Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 26, 2019 at 5:52 AM Post #16,141 of 62,573
My TWS journey (iPhone XR & Apple Music):
1. Aviot TE-D01g: Sold (I just hate the shape of the charging box)
2. Bose Soundsport Free: Sold (left earbud cuts out too frequently and they are heavy)
3. JadeAudio EW1: Gave to my daughter
4. Whizzer WA11: Sill in use for non-critical listening
5. Sabbat E12: Sold (doesn’t fit well, hurts my outer ear)
6. Sony WF-1000XM3: Still in use for when I really want to hear music.
7. Mifo O2: Sold (same reason as #5)
8. 1more Stylish: Sold (just can’t get it to fit well)
9. Tevi: Sold (I fall asleep listening to them)
10. Anomoibuds Capsule: Sold (doesn’t sit well in my ears)
11. SSK BT03: Sold (buds are too small and I hate the toy look)
12. QCY QS1: Gave to wife
13. AirPods Pro: my next buy for sure.

I don’t comment on SQ as there are enough comments by more informed people than me. My own view is that if you really like a song, it doesn’t matter if it comes out of a (cheap) Clock Radio.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2019 at 5:55 AM Post #16,142 of 62,573
Hi,

Anker confirm that the Liberty 2 Pro it support the Qualcomm True Stereo Plus.

Have anyone try pairing with Qualcomm 855, 845 phone? How is the connection compare to the regular Qualcomm True Stereo?
With AirPods Pro, I realized Qualcomm Tue Stereo Plus isn't necessary. I'm pretty sure Apple doesn't use that chip, yet left and right earpieces connect independently on my Android. APP does everything well and don't look like a bluetooth headset from the early 2000s.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2019 at 6:23 AM Post #16,143 of 62,573
With AirPods Pro, I realized Qualcomm Tue Stereo Plus isn't necessary. I'm pretty sure Apple doesn't use that chip, yet left and right earpieces connect independently on my Android. APP does everything well and don't look like a bluetooth headset from the early 2000s.
They use the same connection concept, just different branding and implementation.

Nov 26, 2019 at 8:18 AM Post #16,144 of 62,573
Anyone have any luck with different inserts for Liberty 2 Pro? I love'em but can't keep them in my ear.

Looking for foam inserts they would accept, or the Christmas Tree shaped silicone...

I think the wings don't work for my ear, as well...

- RickIn Houston

Nov 26, 2019 at 8:22 AM Post #16,145 of 62,573
I think someone mentioned on here that the MPOWs might work better on a non custom rom/rooted phone. Would you suggest resetting my s7 Edge to stock rom for better audio?

Thanks in advance!

I've have said that "SBC" Headphones would work better on custom roms which do have SBC Dual Channel / SBC HD since it doubles the bandwidth. So SBC HD gets comparable to aptX and also beats AAC.

the MPOWs have aptX so nothing to gain or lose with the Smartphone Firmware in this case

Nov 26, 2019 at 9:16 AM Post #16,147 of 62,573
Hi friends, would like to seek your advise. One of my family members wants a true wireless earbud for Christmas.
She prefers something shaped like airpods, listens to a variety of genres. Budget ~ $100 - 150 USD.
I only use the TRN BT20 but she doesn't like the form factor.

Any recommendations? Thanks in advance!!
Spent a day researching and Anker Liberty 2 Pro (L2P) seems to get consistently good reviews for about your price range.

Nov 26, 2019 at 9:36 AM Post #16,150 of 62,573
I just caved and bought them under the assumption I'd send them back if i didn't like them. So far I like them, but I don't know if I can justify keeping them after buying the sony's and another pair of L2pro's. if you like the Tevi, you'll like these. they have really excellent highs, the mids are good not great, bass is tight and punchy, not super prominent, but probably plenty for those who don't like a bass heavy sound signature. I just a/b tested them vs. the ssk bt-03. the SSK stomps them. :beyersmile: I forgot how much I love these. much wider soundstage, thicker mids, better bass, not quite as bright highs, still very detailed.

You know you have the illness when you buy more than 1 pair of the same thing. I should know

2 mw07s
1 mw07+
2 ES100s

Nov 26, 2019 at 9:53 AM Post #16,153 of 62,573
This makes it perfect!!
Don’t be so happy yet. To use Volume Controls you have to dedicate one of the earbuds to it, sacrificing that earbud’s existing functions. What Sony giveth, Sony taketh ...

Nov 26, 2019 at 9:59 AM Post #16,154 of 62,573
Yes, unlike what I thought at first when I saw that info they have NOT added a new tap gesture like double or triple tap. I'd rather have pause and next on the earbuds as it's easy enough to change the volume with the keys on your phone, well easier at least :wink:

Nov 26, 2019 at 10:03 AM Post #16,155 of 62,573
I got my Tranya Rimor's in the mail yesterday. Just got a chance to try them out this morning. My initial impressions are pretty positive. I haven't done an A-B test with the B530s yet, but my initial impressions from memory are that these are just slightly below them as far as sound quality goes. The bass is a little stronger, but the mids and highs aren't as clear. That said they still sound great to me. This is with medium Auvio tips. I wasn't a fan of the stock tips. The B530s are still probably my 2nd favorite TWS for sound quality behind the Liberty 2 Pros. The B530s are more comfortable as well. One thing I love about the B530s is how they're almost perfectly rounded to fit the cup right outside your ear canal. It's an uncannily perfect fit for my ears at least. These have an odd hump behind the nozzle that makes them not fit as well. They're not uncomfortable by any means, just not AS comfortable.

I don't see why Tranya is pricing these so high though. There's nothing overly special about them. If they were in the same price range as the B530 and Mpow T5 they would make more sense. I guess they're banking on people seeing that Environmental Noise Cancelling and thinking it's something special. As far as I can tell it only applies to the microphones for phone calls.

Edit: One of the first things I do with a new set of headphones is set up a Samsung Adapt Sound profile for them. They did sound quite blah on the high end for me with the stock tips and no Adapt Sound.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back