Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 6, 2019 at 6:15 PM Post #16,892 of 62,458
I'm seeing a $40 discount right now, both on soundcore.com as well as on Amazon.
Sorry I was referring to Amazon.ca. we never got any of the bigger discounts and soundcore.com doesn't ship to Canada.

Dec 6, 2019 at 6:31 PM Post #16,897 of 62,458
Well, I do like these (LP2s) but still think my Sony, Sennheiser and Beats are better sounding. I do think with some eq it could be great. I do prefer the sound of the LP2S a lot more than my Jabra Elite Active. I may have to sell those to justify keeping these.
If anyone wants to buy a hardly used Jabra Elite Active 65t with a 2 year best buy warranty DM me.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2019 at 6:32 PM Post #16,898 of 62,458
Well I basically got an ad from a product I just viewed (an MPOW TWS) claiming cashback. The FB page claimed to be officially Seneo (a sub-brand of MPOW) but didn't have anything indicating it was official.

Since you mentioned tips, do you mean E12 or X12?
I was able to try my friend's copper E12 Ultra today and it didn't have the same sound defects I had experienced on my blue camo. If anything it was slightly the opposite - the left bud being more bassy and the right one being slightly brighter, but overall it was far more balanced than mine. With foam padding in the nozzle I was able to get mine to sound more balanced albeit somewhat subdued overall - I suspect the left driver is how it was supposed to sound, with the mids being more peaked. The highs don't seem rolled off much to me, but the detail retrieval could be better (I'd say only average at best). In some ways it reminds me of the ATH-M50 back in the day being the jack of all trades and master of none.

Also, is it just me or are more sellers steering away from epacket? For example, how long did it take for Tronsmart devices to arrive in the US or Canada and did you get tracking in the destination country?

Sorry, it was the E12U. I hated the way the sounded, super veiled and plain. Maybe mine were defective. I got the gun metal. Even some of the crappy TWS' I test from amazon sounded better. As for epacket, i'm not sure. I ordered the Tronsmarts last week i think, didn't pay attention to how it's coming.

Dec 6, 2019 at 6:51 PM Post #16,899 of 62,458
Really enjoyed this one thx for sharing. In terms of soundstage, nothing beats the MW07 of the TWE's I've tried (though a close second might be Bose SSF).

Back on direct topic, just got this one in:
https://www.amazon.com/X-mini-Liberty-True-Wireless-Earbuds/dp/B07XBJMJK7

Had a very quick listen and thus far it reminds me (based on memory) a lot of the Mpow T5 (original version before the connectivity fix) with perhaps a slightly recessed upper mid/lower treb (1-2k). Burning them in and will report back on how they fare later.
Nice. I was wondering if those were basically a MPOW T5 re-brand and it sounds like they may be close to that.

Dec 6, 2019 at 7:02 PM Post #16,901 of 62,458
Enough proof to believe his hearing is fd up
A major, major, major warning sign is when someone complains they don't get "loud enough" AND is reviewing for SQ. I can't even imagine a situation where the loudest setting on any TWS I have is not loud enough for anyone with normal hearing, even compensating for age. Not sure I want to take SQ advice from someone with moderate hearing loss.

That being said, his reviews are entertaining, so yes, I do subscribe to his channel. :xf_eek:

Dec 6, 2019 at 7:22 PM Post #16,902 of 62,458
Did he ever follow up on his fake-fake APPs?

Dec 6, 2019 at 7:37 PM Post #16,903 of 62,458
Did he ever follow up on his fake-fake APPs?
No. That video also went private. May have been a real pair to rip people off, so he took it off public.

This guy has a good review and it looks like the fakes aren't as good.

Dec 6, 2019 at 7:54 PM Post #16,904 of 62,458
Sorry, it was the E12U. I hated the way the sounded, super veiled and plain. Maybe mine were defective. I got the gun metal. Even some of the crappy TWS' I test from amazon sounded better. As for epacket, i'm not sure. I ordered the Tronsmarts last week i think, didn't pay attention to how it's coming.

nope, i think you got the right one, it is one of the most disappointing TWS purchase ever, mainly because of the high hopes i put in it

Dec 6, 2019 at 7:59 PM Post #16,905 of 62,458
Yeah tey
No. That video also went private. May have been a real pair to rip people off, so he took it off public.

This guy has a good review and it looks like the fakes aren't as good.

Thanks, yes that's more like what you'd expect. As for Flossy either he got confused in his video with multiple media loaners or he did get "tricked", either way he's probably right to try to sweep that video under the carpet :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back