Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 23, 2019 at 11:32 AM Post #13,996 of 62,112
Actually new mw07 without aac works in my favor on my LG V30 phone, which defaults to AAC when available. Just ordered mw07 go. Almost think about going for Samsung but now happy to stay in LG upgrades with both BT20s and MW07 picking aptX.

I'm also returning the original mw07 from Massdrop. I experienced a lot of dropouts during my visit to China and Sydney, when walking in the streets, making them almost useless. Hope the new version with BT 5.0 can solve this issue.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2019 at 12:29 PM Post #13,997 of 62,112
Codec-wise, these seem to behave the same as the MW07. That didn't have AAC, did it?
The originals did not advertise AAC, but they do support it. It also, surprisingly, supports multipoint. So in situations where I have an Android device with me and my main phone (iPhone Xs Max), I can stream in aptX and take calls on my iPhone. If I don't have an Android device with me, I can stream in AAC on an Apple device, which does AAC quite nicely (noticeably better than Android).

I have the originals (White Marble) and was looking to upgrade, but if they don't have AAC or multipoint, I won't do it for just the battery and ANC (I also have the WF-1000XM3).

Oct 23, 2019 at 1:06 PM Post #13,999 of 62,112
Just purchased these B&O clones. You can use promo code EARBUDSOFF to knock off $19.99. In my haste, I actually forgot to use it, so I sent the seller a message to see if they will refund me the difference, instead of having to return then re-buy (after testing them to see if they rock, of course).

upload_2019-10-23_10-5-11.png

Oct 23, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #14,000 of 62,112
So the new MW07 plus supports multi point? Wow, shame that there doesn't seem to be an app with additional settings and EQ. And Sennheiser remains the only company that got APTX LL on their TWS. :frowning2:

Oct 23, 2019 at 1:19 PM Post #14,001 of 62,112
Just purchased these B&O clones. You can use promo code EARBUDSOFF to knock off $19.99. In my haste, I actually forgot to use it, so I sent the seller a message to see if they will refund me the difference, instead of having to return then re-buy (after testing them to see if they rock, of course).

I had been eyeing those, but waiting for a sale. Thanks!

Oct 23, 2019 at 1:27 PM Post #14,002 of 62,112

Can't read screenshots unfortunately. what's the name of them?

Oct 23, 2019 at 2:00 PM Post #14,004 of 62,112

Seems to be a rebrand of the UiiSii TWS60.

Oct 23, 2019 at 2:14 PM Post #14,005 of 62,112
Seems to be a rebrand of the UiiSii TWS60.
Funny you say that, because I actually took a look at your review before I purchased these because I remembered you reviewed something that appeared similar. :)

Compared to the UiiSii, t looks like the KOSETON has no light on the face of the earbuds, the inside face of the earbuds appears a little less curved and almost identical to the B&O, the mic is in a different position (the same position as the B&O), 9 hours quoted playtime vs. 4 hours, and have a Qualcomm SoC. They're even called the KOSETON "E8". LOL!

I'm hoping these things sound great, but we shall see!

Oct 23, 2019 at 3:08 PM Post #14,006 of 62,112
Oct 23, 2019 at 3:46 PM Post #14,007 of 62,112
I thought only iphone users would care about aac support... You have aptx on android...
In the event AptX has terrible connectivity, AAC might fare better and typically SBC is the best.

Oct 23, 2019 at 4:47 PM Post #14,008 of 62,112
They must have changed the tuning. They are unabashedly warm and bass heavy, yet fun to listen to. I have to EQ them a little, but I like them and they are a good knock around pair for the gym or any noisy environment where you may need that additional bass thump. As a matter of fact, I used them just today doing some yard work.
Are you talking about these?

Oct 23, 2019 at 5:12 PM Post #14,009 of 62,112
Well, I just got the SoundPeets Truengine SE and i'd have to say out of all the cheap TWS's i've heard these are probably one of the absolute worst as far as tuning is concerned. TruGarbage SE. I like the fit and the buttons are easy to press, almost too easy. Great compact case, nice design, although the clear plastic looks a bit cheap. I can say however these win the award for the worst Qualcomm 3020 chipset TWS i've heard. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back