019 at 4:25 PM Post #17,232 of 62,297
IMG_4185.PNG IMG_4187.PNG IMG_4190.PNG IMG_4189.PNG
Well this was fun.
Installed a beta firmware updater on my friends Samsung tablet, and updated my Tevis.
(I just have iOS devices where there's not a working firmware updater yet)
Downloaded the latest version of the Tevi app from App Store (ver 1.3.1) and finally it works. :)

Pretty sure they tuned the sound to be a bit warmer with default settings, more depth in the bass. With the bass booster there's certainly more... :D The EQ works flawlessly with both Apple Music and Tidal too.
I also changed the settings for next track to two clicks and volume to three clicks.
Now I love my Tevis even more :heart:

Edit: Now I'm sure, there's definately more bass with the default settings!

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #17,233 of 62,297

Well this was fun.
Installed a beta firmware updater on my friends Samsung tablet (I just have iOS devices where there not a working firmware updater yet), and updated my Tevis. Downloaded the latest version of the Tevi app from App Store (ver 1.3.1) and finally it works. :)
Not sure, but pretty sure they made the sound a bit warmer with default settings, a little more depth in the bass. With the bass booster there's certainly more... :D The EQ works flawlessly with both Apple Music and Tidal too.
I also changed the settings for next track to two clicks and volume to three clicks.
Now I love my Tevis even more :heart:

Exciting! Going to try this when I get home.

Dec 13, 2019 at 4:39 PM Post #17,234 of 62,297
Exciting! Going to try this when I get home.
Do you have access to the beta updater? I got it when chatting with Lypertek on their website.

They asked me not to give other access:
"And please do not public to others first, as we are worrying there are still some issues we not found. Thank you!"

Again, no doubt they have tuned the sound a bit. The default settings sounds noticable fuller!
I asked them when giving my first feedback after testing, but I haven't got an answer yet.

Edit: The BT range is definately better as well. No dropouts anywhere in my apartment where i had dropouts before.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back