Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 6, 2019 at 9:07 PM Post #16,906 of 62,440
Anyone trying the Dyplay TWS?
https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Earbuds-Bluetooth-Headphones-dyplay/dp/B07XQ3CPG6

It's also on Amazon.ca for 80$... I also see the Urban Traveller 2 over-ear listed (they told me it would be released in early December but I already purchased it on Black Friday).

Sorry, it was the E12U. I hated the way the sounded, super veiled and plain. Maybe mine were defective. I got the gun metal. Even some of the crappy TWS' I test from amazon sounded better. As for epacket, i'm not sure. I ordered the Tronsmarts last week i think, didn't pay attention to how it's coming.
Well I'm not surprised if it's not defective, but I preferred it to the shallow, hollowed mid sound of the original. As for Tronsmart, they waited nearly 5 days until the last 12 hours or so to finally ship my Onyx Neo - they didn't even respond to my question whether Onyx Neo or Spunky Beat was the upper-tier product. They're using UBI rather than "Aliexpress Standard Shipping". Some people say UBI is almost like ePacket but it seems sellers don't always clearly list it.

Dec 6, 2019 at 10:39 PM Post #16,907 of 62,440
Also curious about the Bomaker SiFi, but I will not be within amazon reach until summer, by then they are obsolete :D

listening to SiFi right now (received 2 days ago) and they are a good overall package with a nice pocketable small case. might be a bit nicer sounding than MPOW T5/M5 (don't have them to A/B right now) but I guess a little bit more burn in would improve the SiFi further

But I would not buy them again simply because one always wants better sound quality with each upgrade. They are anyway for my sister ^^

PS: I have still not received my pair of those. anyone else who ordered them ?

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/koeMVEHOb
https://mobilephonegift.com/product/mpg-bqc35-anc-tws-earbuds-active-noise-cancelling/

Dec 7, 2019 at 12:19 AM Post #16,909 of 62,440
No. That video also went private. May have been a real pair to rip people off, so he took it off public.

This guy has a good review and it looks like the fakes aren't as good.

Curious what you’re full thoughts on the APP sound are after using them for a bit. I thought they were underwhelming overall in the bass and treble, though great w mids :)

Dec 7, 2019 at 1:37 AM Post #16,910 of 62,440
Curious what you’re full thoughts on the APP sound are after using them for a bit. I thought they were underwhelming overall in the bass and treble, though great w mids :)
They've grown on me. They have an engaging mid range and even though the bass is a little soft, I kind of like it now, while I don't perceive the highs as scratchy on my second set. The iOS integration is great and phone calls are the best you can get from a TWS. I also got it for $60 less due to some unexpected Apple Store gift cards.

Dec 7, 2019 at 6:50 AM Post #16,913 of 62,440
They've grown on me. They have an engaging mid range and even though the bass is a little soft, I kind of like it now, while I don't perceive the highs as scratchy on my second set. The iOS integration is great and phone calls are the best you can get from a TWS. I also got it for $60 less due to some unexpected Apple Store gift cards.

I just got my APP and honestly I think I will be using them a lot. When I want to LISTEN to music I put on my wired IEMs or use my stereo setups at home. These are for on the move with call quality priming above all. And my Qobuz playlists don't sound that bad either.

Dec 7, 2019 at 7:12 AM Post #16,914 of 62,440
No. That video also went private. May have been a real pair to rip people off, so he took it off public.

This guy has a good review and it looks like the fakes aren't as good.

Lol, 80$ for ‘70% of the sound / no bass / no ANC’ and no transparent mode either, soooo, purely for posing I guess ...

might tickle my fancy some day as a back up when they come in matte black, improved the sound and dropped to 20$ :wink: the fit of this design is awesome

Dec 7, 2019 at 10:40 AM Post #16,915 of 62,440
Hello, does anyone has Liberty 2 Pro? Do you notice really loud hissing/white noise? Is there's any way to fix it? For now it's totally unlistanable, seems like I gonna return it the same day I received it.
You might want to search this thread - there are probably hundreds of posts about this. It sounds like you might have received the first version, which had bad hiss. I have the second version and it's barely noticeable, but Anker is working on a third version (2nd revision) to address hissing issues. I'm not sure if I'm going to pursue replacement or not.

Dec 7, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #16,917 of 62,440
Repurchased the Sony’s to compare to the APP. I should have learned my lesson the first time. The fit is a disaster at least for me. They are heavy so when moving around the weight slowly causes them to turn down. Fit is subjective of course so maybe they work for others. The sound seems overly processed or something. Can’t quite put my finger on it. While they sound full and dynamic, I don’t really enjoy it. I do think the ANC is better than the APP. They completely knocked the gym fan out where the APP did not. Not sure they serve any use case for me because if I have to be sitting still to use them I’ll just use wired IEMs. They’ve gotten a lot of praise from reviewers but the ergonomics are a deal breaker. I hope Sony can repackage them in a smaller perhaps gym friendly form factor.

I would almost always select the buds that sound better over just about anything, but in this circumstance I think the APP wins. in some ways, i prefer the sound on the APP.

I’ll give them another shot over the weekend but I’m guessing these are going to the sale forums or eBay.

Dec 7, 2019 at 11:07 AM Post #16,918 of 62,440
Repurchased the Sony’s to compare to the APP. I should have learned my lesson the first time. The fit is a disaster at least for me. They are heavy so when moving around the weight slowly causes them to turn down. Fit is subjective of course so maybe they work for others. The sound seems overly processed or something. Can’t quite put my finger on it. While they sound full and dynamic, I don’t really enjoy it. I do think the ANC is better than the APP. They completely knocked the gym fan out where the APP did not. Not sure they serve any use case for me because if I have to be sitting still to use them I’ll just use wired IEMs. They’ve gotten a lot of praise from reviewers but the ergonomics are a deal breaker. I hope Sony can repackage them in a smaller perhaps gym friendly form factor.

I would almost always select the buds that sound better over just about anything, but in this circumstance I think the APP wins. in some ways, i prefer the sound on the APP.

I’ll give them another shot over the weekend but I’m guessing these are going to the sale forums or eBay.

call me crazy, but i kinda prefer the sound of the older wf-1000x to the new one, except for the really top end treble (the older one seemed to be a bit rolled off at the very top)

but overall, with the -5 bass reduction, this XM3 as a whole package is a satisfying buy. i do a bit curious how the APP sound. seeing that I'm more of a mid and treble guy, the APP might surprisingly turns out more of my style

Dec 7, 2019 at 12:39 PM Post #16,919 of 62,440
I'm still enjoying the L2PS, not sure if I'm getting accustomed to there sound sign but I'm enjoying them a lot. People posted fit issues with the left side where mine is the right side but it's not to bad with the wings off. Right now I have the stock large tips and eq on rock, listening to some Korn!

Dec 7, 2019 at 12:54 PM Post #16,920 of 62,440

I got mine for $160 so overall I really like them for their functionality and I agree it's not my favorite sound, the fit is very nice with the right tip. I use the L2pro tips and the Mpow M5 tips, they work fantastically. but I personally prefer the T1x over them. Sony hasn't seemed to work out how to get the controls right, nor have they figured out how to give us a full parametric Eq. Even with the new firmware, the connection to the app has issues and I'm always waiting for it to re-connect when I go back in to the app. I love bass, but I prefer sub-bass and punch and sony's bass feels un-natural and round, I'll never understand why I can only EQ mids and highs and I have some idiotic bass slider bar in place of 3-5 other frequency adjustments. No matter what I try eq wise, they just aren't very exciting. However, I love the ANC and ambient noise modes and if I use JVC spiral dots on them the low/mid bass is sig. reduced and the overall mids sound better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back