Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 26, 2019 at 9:20 PM Post #16,186 of 62,554
Lets enjoy our TWS!!

Nov 26, 2019 at 9:33 PM Post #16,188 of 62,554
Nov 26, 2019 at 10:06 PM Post #16,189 of 62,554
Well have to admit I started to struggle with acoustic and piano settings on the L2P so switched to flat and have reinstalled the Neutron Player so I can control my EQ. I listen to almost all my own library no streaming so it's fine for me.

Hey Soundcore, if your reading we would all love a custom EQ... :wink:

Nov 26, 2019 at 10:17 PM Post #16,190 of 62,554
If I'm looking for a TWS with the SQ and signature of the SSK and effective transparency mode, which ones should I be looking at?
Mpow M5... comes with smooother bass. deep, less impact.
Does anyone know if the older version of the Mpow T5 also supports Android 9.0? The one I'm currently looking at doesn't say if it's the newer upgraded M5 version so I'm not 100% sure if it will work.
New version has M5 written on box
I plan to, but it isn’t the highest on my priority list with so many new TWS arrivals. :)
Bartig = scarbir. Com :) I bought 3 tws based on your recommendation. Best reviewer I ever followed!!

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2019 at 10:31 PM Post #16,192 of 62,554
Nov 26, 2019 at 10:46 PM Post #16,193 of 62,554
Well have to admit I started to struggle with acoustic and piano settings on the L2P so switched to flat and have reinstalled the Neutron Player so I can control my EQ. I listen to almost all my own library no streaming so it's fine for me.

Hey Soundcore, if your reading we would all love a custom EQ... :wink:
Preach!

Nov 26, 2019 at 10:49 PM Post #16,194 of 62,554
Some android phones have a built in EQ like in my oneplus7. It is not a bad EQ imho tho I would like a full 32 band EQ *wishing*.

Nov 26, 2019 at 10:58 PM Post #16,195 of 62,554
Hi all, I received my SSK BT03 last night, here are my findings compared to what I already have:

1) Bose 700: Great bass, detailed high. slight V shaped. Was my best sounding headphone for a while. I knew what sound I was looking for - so still searching.

2) Umidig Upods: No bass, not even average, Does not seal well. Have to turn off blue tooth so the buds can pair. Giving away soon,

3) Letscom ST-BE30: Thin mids, shouty highs, no bass. But good seal.

4) MPOW M5:
The mids are a tad less recessed than Bose 700. Cheap as it may be, the m5 has replaced the Bose 700 as my favourite sound. Although there are reports that the M5 highs are rolled off - the sound signature is exactly what I'm looking for (they sound thick which I like) - the metal string Acoustic guitars do not thin out like they do with most earphones that I've tried. Snare drums and rim shots sounded full bodied and not come off like toys (some KZ earphones my audiophile friends raved about fall into this category--like toys). The bass is excellent,.. smooth like how a bass guitarist would touch the strings. BTW when a guitarist touch the string it should sound like touching and not plucking nor slapping - if you know what i mean.

5) SSK-BT03:
Enter the SSK BT03.... it's Fabulous...
The M5 mids sounded thicker. The SSK sounded clearer.
The SSK bass seems to be louder, have more impact, tightness or slam.
At first listen - I thought Mpow M5 has met it's match... I'd describe the SSK as the M5 on bass steroids. And would pick the SSK as my new #1
But after a few rounds of listening, I finally figured it out - the SSK sounds great for electronic music and movies - with that impactful bass.
When I played instrumental band music on ssk- it sounded like the bass guitarist has gone rogue - turning up his bass vol by 10% and heavily plucking the strings.
Thus music with running bass on M5 sounds smooth while there is some attack / staccato effect on SSK BT03.

For reasons above my personal preference goes to MPOW M5 due to the type of instrumental music I listen to.
If you prefer deeper, more impactful / tight bass - SSK BT03 is better than M5. If you don't mind that rogue bass guitarist doing his heavy stuff in there.

Hope it helps.. I'm still trying to stay low budget :)
Day 2 with SSK bt03... It has won me over I can't decide if Mpow m5 is better. I'll have to keep both for now..

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2019 at 11:35 PM Post #16,197 of 62,554
Mpow M5... comes with smooother bass. Less deep, less impact.

New version has M5 written on box

Bartig = scarbir. Com :) I bought 3 tws based on your recommendation. Best reviewer I ever followed!!

I bought three and very unhappy. I either hear things very different from him or he is really off mark in his reviews based on my experience...

Nov 27, 2019 at 12:08 AM Post #16,198 of 62,554
I bought three and very unhappy. I either hear things very different from him or he is really off mark in his reviews based on my experience...
What did you buy that made you unhappy?

I think folks look for different sounds.
It's important that the reviewer has same "ears" as you. If the first earphone doesn't match - it means you need to look for your ideal reviewer.

From their descriptions I can identify right away that scarbir.com and d3myz probably has same ears as myself.
In my opinion - there are I think a few types of "ears":
1) The majority group (including many audiophiles) prefers sensitivity - they want to hear pin drop, hear sounds they never noticed before.
2) Some want sub sonic bass. The Monsters and Beats went that route.

To satisfy the market - V shaped sound frequencies are applied as: "Humans are intrinsically attracted to sound that are more colored than those with a flat profile. Headphones with V-shaped sound signature tend to have booming bass and sparkling treble, which makes for a more exciting listening experience." Include Bose, Sennheisers.
https://www.headphonesty.com/2017/01/v-shaped-sound-signature-mean/

3) Remaining folks and some audiophiles want thick sounding buds - tonal accuracy. For me, I want Snare drum to sound like real snares and rim shots to be full bodied. Metal string guitars should not pierce. These kinds of sound signature tend to be less exciting. It sounds even more dull when you add bass to thick sounding buds. Personally I do not judge by "how clear, cymbals, treble / bass extension",.. I look for tone, texture, feel. In other words "timbre". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timbre

So reviewers also tend to fall into the above categories.
You need to know which sound appeals to you.

I'm not an audiophile... only a very average non pro musician.
I always try to identify type #3 and follow them....

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2019 at 3:36 AM Post #16,199 of 62,554
I'd like to hear your impressions of the Rimor without the Samsung Adapt Sound profile on. I tried for days to like them via Iphone no eq'ing. The bulbs didn't fit great in my ears and no matter what tips I used, I didn't feel like I was getting a great fit like the B503's. Also, If you have an SSK or Anbes 359, do an A/B test an prepare to be shocked. I will say that the drivers in the Rimor are def. the same if not better quality than the B503's they have really excellent textured bass,but there's just not much of it. I also found them really responsive and the soundstage is great.

I was going to do that tonight but apparently they don't charge with the Auvio tips :frowning2: They showed they were charging when I put them in there but the tips must have expanded and pushed away from the contacts. I understand why smaller and smaller cases are a thing, but it's starting to get to the point where 3rd party tips won't work with anything.

Nov 27, 2019 at 8:19 AM Post #16,200 of 62,554
Got the Tranya Rimor TWS yesterday. Compared to the B530's and T5, I find them to fit my ears very well - comfortable and secure. The SQ is superior to the other two IMO in that the highs are crisper, the mids a bit more forward and the bass is better defined. The 10mm drivers deliver the low end in a more realistic manner - no over-hyping - but plenty of punch when the music calls for it. I am using a new S10+ with no Adapt Sound set yet. Everyone hears this stuff differently!

The case is a step up from the B530's - it's smaller, more sturdy with USB-C.

They still need some breaking-in, but I expect that this will only improve things.

I'll report back in a few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back