1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?

1. Daniel Gur
    charging case mostly, its looks very cheaply made. Also have a bit of a problem with the FIIl logo covering the earphones.

2. ukbiker
    For those of you in the UK, there is a sale on the Soundcore Liberty 2's at £69 on amazon.co.uk (with £20 voucher off)
    I bought these and received them but unfortunately they also have the dreaded 'hiss'. I contacted Anker so let's see.
    Have any of you received the L2P Pros or these without hiss, as a replacement from Anker?
    Still these have amazing sound at higher volumes but lower volumes and audiobooks it's very noticable to my ears

3. Caipirina
    So so so much talk about the Soundcore Liberty 2 that I really start getting curious ... well, no easy sources for me, so I am safe :)
    For those interested, the current deal on amazon.de is 150€ and then apply 25% off coupon ...

4. Caipirina
    Eff Me! ANOTHER sale ALREADY?

I told wife that 11.11. was the last day (then Black Friday happened) ... so, what is this witchcraft???

anothersale.jpg

bronco1015, actorlife and chinmie like this.
  5. webvan
    Did you get it as a replacement with Anker stating it was the THIRD version ?
    I wonder if that 1.17 firmware would help v2 owners too....
    Quick attempt at a recap :
    v1 : stuck at 1.09
    v2 : stuck at 1.15
    v3 : shipped with 1.17

ukbiker likes this.
  6. voicemaster
    Isn't that like 99% of tws have their logo covering the earphones? Haha. For the charging case, it only look cheap, but it is solid. Now tranya b530 case on the other hand...

7. Timastyle
    Got the T1X last night and am enjoying it so far, but on Android, the app says the T1X controls aren't available for this app. Anyone else have issues on Android?

8. voicemaster
    Yes its not supported yet on android unfortunately

Timastyle likes this.
  9. Timastyle
    Thanks! I do really enjoy the sound as is though. Only thing is the comfort level for my funky shaped ears. Unlike the SSK shape, the boxy shape of these puts pressure around my ear canal that's causing some discomfort.

10. Quicky32

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  11. ngd3
    I think your recap is probably right

They didn't confirm a 3rd version, just "newer" version. The box serial number label also calls out "Iteration 1" so maybe that's what the newest version will have to confirm. Hopeful that the second version can fix the hissing with the newest fw too

ukbiker likes this.
  12. cacio
  13. go0gle
    I just got 1.22 firmware on my LP2.

I am still using my pre-order unit since the v2 or whatever didn't sound all that different

D3soLaT3 and howdy like this.
  14. turbobb
    I believe they are yet another re-brand now having spent more time with them, however there are still some flaky connectivity issues, albeit not as bad as v1 of the T5's. At this price, just not worth it.

TBH, even at this price, it'd be hard to justify them over the revised T5 (M5?) or equivalent re-brands. The large case (while nicely finished in aluminum) is very bulky and I'm not at all enamored with the way the buds go into the case side ways (with the case laid flat) as opposed to sitting directly on the contacts with pressure applied from the top via the case lid. I suppose if you stood them up like a pack of cards then gravity can help do its share but when moving the case (with the buds in them) a slight bump would cause the case's battery to flash (indicating it jarred the buds loose and temporarily lost connectivity w/the charging contacts).

Also go this one as I'm currently on a hunt for a budget pair of IPX7/8 TWS w/phyiscal buttons as opposed to touch controls:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07ZM9GL1M/
    Do not even bother with these, there's a constant hiss and the SQ is quite poor (uses SBC but with what I have to assume is a low bit rate) and there are connectivity issues. Granted they were cheap (got them for $24 w/$6 coupon) but again just not worth it at all.

Last but not least, also got the much discussed Bomaker Sifi's which are quite nice - the sound profile reminds me a bit of Sony's MDR 100AAP but with probably slightly more bass. These are worthwhile especially with the current $15 discount.

hifi80sman likes this.
  15. Pete7874
    Mine is still stuck at 1.15.