Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 28, 2019 at 1:16 PM Post #14,281 of 62,746
Can’t wait to test the new AirPods

I paid full price and find them great. I get no hiss/white noise (one of the lucky ones?) and I have the latest FW, 1.65. But I had no noise with the original 1.15 FW that came on my set. Also, I use Comply T200 (bulby form) with them, prefer foam tips. And I also removed the "wings" and they stay put fine when out and about. Big L2P fan, I guess you could say. Have them in right now, Norah Jones never sounded so good. Comfort is fantastic, better than the Cambridge Audio Melomania 1, which I also own and use for >60 minute sessions, because the sound tube on the M1s is a bit thick and gets annoying much past an hour of use. But sound-wise, I like both, with the Soundcore's a bit more soundstage/air.

I haven’t gotten the 1.65 yet but I’ve had the white noise thing since I got them. I’ve only used them with my iPhone XS, perhaps they source matters ? But like I said it doesn’t bother me one bit, the sound quality is sublime.

I find them extremely comfortable, but I will try those comply foams! Thanks for the tip

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2019 at 1:24 PM Post #14,282 of 62,746
I own the MTW and have been thinking of getting the WF1000XM3, but between listening and reading reviews on the Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro and having a friend reach out to me in a message I think the L2P is the way to go. My friend has owned the Sony and Sennheiser and prefers the L2P over both. I also have listened to microphone tests for the Sony and L2P and the L2P seems better in that area too. Add on wireless charging, better battery life, and volume controls on top of sound quality and that's just to big a difference especially since it's only 2/3 the price of the Sony.
I have both the MTW & the WF-1000XM3 and had the L2P, but now I just have the L2. As far as the L2P, you can't go wrong, BUT the only issue is the 1st batch had some noise floor/hissing issues. So I would recommend waiting for the "new version", which Anker said should be released here in a few weeks. I went back and forth with them via email. They offered to give me a refund or exchange it for the new version once it came out. I decided to take the refund and get the L2. Sound is close to the L2P, but there's no Qi charging. Can't go wrong with the WF-1000XM3 either. I'm all for just buying all of them and using a different pair when the mood calls for it!

Oct 28, 2019 at 1:26 PM Post #14,283 of 62,746
No problem #Go0gle. I just am a foam fan, I guess. I like the seal, comfort, despite the expense. Worth it to me. I think it keeps them more secure without the wings, which I removed because they started to hurt the inside of my ear. As you may have found, they do look a bit goofy, but I could care less (maybe it's me asymmetrical ears, dunno). Maybe the foam tips make them stick out a bit more. Oh, I am using an iPhone 8+.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2019 at 1:26 PM Post #14,284 of 62,746
I mean't lookwise, I agree that they look really compact and well designed from a technical standpoint. But the loooks is so... The all black model looks al right, but can't fint it on any store that offers pre orders.

Not quite sure that I understand. Below is a pic of the 75t, speaking from just appearances, I would take this look over 95% of what is out there.

lifestyle_1_mob.jpg

Oct 28, 2019 at 1:26 PM Post #14,285 of 62,746
I am returning my MW07 Go today. It took 9 hours and 13 minutes to drain the battery from 92% (at 70% volume) and it is back to 92% again so I think the one I got may have an issue with battery. It also doesn't seem to pair right away when I take them out of the case and I have to press some buttons on them to get it to connect. Also had a lot of trouble pairing it to a second phone (with bluetooth turned off on my first phone). Pretty sure I got a lemon.

Still deciding if I should try another one or just wait a week or two at this point and see if a later batch is better.
Don't get banned at Best Buy! Always pay cash! :p

Oct 28, 2019 at 1:29 PM Post #14,287 of 62,746
I own the MTW and have been thinking of getting the WF1000XM3, but between listening and reading reviews on the Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro and having a friend reach out to me in a message I think the L2P is the way to go. My friend has owned the Sony and Sennheiser and prefers the L2P over both. I also have listened to microphone tests for the Sony and L2P and the L2P seems better in that area too. Add on wireless charging, better battery life, and volume controls on top of sound quality and that's just to big a difference especially since it's only 2/3 the price of the Sony.
I own both and prefer the Sonys over the Sennheiser in SQ and overall. I haven't heard enough about the Liberty pro but if I read so more positive reviews I may pick up a pair to try out.

Oct 28, 2019 at 1:33 PM Post #14,290 of 62,746
Oct 28, 2019 at 1:38 PM Post #14,292 of 62,746
They still look like Air Pods, no thanks. At least they are real earbuds now though.
Man, I've rolled with so many different over-ears, on-ears, and in-ears, especially at the gym, that I could wear a chicken hat and nobody would flinch. I do get the occasional, "Do you even audiophile, bruh?".

Oct 28, 2019 at 1:56 PM Post #14,295 of 62,746
I am returning my MW07 Go today. It took 9 hours and 13 minutes to drain the battery from 92% (at 70% volume) and it is back to 92% again so I think the one I got may have an issue with battery. It also doesn't seem to pair right away when I take them out of the case and I have to press some buttons on them to get it to connect. Also had a lot of trouble pairing it to a second phone (with bluetooth turned off on my first phone). Pretty sure I got a lemon.

Still deciding if I should try another one or just wait a week or two at this point and see if a later batch is better.
Kind of mindblowing that a $200 set cant even get battery reading correct...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back