Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 22, 2019 at 11:39 PM Post #13,981 of 62,454
just bought the Shanling MTW100BA For anyone in the states, you can buy them from music Tech, that's a dealer i was refered to by a rep from Shanling when i messaged them 10 days ago asking about where to buy from the states. I'd never heard of them before. They have a 30 day return policy as well and except Amazon Pay and Paypal. BA version is $89 and they had both Black and Red in stock, as well as the white DD version for $79.

Did Musicteck give you an ETA?

Oct 22, 2019 at 11:42 PM Post #13,982 of 62,454
How do you like the MW07 Go otherwise? I stopped by a Best Buy today and saw the black ones were on display and they looked pretty sweet (really like the smaller form factor). Didn't have any on the shelves yet unfortunately.

They are significantly smaller and lighter. They are some of the most musical iems I have ever heard. Still the champs.

Oct 22, 2019 at 11:51 PM Post #13,984 of 62,454
For those of you with MW07 Go/+ - how have you found the overall volume? Mine wasn't particularly loud at full volume and was even worse for calls (max volume - the other caller was still a little faint).

Definitely could use a couple notches more on the volume, though for me at like 90% it's as loud as I'd want it for most songs. For calls you gotta raise the volume again as for some reason it starts really low but then that issue was resolved for me. Calls have been amazing so far actually.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2019 at 12:17 AM Post #13,985 of 62,454
Definitely could use a couple notches more on the volume, though for me at like 90% it's as loud as I'd want it for most songs. For calls you gotta raise the volume again as for some reason it starts really low but then that issue was resolved for me. Calls have been amazing so far actually.
I must be getting old. 40 percent volume on stepper with fan and it was plenty loud

Oct 23, 2019 at 12:52 AM Post #13,986 of 62,454
Those of you having mic problems with the L2P, please try deleting the app (after setting the controls and equalizer as you’d like) and see if the mic quality improves. I was having bad call quality, bad voice memo quality and random Bluetooth disconnections when using the mic, and deleting the app seems to have helped.

After an exchange of several emails with M&D support, I just got an email from them stating “I have confirmed the MW07 Plus does not support AAC at this time.” Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I suppose the words “at this time” allows some hope that they will support AAC in the future.
Oh, wow. Petty much a killer for Apple users (most people that buy M&D will know about codecs).

Oct 23, 2019 at 1:00 AM Post #13,987 of 62,454
Unfortunately there’s no app for the MW07+, so it will be difficult to update the firmware. M&D could provide an app, or they could provide a computer based update methodology. (The Samsung Galaxy Buds have a computer based way to update firmware — that I think works on both Windows and Mac computers — for people who aren’t using Android based phones.) Or, I suppose they could just update the earphones in-factory and swap them out. As I’ve said before, I’m not counting on any such solution. My assumption is that what we have is what we’ll get. If they sound great to you via SBC — or if you’re using a phone that supports Apt-x — keep them. I’m going to return them on principle alone, unless they provide an update path quickly. For the price, they should support AAC.
Do they have multipoint? That may be a solution if you have an aptX source in addition to an iPhone. If not, aside from battery, the originals are not too shabby.

Oct 23, 2019 at 1:06 AM Post #13,988 of 62,454
Do they have multipoint? That may be a solution if you have an aptX source in addition to an iPhone. If not, aside from battery, the originals are not too shabby.

The don't have multipoint -- and, even if they did have multipoint, carrying around two devices feels to me like more of a kludge than a solution. I feel like there are so many quality earphones on the market (or just about to hit the market) that we really shouldn't have to make compromises like that, especially for that price.

Oct 23, 2019 at 4:58 AM Post #13,989 of 62,454
Thanks. Musicteck always has decent sales on high end audio gear as well.

Did they give you an ETA?
Not yet, but I know they got them in stock last week, so at least they have them. not to worried though, 2-day shipping was an option for $9.99, so hoping they get here before i go out of town next Thursday.

Oct 23, 2019 at 6:54 AM Post #13,991 of 62,454
AAC or no AAC, THAT is the question!

Codec-wise, these seem to behave the same as the MW07. That didn't have AAC, did it?

Anyway, on my galaxy, the default is aptx. When I change the codec in developer mode to AAC, I hear no change in sound. If I close all apps and check back in developer mode, it indicates I'm still in aptx.

I DO have an iPad at home, can I use that to test for AAC?

Oct 23, 2019 at 7:44 AM Post #13,992 of 62,454
OK, just tried the MW07+ at the office. Wow -- I feel like this things were made just for me. Same great first-in-class sound (sounded even better than the MW07 to me, but I'm undoubtedly playing mind games with myself).

I work in an office environment with an attached manufacturing floor. The office has a white noise system (sounds like fans) to help with inter-cubicle noise. I tried enabling the ANC before playing any music and heard the background noise go to zero. Toggling the ANC with music playing, I couldn't hear any difference in music quality.

A couple of times a day I take a mile-long walk through the manufacturing floor. The ANC, though mild, definitely reduced or eliminated the background din. Overall, I'm quite pleased with these. I can't comment on how these would perform if your source doesn't support aptX, though.

Oct 23, 2019 at 7:48 AM Post #13,993 of 62,454
I'm actually liking the sports covers along with the large tips. I usually use medium but these are so thin and flexible the large tips dont disturb my ears and makes for a good seal.

Now that said... I'm only getting about 5 hours of battery life from them, namely the left unit, which is disappointing. I figure they're defaulting to a primary/secondary connection because I see the right unit has more 50% higher battery left than the left unit. How did you pair yours in TWS+ mode to have each one connect directly to the source? I'm using a galaxy s9 primarily so I'm a little surprised it's not working out of the box. Either that or my left unit is defective

I'm using mine paired to a Galaxy Note 8 so I suspect they're only working in master/slave mode. To be honest I've never really worn them long enough for the battery to have run out. I think they claim the battery life on the headphones themselves are treated at 10 hours and the case is rated at 50 hours so yours don't appear to be behaving properly. Perhaps they need a reset?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back