Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 22, 2019 at 3:25 PM Post #13,952 of 62,133
Been using the MW07+ for a couple hours now. First impressions are great (as they were with the original version). The sound on these is just so addicting and very cool to hear after using the Lypertek Tevi for a while. Still going to hold off on a full review until I've had a couple days to test it and compare it to some other IEMs and TWS I have. Also gotta find a Mac to test out whether AAC is being used or not (since I have a Windows comp and an iPhone, neither of which tell you), though I'm not noticing any issues with sound quality after using it with my phone and computer.

Oct 22, 2019 at 3:51 PM Post #13,953 of 62,133
Been using the MW07+ for a couple hours now. First impressions are great (as they were with the original version). The sound on these is just so addicting and very cool to hear after using the Lypertek Tevi for a while. Still going to hold off on a full review until I've had a couple days to test it and compare it to some other IEMs and TWS I have. Also gotta find a Mac to test out whether AAC is being used or not (since I have a Windows comp and an iPhone, neither of which tell you), though I'm not noticing any issues with sound quality after using it with my phone and computer.
How's the ANC? I understand it's on the mild side.

Oct 22, 2019 at 4:13 PM Post #13,954 of 62,133
How's the ANC? I understand it's on the mild side.

It's definitely on the mild side, but I'm honestly glad it's there. There was a noticeable difference switching it on and off while walking around NYC. It's not going to completely drown out louder noises like sirens or honks, but definitely helped with cars and trucks driving by, people talking around you, and coffee shop noise. Also both the ANC and Ambient Listening mode barely affect the sound quality, which is really nice.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #13,955 of 62,133
This is maddening. Does anyone else have besides Caipirina and d3myz have both the SSK and Anbes 359? I'm considering getting a 3rd one so that I know which one is the true one. The ones I have are not identical.
Honestly, my SSK's don't sound quite like the 359's. The SSK has a little cleaner high end and less bass, but they are very close.

Oct 22, 2019 at 5:51 PM Post #13,957 of 62,133
Speaking of wireless, I just got a iFi xDSD exclusively to stream Tidal/Qobuz from my computer/phone to nice headphones...it works like a dream. The SQ is amazingly good. I am so happy to say that I no longer feel the need to carry a DAP!

Oct 22, 2019 at 5:52 PM Post #13,958 of 62,133
Just wanted to mention the Bluetooth range, I am guessing this is now standard for most 5.0 devices, but the range and connection with my xs has been great. Much better than I expected.

I do have a silly question tho, what's the max bitrate transfer on bt 5.0 ? The spec sheets says ~352kbps , so would that make listening to flac files redundant ? Sticking to 320 mp3 the better option ?

The flacs to sound amazing tho :)

Too bad you don't have an onboard EQ. If you have a spare $10, try the Kaiser Audio app in the Apple app store. I bought it a long time ago (I know, I sound like a shill. I'm not. I just love having the flexibility to shape sound. You purists can stop screaming at me now. It offers a 10- and 20-band professional equalizer. Perfect way to boost those mids, which I did with mine and created a custom EQ for the LP2, which I do for almost all my phones. The Blon 03 doesn't need any EQ with my phone (wired $40 giant crusher).

I will give Kaiser audio a go, but I don't mind the built in EQs in the soundcore app. Perhaps they will add manual ones inside the app with an update..

I'm on Version 1.09 for the L2pro. which is the one mine came with. Is there a newer one than that? I was also told by Anker support the new models will be out in 2-3 weeks for those wishing to exchange due to hissing and bad call quality.

yes, I got 1.15 yesterday.. not sure if it did anything, but I did have a 40 min voice call today and the other party said I was crystal clear so I dunno. I was using both buds.

Oh, nice. Updating the Liberty 2 and Pros as we speak. Let's see if the hissing is gone...

Its there I think, doesn't really bother me. Not sure if we are talking about the same thing.

Oct 22, 2019 at 6:36 PM Post #13,959 of 62,133
Anyone ever had any IEMs from china come to USA through Yanwen Logistics? Seems it will get handed to USPS after it's out of customs, but has listed as being in customs since like the 13th. No clue how long this normally takes now or if this Yanwen is reliable in general? Waiting on these Shanling MTW100's is getting old! Haha.

Oct 22, 2019 at 7:00 PM Post #13,960 of 62,133
This is maddening. Does anyone else have besides Caipirina and d3myz have both the SSK and Anbes 359? I'm considering getting a 3rd one so that I know which one is the true one. The ones I have are not identical.
Getting more TWS = soothing the soul!

I still think mine sound the same (anbes / ssk) ... but I wouldn't say I have the most analytical ears ...

Totally unrelated ... dug up my only pair of bone conducting BT .. now, here's a technology I am glad I did not follow into the rabbit hole :) Works nice for pling pling piano muzak though :) Anyone else tried those?

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2019 at 7:01 PM Post #13,961 of 62,133
Galaxy Buds on iPhone are good. They have AAC and have a nice, clean presentation. Although I prefer the "Excited" EQ or whatever it was when playing from my Galaxy s8, since my main phone is my iPhone, I enjoyed listening to them stock as well. The problem I ran into, which sounds like a known issue, is one earbud began to sound softer over time, so one earbud was always louder than the other. I ended up returning them.

how long before your unit exhibit those imbalances? does it caused by physical failure or software issues? mine's luckily is still fine, just want to know should i still worry or the wave had already passed. i like the galaxy buds so much that I prefer using it with ambience modeon in my car instead of using the car sound system.. and my car's sound system is not shabby to begin with.

Oct 22, 2019 at 8:09 PM Post #13,962 of 62,133
Sound signature wise I'm sure they are great, however 1) you are going to look like Frankenstein walking around in them, and 2) every time you tell someone the name of them they are going to apologize because they think you have cancer.
Actually they are pretty low profile even though they are bullet shaped. It protrudes about the same as my galaxy buds which doesn't protrude much too.

Oct 22, 2019 at 8:19 PM Post #13,963 of 62,133
how long before your unit exhibit those imbalances? does it caused by physical failure or software issues? mine's luckily is still fine, just want to know should i still worry or the wave had already passed. i like the galaxy buds so much that I prefer using it with ambience modeon in my car instead of using the car sound system.. and my car's sound system is not shabby to begin with.
It happened at around the 2 week mark. Seems there are some bad unit floating around, so it may just be limited to certain build runs that may have used a bad battery, etc. If you've had yours for a while, then you're probably in the clear.

Oct 22, 2019 at 8:23 PM Post #13,964 of 62,133
I think waiting is a good idea. I'm going to swap mine out because my mic SUUUUCKS!

Those of you having mic problems with the L2P, please try deleting the app (after setting the controls and equalizer as you’d like) and see if the mic quality improves. I was having bad call quality, bad voice memo quality and random Bluetooth disconnections when using the mic, and deleting the app seems to have helped.

AAC or no AAC, THAT is the question!

After an exchange of several emails with M&D support, I just got an email from them stating “I have confirmed the MW07 Plus does not support AAC at this time.” Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I suppose the words “at this time” allows some hope that they will support AAC in the future.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back