Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 16, 2019 at 2:42 PM Post #15,646 of 62,422
Weird you have pairing issues with the MTW, i don't have a pair that connects faster. And they the momentums i mean, connect instantly. All of my TWS pair pretty quickly, quickest to slowest are, Sennheiser momentums, Anbes 359, Ofusho f16, Shanling MTW 100BA Anker LP2 Pro. FWIW, i stopped in the middle of writing this post to confirm what i just said so i wasn't doing it from perceived memory. And theres also not a huge difference between them all, the LP2 pros take just about 5 seconds. So we're aren't talking about a crisis here haha. The Momentums, for all their flaws, say power on. connected and during that 1 second or so, i can hit the left earbud panel once to start music and the command is processed during the prompts and music starts up right after i hear connected. I agree with you on the boomy sound of the lp2 pros that's set by default, no matter what setting i use, i can't EQ enough bass out of them. Therees some sub bass i'd like to remove, but it's not bad enough to where i'd want to return them. Glad i was able to get alot of the bass out though, cause theres just wayyyyy to much be default and with a lot of the presets within the app. I am not a fan of the default sound on the momentums either. I was considering returning the LP2 pros because i really don't need them, but they're a great product for the discounted price i got them for and great in general. i've also been curious about the DD version of the Shanlings, because i agree. The BA ones just need a hair mor volume but just a touch.

It wasn't pairing speed. They just refused to pair once after I hadn't used them and had been messing with others. Had to totally reset and still had troubles getting them to pair again. Just a frustration I didn't have with others that all just worked mostly after I had initially paired them. One or two might need manual force pair here and there, but those were the only ones that completely hosed up and wouldn't pair again. Generally just wan't impressed for $250 bucks. The MW07+ seemed to sound better and atleast give you a premium product with fancy materials if are willing to spend on that aspect. And can now get the MW07 non plus that are similar premium setup for the same $250. The LP2 for $120 tax and all are a great value. The Acoustic preset sounds great, but sorta have to play with volume between phone and buds. Seems that preset and ignoring volume control on buds and just putting it at max is the way to go...a lot of ways to get clipping at higher volumes though with that preset for whatever reason...don't need that level of volume though so it's fine.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2019 at 2:55 PM Post #15,647 of 62,422
I too am appreciative of how true-wireless-ness solves some of the biggest issues I had with wired IEMs, namely restricted movement (when not plugged into a portable source) and microphonics (microphonics alone significantly hampered my enjoyment of the FLC8S).

Any Android device running 8.0+ can transmit LDAC, however there are no LDAC TWS earbuds.
You could try the Airpods Pro, would go well with iOS devices and people have said they sound good.
I have tried the Galaxy Buds and I don't think anything can beat them for that price, unless you absolutely hate that sound signature. Where I live they can be had for <$100 new sealed (from those who got it with the S10 but didn't want it).
People have reported that mic quality isn't very good on the Galaxy Buds however.
I was under the impression of Sony WF1000XM3 allowing LDAC transmission. Could be wrong though. I love the convenience and the shape of the Galaxy buds, but can't be arsed to let go of the reliability of iOS, especially after jailbreak.

The L2P do get a lot of love on here these days - but I would suggest the Nuarl NT01AX as it is still my daily driver. The bass isn't quite as full as the L2P - but overall it is clear and has more immersive mids to my ears than the L2P.

I'm also keen to see what Nuarl come out with next (N6Pro) - but you may be able to find the NT01AX for sale because of the new N6 soon. (Amazon)

Thank you for the suggestion! I am really keen to try out the Nuarl, but still on the fence based on brand recognition and value proposition.

I listen to a lot of electronic music and the lp2 shine there, especially with the custom EQs in the app.

I have the AirPod pros , it’s no contest

Awesome! I was actually leaning towards the L2P but was really set off by the reviews on Amazon. :frowning2:

Have you tried the APP? The may not be the best audiophile , but they are pretty damn nice

I generally do not like the form factor of the APP. the stems hanging out is a massive turn-off for me, regardless of it's implementation and functionality. Thank you for the suggestion though, I'll try them out as soon as demos appear in local apple stores.

Nov 16, 2019 at 3:10 PM Post #15,649 of 62,422
So I’ve spent nearly a month each with APP and the XM3 using an iPhone XR. XM3 sounds infinitely better to me. On the “excited” eq preset, much more energy, soundstage, separation, and fuller sounding. The fit I found to be okay but a little bulky. The case is obviously horrible.

in terms of NC I can’t see how some are saying APP is better. You really can’t get a super quality seal with the APP, it’s a really shallow, tip only seal. While they are secure and not going anywhere, it just gives you a slight feeling that they aren’t really tight, and I hate that. I’m on NYC subways everyday. With music on 75%+ volume you cannot hear any outside noise with the XM3s. It’s really awesome. APP while fine, still leaks in some high pitched stuff, bursts of laughter, subway screeches etc.

APP are really handy and I like them a lot but I’m not thrilled with the SQ for $250. They’re okay, just not my be all end all. Sound wise I could make the Sony’s my one and only, but the slight weirdness in fit and pressure you feel in ear is making me want to try something else.

what else is there to try?
The APP are almost perfect. Even if they just added a global EQ option within iOS for the APP, they would be a strong buy. I had them, but like you, the SQ left me wanting and I had to return them.

I also have the XM3 and they completely destroy the APP in terms of SQ. I think the ANC is better as well, as the "vent" design of the APP seemed to let in a lot more "clanging" and higher-pitched sounds than the XM3. Overall, combined passive and active noise attenuation is better with the XM3. That being said, the fit is not the most comfortable out of the box, so I did some tip rolling and ended up using the L eartips from the Sony WI-C200 (I bought these for my wife, as she likes the cord to wrap around the neck when not listening). I believe these same eartips are found on many of Sony's entry level corded earbuds at your local Target, WalMart, etc. They allow for a little deeper insertion (stick out marginally less) and fit more securely. I don't notice any difference in noise cancellation performance.

Nov 16, 2019 at 3:12 PM Post #15,650 of 62,422
I was under the impression of Sony WF1000XM3 allowing LDAC transmission. Could be wrong though. I love the convenience and the shape of the Galaxy buds, but can't be arsed to let go of the reliability of iOS, especially after jailbreak.

Thank you for the suggestion! I am really keen to try out the Nuarl, but still on the fence based on brand recognition and value proposition.

Awesome! I was actually leaning towards the L2P but was really set off by the reviews on Amazon. :frowning2:

I generally do not like the form factor of the APP. the stems hanging out is a massive turn-off for me, regardless of it's implementation and functionality. Thank you for the suggestion though, I'll try them out as soon as demos appear in local apple stores.
No LDAC on the sony true wireless sadly

Nov 16, 2019 at 3:26 PM Post #15,652 of 62,422
No LDAC on the sony true wireless sadly
That's indeed a bummer as LDAC is sony's very own tech ... hopefully the next iteration will have something.

Do you guys have any opinion the CKR7TW by Audio Technica by any chance?

Nov 16, 2019 at 4:49 PM Post #15,654 of 62,422
Damn! That's disapointing to read. I still may give these a test run if i can get them for 50% off through work like i did the 65t's, but even then because of the imbalance, and some other things, i still sold the 65t's anyway.
My impressions of the 75t differ from those quoted.

Nov 16, 2019 at 5:14 PM Post #15,655 of 62,422
I just received my L2P today, and the hype is real, the sound is amazing. The default EQ is bad, I tried many EQ and I always come back to Piano EQ. Here is my comparison with MW07 Go. L2P has boomy bass, recessed voice, it sounds more full, more complete, with more mid bass than MW07, however MW07 bass and treble sound more refined and controlled, and to me it sounds more natural and punchy than L2P. The vocal of MW07 is also smoother than L2P. The soundstage is also similar.

There are many EQ options in L2P but I couldn't find anything close to MW07, they have clearly different sound signature. I will prefer SQ of MW07, it just makes the songs sound so musical to me, I sometimes sing a long with MW07, but not L2P.

Taking the price and discount of L2P in account, I have to say MW07+ is not worth it, but MW07 Go is a good choice if you don't care about anc.

I will return my L2P and finish the journey of TWS with MW07 Go.

My ranking:
MW07 > L2P > Sony WF1000XM3 > Sennheiser > Cambridge Audio.

Nov 16, 2019 at 5:21 PM Post #15,656 of 62,422
My impressions of the 75t differ from those quoted.

thats good to hear! I really don’t know what was wrong w the set I got. It sounded awful. I cant imagine that’s what it was supposed to sound like.

what are your impressions?

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2019 at 5:52 PM Post #15,657 of 62,422
Well, I was tempted by the APP and then I briefly thought about the Jabra 75T, and the Sony WF-1000XM3 was almost bought a few times. But with a $20 savings I ended up going L2P because it just sounds like what I want signature wise and it has most of the features I want. The 75T was tempting because of its size and dual device support but I keep hearing it is really bass heavy and I just dont think it would suit me.

So L2P on the way. Hopefully it will be my last purchase for a while. Will post how I like them after they arrive. Really hoping no hiss with my pair...

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2019 at 7:44 PM Post #15,658 of 62,422
For Galaxy Buds users, there's a new firmware out recently. Screenshot_20191116-183016_Galaxy Buds.jpg
Not sure that I've ever experienced issues with connection stability though.

Nov 16, 2019 at 7:55 PM Post #15,659 of 62,422
Aaaand the L2P were still on sale for $40 off, so I got them loll. Seems like you guys like these a lot so will def do a full review if they make a good first impression. Any EQ presets I should try?
The preset i ended up setling on is the bass reducer setting. The piano one isn't to bad, the flat one as well, but one thing i will say is that when i made the switch, it didn't happen right away. Yes the bass was lessened, but it was still to much and literally gave me a headache. Which i know, sounds whiny, i just say that because i couldn't believe how intense it was. how much i felt it. Then i put the buds in their case, didn't reset them but did unpair and pair again, and theres a huge difference. one way i'd describe my experience with them is that there isn't excessive amounts of bass when it isn't called for, like when i played the Title Track to the Drag me to Hell soundtrack, or various jazz and classical pieces. but when the bass is in the mix, there are times when it can be to much and or a little sloppy. In the end i really like these though.

Nov 16, 2019 at 8:07 PM Post #15,660 of 62,422

Users who are viewing this thread

Back