Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 4, 2019 at 8:01 PM Post #16,726 of 62,400
Here are my overall favs right now. Keep in mind that The only TWS' that I EQ are ones that have apps. L2pro, XM3's and the FIIL.

1. Sony WF-1000xm3
2. Liberty 2 Pro
3. SSK BT-03
3. Anbes 359
3. Earfun Free
4. Fiil T1x
5. Tranya BT530
6. MW07
7. Lystar J29
8. Tranya T3
8. MPOW M5
9. Chisana C1L
10. 1More Stylish (with some EQing of the highs) could be ranked higher.
10. Apanage T20

Honorable Mentions QCY T1S, it's been a while since I listened to them and some I didnt' keep. Tevi, Bomaker Sifi, Backbay Duet 50, Kanoe, Tranya T1.
One of few reviewers I trust!! An audiophile musician who knows how instruments sound like. Esp drums. :) Thank you!!

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2019 at 8:13 PM Post #16,727 of 62,400
can anyone give links to ssk bt-03 (cant find link atm work) or anbes 369 (sold out )there was another clone but I dont remember the name of it can anyone mention me I cant search the thread it was mentioned
Sold out in Aliexpress, was still there yesterday...

Dec 4, 2019 at 8:40 PM Post #16,728 of 62,400
Thanks for the feedback, mine are still pretty new, but i've also noticed some connection issues if I have other TWS' paired to my phone. They don't like to resume playing until I put them back in the case and power them back on. I also noticed that when I take them out the stop, but then start playing again and when I put them back in the won't always play until I push them closer to my ears. maybe it's a sensor thing. I also need some longer tips for mine as I don't like the way the stock ones make the mids sound thin. I too am hoping with some burn in they will sound better. I've only put about 4 hours on them.

The new Plus version and the original MW07 have proximity sensors which stop and play the music automatically. Those sensors drive me crazy and was one of the main reasons I got the Go instead (and also don't really need ANC). Others seem to like the feature. If they had an option to disable the sensors I probably would have gotten the Plus instead. Some other companies provide an app that, among other things, allows you to disable the sensors (like Sennheiser for example) but M&D does not.

Dec 4, 2019 at 9:20 PM Post #16,729 of 62,400
Accidentally bought the LP2s Sunday and paid full retail of 160. I have not received any email from them regarding shipping or anything. I will send them back as I don't wait to pay full price when you can generally get 40 bucks off.

Just a heads up I bought my L2P late last week and contacted Anker through Amazon yesterday about the sale price. They gave me a refund for the difference without having to send them back. Amazon customer support was useless, but Anker came through big time.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2019 at 9:48 PM Post #16,730 of 62,400
Just a heads up I bought my L2P late last week and contacted Anker through Amazon yesterday about the sale price. They gave me a refund for the difference without having to send them back. Amazon customer support was useless, but Anker came through big time.
I emailed them today asking them to refund the difference, we'll see.

Dec 4, 2019 at 9:58 PM Post #16,731 of 62,400
So I just got myself a pair of Aviot TE-BD21f-pnk. I've been intrigued by news of the first hybrid driver true wireless (I dynamic 2 armatures) when I heard of them, and when I saw a friend of mine was in Tokyo, I got her to grab a pair for me. They were out of stock of the original TE-BD21f, but had a limited edition TE-BD21f-pnk, which was apparently "specially tuned" by Pierre Nakano, a drummer with a Japanese rock band (?). From what I understand through Google Translate, these ones are more warm sounding than the originals. Cost 18,900 yen after tax rebate, also more expensive than the originals.

So got the phones on Tuesday. Looks ok, came with an extra case (looks like the Shure 500 case) that you can store the charging case and wire. The charging case is plastic on the side, and a lookalike metal top. Also in the case were normal silicone tips, and also specially designed Spinfit tips in various sizes. There is also a strap that you can hook the earpieces to, like bifocals.

Insertion is straight in, slight twist to get a good seal. I used a pair of medium spinfits.

So, please take this "review' with a pinch of salt, as I'm not an audiophile. From reading Japanese reviews you need a burn in of 36- 40 hours. Out of the box, they reminded me of the old Etymotic 4Ps, very clinical, some bass. About 7 hours in, the bass is more pronounced but still not to the level of my Senn MTW.

I listened to Hotel California as a reference (Remastered, Spotify, aptX). Could hear instruments clearly, especially drums, cymbals etc. Bass was present but not thumping. Highs and mids were very clear. Compared to the Senn MTW (standard silicon tips) which is my normal go-tos, there was a lot more clarity in the separation of instruments. The Senns sound like a concert/ radio whereas these sounded cinical(?), like in a studio. Not saying the Senns are muddied but Aviot's highs and mids a lot more pronounced than the Senns, and bass was less. The Senns had more bass. I'm hoping the bass will get better with more burn in. The Senn was also louder.

There is no app so any equalization will be through your player, so I'm assuming no updates of any kind. Comes with the bluetooth 5 and a listening time of 7 hours, although I have not tested that yet.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2019 at 10:19 PM Post #16,732 of 62,400
Whooooh!

N6 Pro is soon, and boy does this look like it's my tea. https://nuarl.com/en/n6/

Even the middle navigation bar on their site has me salivating: (also, note the comment about NOT staying on in the case a la MTW) lol
upload_2019-12-4_19-17-31.png

In fact, I swear Nuarl is on this thread - or reading my mind - look at what they say about button placement:
upload_2019-12-4_19-18-54.png

gah, I'm excited!

Dec 4, 2019 at 10:31 PM Post #16,733 of 62,400
Whooooh!

N6 Pro is soon, and boy does this look like it's my tea. https://nuarl.com/en/n6/

Even the middle navigation bar on their site has me salivating: (also, note the comment about NOT staying on in the case a la MTW) lol

In fact, I swear Nuarl is on this thread - or reading my mind - look at what they say about button placement:

gah, I'm excited!

these look dope! Wondering what the difference is btw the n6 and n6 pros besides just the included spinfit tips

Dec 4, 2019 at 10:38 PM Post #16,734 of 62,400
Whooooh!

gah, I'm excited!

They looked nice, something to dream of until my budget is back on track..

Dec 4, 2019 at 11:27 PM Post #16,735 of 62,400
Whooooh!

gah, I'm excited!
Ok, Those look amazing. do you have the NT01AX? They are only $89 on amazon right now. That's $25 more than i paid for the Sabbat X12 Ultra and I was not a fan, so they are going back. may pick up the NT01AX instead.

OH and Look!! One of the screenshots shows the N6 box. $600 wow.

upload_2019-12-4_21-27-36.png

Dec 4, 2019 at 11:31 PM Post #16,736 of 62,400
my Wf-1000xm3 just arrived this morning, and I've been testing it for a while. initial impressions are good (apart from the clingy and pushy google assistant :laughing:)

sound is full, rounded, and pleasant. i don't hear any glaring negatives. i do however set the bass boost at a lower -1 or - 2, because it's just my preference bass amount. I'd say it's on the same level of SQ as the Galaxy Buds, with the difference that the sony is more relaxed and pleasant, while the G buds is more aggressive on the mid treble section and more exciting in initial listening.

buttons are a bit fiddly.. this is typical example why i don't like touch controls. i prefer like the galaxy buds that would turn off the sensor when it's not on the ear to eliminate accidental button touches. i also like to use the button with my whole palm instead of just my finger.. i find that it's more accurate.

size of the case is a bit problematic compared to my other TWS.. and i might be more hesitant to just pocket the earpieces like i usually do with my cheaper TWSs.

ANC is good with youtube noise samples. tomorrow I'm going to test it on a 5 hour train trip to see how it really perform in real life scenario.
i ended up just setting the ANC on all the time and use the left button for volume controls instead.

so is it a great product? I'd say yes, though for me personally when factoring price, size, function, sound, etc, i might prefer the Galaxy Buds instead as a better buy.

now does anyone here have compare the ANC of the Wf-1000xm3 to headphones or other ANC IEMs like Bose, etc?

Dec 5, 2019 at 12:22 AM Post #16,738 of 62,400
these look dope! Wondering what the difference is btw the n6 and n6 pros besides just the included spinfit tips

upload_2019-12-4_21-18-51.png

The two have different drivers/driver revisions.
upload_2019-12-4_21-19-22.png

They looked nice, something to dream of until my budget is back on track..

Ok, Those look amazing. do you have the NT01AX? They are only $89 on amazon right now. That's $25 more than i paid for the Sabbat X12 Ultra and I was not a fan, so they are going back. may pick up the NT01AX instead.

OH and Look!! One of the screenshots shows the N6 box. $600 wow.

Don't worry squad... I think they're supposed to actually be somewhere around $200 - they're going for 19,800 Yen or $182.48 in Japan. It appears that there are some gouging listings on Amazon (for these and the Mavin's) - we just have to wait for Nuarl's official store to be selling them directly on Amazon. :grin:

Dec 5, 2019 at 12:24 AM Post #16,739 of 62,400
Nice impressions. What do you think of the lack of on board volume controls?

There is an on board volume controls, but the catch is i have to assign it to either buttons (can be left or right) but i have to give up the ambient toggle function. Because i would pretty much use the ANC on all the time and would just pull the earpiece out for ambient/conversation, i rather loose that and have volume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back