Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 27, 2019 at 3:27 PM Post #16,217 of 62,300
Thank you for your reply.
I think the idea of "universal good sound" may not hold.
For example - To me, I was so impressed with the MPOW M5. I prefer it to the much expensive Bose 700 by a small margin.
In fact I prefer the MPOW M5 to the entire speaker list that have in signature.
I find it thick, tonally accurate, textured and engaging.
But to you it's cheap sounding and unclear and bad even for $50.

Our sonic preferences are different :)

I don't doubt everyone hears things differently. But there is a common ground and some people like brighter and some like thicker lower end but at the end things simply sound good or bad with a different sound signature. The offerings that I tested for TW were seriously underwhelming... I could not find what made them 'good' for multiple reviewers that praised them. I am very spoiled by full size headphones and IEMs that I have or had in a past in terms of my expectations, but come on... If these things are bad they are bad. If Jlab from BestBuy sounds way more coherent that a few I tested based on reviews...

Nov 27, 2019 at 3:30 PM Post #16,218 of 62,300
How true it is that we all hear so differently. Case in point...I just received the L2P and I DO NOT like how they sound. They are shrill and harsh. I even used the treble reducer EQ and it's still piercing. I do not like sibilance at all. I immediately want to just use my $20 SSK's instead.

I was ready to jump on the sale bandwagon but then between the lines of the few people that got them I noticed exactly what you just described. Harsh treble. Someone even here or youtube said "piercing" praising them. I immediately knew they were not for me.

Nov 27, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #16,219 of 62,300
I favor the Comply Smartcore Audio Pro foam tips with the L2P. I don't even use the wings, they bother me, and get a great, stable seal. Of course, you have to roll them up and let them expand, but I also think they improve the sound. Not cheap, $22 for 3 pair. But worth it to me.

Same for me! Thank you mentioning those

Nov 27, 2019 at 3:56 PM Post #16,220 of 62,300
So I just lost the etui to my qcy's q2s and i'm looking to buy a new pair of wireless iems.
Can you folks recommend any upgrade over them with a reasonable price or should I just go for the same pair as I was quite happy with them? I saw the QCY's T5 - are these an upgrade?
Thanks

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2019 at 5:16 PM Post #16,222 of 62,300
I got my MW07's today. These things are beautiful and well made and for $150 it was hard to pass up. I'm probably going to get a lot of crap for this, but when do they start sounding better than the L2pro? :yum: I a/b tested both of them and there's no doubt the MW07 sounds really nice in all aspects, but the high end mids and resolution is not quite as good as the Knowles BA in the L2pro and the bass of the L2pro just smokes the MW07. Like I said they are a really nice TWS, but seemly very v-shaped. Do they require a break-in period? I even compared them to the SSK and the Fiil T1x. the SSK is just all around awesome, but sounds a little veiled after listening to these other TWS's with such excellent highs Then I did the a/b with the MW07 and the Tranya B530 and i'll be damned if the B530 isn't nearly identical, the mids are a tiny bit higher and it has a little more bass. The T1x lacks low end and it borderlines to thin for me, while the MW07 is well rounded a little empty in the mids. Thoughts?

edit: The connection to my laptop is excellent and i'm streaming Aptx@384kbps. I was also streaming AAC @ 320. Aptx Def. sound more full and gives me more volume. The MW07 sounds a little more refined than the B530, but the B530 only supports AAC, SBC, so we'll never know.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2019 at 5:34 PM Post #16,224 of 62,300
I got my MW07's today. These things are beautiful and well made and for $150 it was hard to pass up. I'm probably going to get a lot of crap for this, but when do they start sounding better than the L2pro? :yum: I a/b tested both of them and there's no doubt the MW07 sounds really nice in all aspects, but the high end mids and resolution is not quite as good as the Knowles BA in the L2pro and the bass of the L2pro just smokes the MW07. Like I said they are a really nice TWS, but seemly very v-shaped. Do they require a break-in period? I even compared them to the SSK and the Fiil T1x. the SSK is just all around awesome, but sounds a little veiled after listening to these other TWS's with such excellent highs Then I did the a/b with the MW07 and the Tranya B530 and i'll be damned if the B530 isn't nearly identical, the mids are a tiny bit higher and it has a little more bass. The T1x lacks low end and it borderlines to thin for me, while the MW07 is well rounded a little empty in the mids. Thoughts?
I have the MW07 Go and the the LP2 pro and and I think that it depends on your preferred sound signature. I find that I need to reduce the bass on the LP2 Prod to enjoy them (using the flat or bass reducer setting in the app) versus the MW07 Go default setting. No right or wrong but just personal perference. :ksc75smile:

Nov 27, 2019 at 5:42 PM Post #16,225 of 62,300
I have the MW07 Go and the the LP2 pro and and I think that it depends on your preferred sound signature. I find that I need to reduce the bass on the LP2 Prod to enjoy them (using the flat or bass reducer setting in the app) versus the MW07 Go default setting. No right or wrong but just personal perference. :ksc75smile:
Oh yes, I def. use the Piano or Acoustic setting with the L2pro, oddly enough the signature sound profile sounds pretty close to the MW07 as far as the highs and mids are concerned. I'm using the 2nd iteration of the L2pro, the 1st has even more bass. I have noticed another difference between it and the B530, while I prefer the sound of the B530 it's not quite as v-shaped and has a little more sub-bass, the very top end of the MW07 like in high-hats and symbals sound really amazing, which leads me to believe the B530 is rolled off just a touch and i'm sure the MW07's beryllium driver is probably a better quality component etc. The MW07 still sounds better than 90% of everything I've heard, i'm just hoping with some time they will break in and sound more full, i need a little more mid-range. I can't justify $150 when the L2pro's sound so much better to me and the B530's are so similar.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2019 at 5:55 PM Post #16,227 of 62,300
Wow, reading this couple of pages are really interesting. It shows how the TWSs really competes well in the sound department now, and that one of the most deciding factor on us choosing would go down to our preferences. I think nowadays the second deciding factor would be the looks (and size, to some people), because on the battery and conection stability department, most of them have done a pretty good job.

On the side note, my GGMM T1 and Liberty Neo from the 11.11 sale has landed on my post office. Might get it in a day or two. I would report here later

Nov 27, 2019 at 6:06 PM Post #16,228 of 62,300
Just ordered the Tranya B530.

Excited to give em a spin
I'm not sure if I mentioned this, but I use the JVC spiral dot tips on them. I find that they clean up and boost the highs up and the high mids. But on certain TWS' they can reduce Bass. I'm excited for you, I hope you like them.

Nov 27, 2019 at 6:13 PM Post #16,230 of 62,300
bro, no I’m saying I LOVE THE RIMOR. And I LOVE THE BOMAKER. And I LOVE IT without needing an EQ.
And I got it for free.
Make sense?
That's what I had initially thought Maybe I got a crappy pair. They seem almot like an A shape in eq to me. Do you have the B530? I'd like to get your take on an a/b comparison. I know we all have different Sig. we like, Also, did you hear the True engine SE? it's got that same type super boosted mid sound the Rimor has, but to a much greater degree. You may really like it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back