Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 13, 2019 at 5:24 PM Post #17,236 of 62,114
Wow, just received my L2 Pros as a replacement for my L2 today. To my ears the hiss on the L2 is definitely louder,and I can tell a clear difference between the highs (clear crisp symbals) and bass (tighter and much less muddy) on the Pro versus non Pro version. I also find the pro version doesn't need to be as loud to get enjoyment and it also appears to be able to play at higher volumes.

There is still a low hiss on the Pro I listen for it, but I noticed listening to AMR or quiet podcasts it's much less obtrusive versus L2 at very low volumes. Maybe the hiss will always be there and this is a trade off for such a great TWS:beyersmile:

The one I got says Iteration 1 on the box and I was able to update to firmware version 1.22, so I assume this is the Ver. 3 Rev. 2 but I'm not sure.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2019 at 6:10 PM Post #17,237 of 62,114
Do you have access to the beta updater? I got it when chatting with Lypertek on their website.

They asked me not to give other access:
"And please do not public to others first, as we are worrying there are still some issues we not found. Thank you!"

Again, no doubt they have tuned the sound a bit. The default settings sounds noticable fuller!
I asked them when giving my first feedback after testing, but I haven't got an answer yet.

Edit: The BT range is definately better as well. No dropouts anywhere in my apartment where i had dropouts before.
This is very cool. It's going to take a lot to get me to throw down $90 for them. How do they compare now to the FIIL T1X's low end? Can you compare them with the new settings to some of your other TWS'? Eq'd APPs, XM3, Nuarl's, L2pro? anything that's in a similar price range, maybe?

Dec 13, 2019 at 6:45 PM Post #17,239 of 62,114
This is very cool. It's going to take a lot to get me to throw down $90 for them. How do they compare now to the FIIL T1X's low end? Can you compare them with the new settings to some of your other TWS'? Eq'd APPs, XM3, Nuarl's, L2pro? anything that's in a similar price range, maybe?
Eq'd APP? Does the Airpods Pro have a designated EQ I don't know about? Not just the "rotten" presets under Settings-Music? I use Apple Music, and I have a 4 month free sub with Tidal HIFI, but neither have a built-in EQ as for ex. Spotify.

Other than the APP, I just have the QCY T1C, Tronsmart Spunky Beats and a broken set of Anbes 359 (the originals). SSK BT03 on the way.

The Tevis sound way fuller than the APP now. That's for sure.
They are still as detailed, but without a doubt with more deep- and midbass. The Infected Mushroom - Avratz I posted a little while back, sounds incredible. (listening to it now) Bass is deeep, and the attack in the snare drum at 6:40 is amazing. Never heard it better. (with any bt-headset that is)

Please don't use $90 because of my "review" :)
I think my fit is much better than most with the form factor of the Tevis. I actually thought they had enough bass as they were (with Spinfit CP360) But, again... no doubt, they are noticable "bassier" now.

Also looking forward to what #tma6 is saying, if he have the chance to update.

Dec 13, 2019 at 7:07 PM Post #17,240 of 62,114
Will def do a comparison btw the updated Tevis and a bunch of the stuff I have on hand once I get the chance to update :)

Dec 13, 2019 at 7:09 PM Post #17,241 of 62,114
Will def do a comparison btw the updated Tevis and a bunch of the stuff I have on hand once I get the chance to update :)
I actually tested now (with default settings on both), The Tevis and my Sony WH-1000XM3 (over ear.)
The Tevis are equal to the Sonys when it comes to bass, but the Tevis sound a bit more open in the mids and highs. So no doubt, Lypertek has done some tuning...

Edit:
The Sonys connected to my Android box, Tidal Hifi and LDAC codec.
The Tevis connected my iPhone, Tidal Hifi and AAC codec.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2019 at 7:21 PM Post #17,242 of 62,114
Eq'd APP? Does the Airpods Pro have a designated EQ I don't know about? Not just the "rotten" presets under Settings-Music? I use Apple Music, and I have a 4 month free sub with Tidal HIFI, but neither have a built-in EQ as for ex. Spotify.

Other than the APP, I just have the QCY T1C, Tronsmart Spunky Beats and a broken set of Anbes 359 (the originals). SSK BT03 on the way.

The Tevis sound way fuller than the APP now. That's for sure.
They are still as detailed, but without a doubt with more deep- and midbass. The Infected Mushroom - Avratz I posted a little while back, sounds incredible. (listening to it now) Bass is deeep, and the attack in the snare drum at 6:40 is amazing. Never heard it better. (with any bt-headset that is)

Please don't use $90 because of my "review" :)
I think my fit is much better than most with the form factor of the Tevis. I actually thought they had enough bass as they were (with Spinfit CP360) But, again... no doubt, they are noticable "bassier" now.

Also looking forward to what #tma6 is saying, if he have the chance to update.
The spotify EQ works wonders for the APPs. I'll bet you'd like the Nuarl NT01A, I just got them and they are fantastic. $108 on amazon.us

Dec 13, 2019 at 7:29 PM Post #17,243 of 62,114
I actually tested now (with default settings on both), The Tevis and my Sony WH-1000XM3 (over ear.)
The Tevis are equal to the Sonys when it comes to bass, but the Tevis sound a bit more open in the mids and highs. So no doubt, Lypertek has done some tuning...

Edit:
Hmm.. I've never heard the OE XM3, wife won't let me open it until Christmas, but unless they are really lacking bass, I have a hard time believing that a 6mm driver puts out the same amount of bass as a 40mm driver, but hey, stranger things have happened.

Dec 13, 2019 at 8:11 PM Post #17,244 of 62,114
How many of you have the MW07 Go? I have read here that they sound just like the main MW07s, and boy, do I miss that sound. The regular MW07s (1st iteration) right side never sat right for me. I bought 2 different ones and ended up selling them. I hear the the Go's are smaller which make me think that they just might fit me right, which would be weird if they did, I have big ears and a big head and just could not always get a good seal on the right.

Dec 13, 2019 at 8:15 PM Post #17,245 of 62,114
How many of you have the MW07 Go? I have read here that they sound just like the main MW07s, and boy, do I miss that sound. The regular MW07s (1st iteration) right side never sat right for me. I bought 2 different ones and ended up selling them. I hear the the Go's are smaller which make me think that they just might fit me right, which would be weird if they did, I have big ears and a big head and just could not always get a good seal on the right.
I had the go. I think the sound is the same. A reviewer indicated the go may have less bass due to a smaller enclosure but damned if I could tell. On fit, I actually had trouble with the go versus the regular. They didn’t stay put as well. Not entirely sure why. They are lighter.

Dec 13, 2019 at 8:21 PM Post #17,246 of 62,114
Hmm.. I've never heard the OE XM3, wife won't let me open it until Christmas, but unless they are really lacking bass, I have a hard time believing that a 6mm driver puts out the same amount of bass as a 40mm driver, but hey, stranger things have happened.

there's also the consideration of tuning, distance and seal quality when talking about bass size and intensity. (or the other frequency). a micro driver put just millimeters from the eardrums with a tight seal could match and even most of the time surpasses 40mm something headpone drivers in bass volume and intensity.
most of the bassiest earphones that i have or come across are IEMs

Dec 13, 2019 at 8:22 PM Post #17,247 of 62,114
Hard to compare over-ear and in-ear. They're just different. Over-ear XM3 has a lot of bass, especially if you push it to the max (which I never do and I love bass). The in-ear XM3, surprisingly, can push out a lot of bass, and good bass too, and is probably in the upper tier of TWS' as far as bass. The Sony eartip design also helps. If you switch out the stock Sony silicone tips, you'll likely experience a drop in bass. I'm currently running with the SpinFit 360 and they refine the sound, although I did have to increase the bass, but it sounds better overall vs. stock eartips.

In both cases, I'm satisfied with the sound and bass.

All this talk about bass...I feel like an Amazon Chi-Fi product description.

Dec 13, 2019 at 8:24 PM Post #17,248 of 62,114
My L2P were having some weird issue with volume so I reset them following the tutorial on the internet.

Once I did the app said there was a firmware update to 1.22. I am sure my pair is likely v2 but possibly v1 since I have had them a while. So not sure firmware update availability will dictate which revision you have.

I am enjoying my L2P with the update though. Not sure what's changed though.

My wife found my Galaxy Buds yesterday so I have been doing a comparison between the 2 a bit. Sound wise they are quite different with the Galaxy buds having a very AKG type signature while the L2P is much warmer while being more detailed. My initial reaction to the Galaxy buds was that they sounded more sterile but after a couple hours of use I found the L2P to sound boomy lol. So just very different signatures.

The buds are definitely more comfortable but I find the L2P comfortable enough for me.

I will be testing call quality next week.

Dec 13, 2019 at 10:29 PM Post #17,249 of 62,114

Edit:

Yo btw how did you contact Lypertek support? Can’t seem to find their email

Dec 13, 2019 at 10:49 PM Post #17,250 of 62,114

Users who are viewing this thread

Back