Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 13, 2019 at 4:55 AM Post #17,206 of 62,013
Anyone else still waiting for shipping info from Tronsmart? Tracking number has been empty for the past few weeks while my Dyplay Over-ear is almost here (not sure if Canada Post is just being slow as it appears to have cleared customs...)

I got a tracking number on the last day for 'processing' the order but no dispatch or movement until dec 10th.

I've since received 2 AE packages ordered the same day.

Dec 13, 2019 at 5:45 AM Post #17,207 of 62,013
The Bomaker came in yesterday and I've been putting it through its paces.
It's tiny and so is the case, that's a plus. I'm not sure I'd seen it mentioned it here but they come with two types of tips, the usual "bullet" types in black and flat and fin tips in clear rubber. I usually wear L size tips but with the clear M size I get a great seal if I tuck them in at the bottom of my ear, which is a bit painful in the left. The black ones in M also work and give maybe a tad more bass but they don't isolate as well and any movement of the jaw changes the sound.
The SQ is certainly all it's been cracked up to be, with a great range and a wide soundstage. I prefer them to the M5 that sound a bit dull in comparison. They remind me of the L2Ps with less sub bass and quite a bit less depth, that's what you get with an additional BA driver I suppose, and less hiss !

Talking of the L2Ps has anyone else noticed that they seem louder on the right ? With most of my earbuds I have the "slight" feeling that they're louder in the left channel with a stereo picture that is very slightly tilted to the left (not sure if it's my hearing or just an "impression") but the L2Ps are the only ones where the very slight tilt is on the right.

Dec 13, 2019 at 6:25 AM Post #17,208 of 62,013
Anyone else getting quite the background noise / old style BT 3.0 interference noise when using their TRN BT20S ???

Pretty upset about that as I thought this was an upgrade. Don't have that this my regular BT20 ...

Only way to notice is to play music, but then put the volume all the way down (connection active, but no music) ... it's pretty terrible and reminds me of very old BT headsets ...

Normal or defect?

(bought 'cheap' on 11.11, tested with several IEMs .. it's not the IEMs)

Dec 13, 2019 at 7:40 AM Post #17,209 of 62,013
Anyone else getting quite the background noise / old style BT 3.0 interference noise when using their TRN BT20S ???

Pretty upset about that as I thought this was an upgrade. Don't have that this my regular BT20 ...

Only way to notice is to play music, but then put the volume all the way down (connection active, but no music) ... it's pretty terrible and reminds me of very old BT headsets ...

Normal or defect?

(bought 'cheap' on 11.11, tested with several IEMs .. it's not the IEMs)

what IEMs did you try it with? do they have a fairly high sensitivity?

Dec 13, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #17,210 of 62,013
I've been spending a lot of time in headphone shops lately trying out various TWs.

Today was Sennheiser Momentum TW vs. MW07 Plus.

I had previously tried the Sennheisers a couple of times and not enjoyed the sound, but decided to give them another go since the shop took a while to dig out the MW07 demo model.

I put them in and yep, sounded pretty bad. Then I thought, hmm, I wonder if there's an app for these. I installed it, went to Equalizer, and saw that it was cranked all the up to the right on treble! Changed it to something closer to what I like and wow! Those things actually sounded great. What I realized is that the EQ gets saved to the buds themselves, and so every time I'd tried them previously I was listening to the EQ of the last person to mess with it.

What's really fantastic about that for me is I want to use wireless buds with my Garmin sports watch, which does not have any kind of EQ of its own. I can actually be listening through my watch and adjust the MTW EQ with my phone at the same time. Awesome!

Using my own tips the fit was very solid. Aptx low latency works as advertised, with only a barely perceptible delay in VLC (Android) compared to unusable lag with every other TW I've tried.

The MW07 plus (or more likely Go) has been sitting at the top of my contender list for a while. They fit me great, have the best controls (volume rocker on left bud, multi function on right), sound great, and have a cool design as well as great battery life. However after listening to it against the Sennheiser I think I like the MTW better. Has deeper sub-bass which I love, and the MW07 sounds just a bit harsher to me. Lack of an app for EQ is also a bit of a bummer given my desired use case.

Unfortunately the Sennheisers don't seem like a good buy right now with only 3ish- hour battery life and no IPX rating that I'm aware of. Also heard stories of the case not holding a charge which would be awful. Seems like they'll be releasing an updated model sometime in 2020 so I think it makes sense to wait and see what that's like.

Was impressed by the 1More Stylish the other day as well. Smooth sound with nice low bass and solid fit. Problems were the controls were a bit haywire with my watch, and my ears started to feel a bit sore/irritated after a half hour or so.

One function I realized I want to have is the ability to power off the buds (ideally individually) without having to put them in the case since I'll want to go out and about without lugging it around, and sometimes I just want one of them in when listening to podcasts.

Dec 13, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #17,211 of 62,013
One thing that L2P taught me to appreciate is Qi. So, guys, need your advise. Looking for a cheapish "travel" TWS:
  • < $100
  • Decent SQ (a-la T5 or 359)
  • Decent call quality
  • 4+ hour battery
  • BT5
  • Qi
  • USB-C
  • Volume controls
  • Pocketable case
Any such beast exists?

That kind of sounds like the Fiil T1X, though I don’t know what Qi is.

Dec 13, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #17,214 of 62,013
Talking of the L2Ps has anyone else noticed that they seem louder on the right ? With most of my earbuds I have the "slight" feeling that they're louder in the left channel with a stereo picture that is very slightly tilted to the left (not sure if it's my hearing or just an "impression") but the L2Ps are the only ones where the very slight tilt is on the right.
Yes, I did notice that. Very slight though. On my DAP, I adjust channel balance just one notch to the left to correct it.

Dec 13, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #17,216 of 62,013
I ordered the Fiil T1X at Amazon today...$40. It’s worth a shot for the gym.

Good choice. Def find the controls weird, but sound is great and they’re good for working out.

Dec 13, 2019 at 11:12 AM Post #17,217 of 62,013
Just FYI I reached out as well and Tranya offered to refund my purchase after reviewing. Bought on Amazon but won't be here until next Tues. Thanks for the tip!

But I also have a pair coming from pre-ordering directly from Tranya. Will either return those or sell to someone on this thread who would want to try them at a deep discount from $80.
I don't know if you saw my post earlier this week, but Tranya is re-tuning the Rimor and the new version will be ready at the end of December. Ida is sending me another pair. I'm assuming that a lot of the tester feedback they got wasn't positive. (shrug)

Dec 13, 2019 at 11:14 AM Post #17,218 of 62,013
Good choice. Def find the controls weird, but sound is great and they’re good for working out.
You know what though? the more I use them the more intuitive I think they are. I often keep earbuds in my pocket and with touch sensors they are always turning on or playing etc. having to press twice to play is genius and who does want to tap once to turn the volume up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back