Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 28, 2019 at 7:49 AM Post #14,251 of 63,208
Has anyone heard / read anything about Funcl doing a sports version / powerbeats pro clone? This looks interesting, but no information via google outside of that ONE seller on Aliexpress ... (nothing on funcl.com, which does not have to mean they are fake :wink: I come across abandoned websites all the time)

funclpro.jpg

loveloud.jpg

Bonus Question: Anyone know these Linsing QC10? They look interesting, (USB C, Volume Control, fancy case, wireless charging) but no idea how they sound. There are 2 videos on YT (using the same audio it seems) in a language I don't understand :) (OMG, the auto-generated English subtitles are hilarious!)

linsingqc10.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2019 at 8:26 AM Post #14,252 of 63,208
I have a question to MW07 plus users: are you buds going to sleep if not in the case. I left mine outside of the case for a night with 90% battery and this morning they were completely discharged :frowning2:

Oct 28, 2019 at 8:29 AM Post #14,253 of 63,208
Oct 28, 2019 at 8:39 AM Post #14,254 of 63,208
Hello..long time lurker here.

Been using the MTW for 3 months + now and I've been hearing a lot of good things about the Sony WF-1000XM3s..

So far with the MTW, the sound staging and clarity and sound signature has been very good. It tends to be very revealing and the bass is suppressed even with the EQ. Kinda reminds me how they designed the HD800. :) But the low-end is present but lighter than I'd prefer. It also has some issues with connectivity even when walking around town or going to work, plus short battery life with drain issue.

Considering to get the Sony XM3s now as a complement for bassy EDM (Charli XCX, Lorde, Korean pop) tracks and longer battery life; see that I'll use them interchangeably instead of throwing the MTW away.

My priorities are on pure SQ. I can live with the other shortcomings like battery life or connectivity. I just want to know I'm getting the best sound for the $$.

What do you think? Any owners of both can chime? I have seen owners of MTW move to XM3s and vice versa. Happy to know what you think.

If you only care about SQ and don't care about connectivity issues then you should definitely check out the MW07 PLUS. The connectivity issues frustrate me but they might not w you.

Oct 28, 2019 at 8:48 AM Post #14,255 of 63,208
If you only care about SQ and don't care about connectivity issues then you should definitely check out the MW07 PLUS. The connectivity issues frustrate me but they might not w you.

Did Master and Dynamic give any reason to why they got rid of the multi point connection? They would almost tick all my boxes if they still had that feature.

Oct 28, 2019 at 9:35 AM Post #14,256 of 63,208
This is what my app shows me since last update this morning :) so, I guess those are the official prices.

And I do not see ANY 11.11 sale on the Shanling ... I wonder if they applied some price bind order (you notice that all shops adhere to the same 79/89$ pricing)

for the Shanling it might be helpful to sweep up those 10$ off 69$ coupons ...

I have stacked some coupons (Aliexpress and also select and store coupons) 2 weeks ago and i've got the MTW100 BA version for like 66 euro 2 weeks ago. They are still on their way though .....

Oct 28, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #14,257 of 63,208
how do the master & dynamic mw07 plus compare to the sennheiser momentum wireless sound wise. I had the sennheisers and honeslty they didn't blow me away, it had great bass and good sound but soundstage was closed in, and they were big and somewhat uncomfortable. I have some best buy gift cards I need to use. I was looking at the mw07 plus or the newer sony wf 1000mx but I don't like the bean shaped buds. it there anything else I should be looking at at best buy? I listen to mostly dance, edm, house and rap. I like bass that goes deep, no midbass hump, nicely tamed treble.

Oct 28, 2019 at 9:45 AM Post #14,258 of 63,208
Hello..long time lurker here.

Been using the MTW for 3 months + now and I've been hearing a lot of good things about the Sony WF-1000XM3s..

So far with the MTW, the sound staging and clarity and sound signature has been very good. It tends to be very revealing and the bass is suppressed even with the EQ. Kinda reminds me how they designed the HD800. :) But the low-end is present but lighter than I'd prefer. It also has some issues with connectivity even when walking around town or going to work, plus short battery life with drain issue.

Considering to get the Sony XM3s now as a complement for bassy EDM (Charli XCX, Lorde, Korean pop) tracks and longer battery life; see that I'll use them interchangeably instead of throwing the MTW away.

My priorities are on pure SQ. I can live with the other shortcomings like battery life or connectivity. I just want to know I'm getting the best sound for the $$.

What do you think? Any owners of both can chime? I have seen owners of MTW move to XM3s and vice versa. Happy to know what you think.

I own the MTW and have been thinking of getting the WF1000XM3, but between listening and reading reviews on the Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro and having a friend reach out to me in a message I think the L2P is the way to go. My friend has owned the Sony and Sennheiser and prefers the L2P over both. I also have listened to microphone tests for the Sony and L2P and the L2P seems better in that area too. Add on wireless charging, better battery life, and volume controls on top of sound quality and that's just to big a difference especially since it's only 2/3 the price of the Sony.

Oct 28, 2019 at 9:53 AM Post #14,259 of 63,208
If you don't mind the hiss and little unbalanced crossover between dynamic and armature drivers, L2P is the way to go.

Oct 28, 2019 at 9:58 AM Post #14,260 of 63,208
For now I am enjoying MW07 plus. Even without AAC the sound better with Iphone then all TWS I tried before.
Plus great battery life, super comfy, very good call quality.
Unfortunately, to much wind noise, when biking outside.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2019 at 10:00 AM Post #14,261 of 63,208
Any soundcore liberty 2 pro adopters yet?

10 days in. Had a few issues with call quality but seems better after the latest firmware update. There is some white noise on very low volume, non issue for me.

other than that, zero issues. Solid product overall.

I got them for $100 during the presale, but now that I’ve used them I wouldn’t mind paying full price

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2019 at 10:20 AM Post #14,262 of 63,208
Oct 28, 2019 at 10:29 AM Post #14,263 of 63,208
I am going to try draining the battery to 0 and recharging but if the steel blue mw07 plus shows up at Best Buy here I was also thinking about trying out the MW07 Plus. For $200; the battery info is bugging me.

I am returning my MW07 Go today. It took 9 hours and 13 minutes to drain the battery from 92% (at 70% volume) and it is back to 92% again so I think the one I got may have an issue with battery. It also doesn't seem to pair right away when I take them out of the case and I have to press some buttons on them to get it to connect. Also had a lot of trouble pairing it to a second phone (with bluetooth turned off on my first phone). Pretty sure I got a lemon.

Still deciding if I should try another one or just wait a week or two at this point and see if a later batch is better.

Oct 28, 2019 at 10:39 AM Post #14,264 of 63,208
Did Master and Dynamic give any reason to why they got rid of the multi point connection? They would almost tick all my boxes if they still had that feature.
It seems likely that they're using the Qualcomm 5120 series chip based on the featureset (i.e. ANC), which I don't think has multipoint support. Have we seen any 3120/5120 buds with multipoint support?

Oct 28, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #14,265 of 63,208
i just ordered the white Earfun Free's. i hate white, but amazon had same day delivery on white vs 2 day prime, and I'm impatient. lol

i don't care for the looks of those soundcore libery 2 pro, but like everything im reading about them except for the hiss or white noise yall keep referencing. i haven't seen one youtube review mention this. maybe a faulty unit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back