Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 22, 2019 at 8:45 PM Post #13,966 of 62,573
Getting more TWS = soothing the soul!

yes! new TWS is much more exciting than getting a new wired ones. there's that added "new toy" feeling to it

Oct 22, 2019 at 9:19 PM Post #13,967 of 62,573
Totally unrelated ... dug up my only pair of bone conducting BT .. now, here's a technology I am glad I did not follow into the rabbit hole :) Works nice for pling pling piano muzak though :) Anyone else tried those?

I own what is widely accepted as the best bone conduction headphone - the Aftershokz Titanium (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018XNGQOE).

It leaves a lot to be desired, although it is head and shoulders above every other bone conduction headphone I’ve ever tried.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2019 at 9:32 PM Post #13,968 of 62,573
Those of you having mic problems with the L2P, please try deleting the app (after setting the controls and equalizer as you’d like) and see if the mic quality improves. I was having bad call quality, bad voice memo quality and random Bluetooth disconnections when using the mic, and deleting the app seems to have helped.

After an exchange of several emails with M&D support, I just got an email from them stating “I have confirmed the MW07 Plus does not support AAC at this time.” Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I suppose the words “at this time” allows some hope that they will support AAC in the future.

What in the wild wild world of sports is a’ goin on here!? Is AAC support something that can be added in a firmware update?

Oct 22, 2019 at 9:36 PM Post #13,969 of 62,573
Damn that's not great at all. I've been listening to them and the sound quality still sounds great to my ears, but this is obviously unideal. Did they say if they would/when they might support it?

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2019 at 10:26 PM Post #13,972 of 62,573
What in the wild wild world of sports is a’ goin on here!? Is AAC support something that can be added in a firmware update?

Unfortunately there’s no app for the MW07+, so it will be difficult to update the firmware. M&D could provide an app, or they could provide a computer based update methodology. (The Samsung Galaxy Buds have a computer based way to update firmware — that I think works on both Windows and Mac computers — for people who aren’t using Android based phones.) Or, I suppose they could just update the earphones in-factory and swap them out. As I’ve said before, I’m not counting on any such solution. My assumption is that what we have is what we’ll get. If they sound great to you via SBC — or if you’re using a phone that supports Apt-x — keep them. I’m going to return them on principle alone, unless they provide an update path quickly. For the price, they should support AAC.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2019 at 10:39 PM Post #13,973 of 62,573
Unfortunately there’s no app for the MW07+, so it will be difficult to update the firmware. M&D could provide an app, or they could provide a computer based update methodology. (The Samsung Galaxy Buds have a computer based way to update firmware — that I think works on both Windows and Mac computers — for people who aren’t using Android based phones.) Or, I suppose they could just update the earphones in-factory and swap them out. As I’ve said before, I’m not counting on any such solution. My assumption is that what we have is what we’ll get. If they sound great to you via SBC — or if you’re using a phone that supports Apt-x — keep them. I’m going to return them on principle alone, unless they provide an update path quickly. For the price, they should support AAC.

I agree with you. Even if they sound good to me that's ridiculous. There are $30 TWS that have AAC support.

Oct 22, 2019 at 10:54 PM Post #13,976 of 62,573
I agree with you. Even if they sound good to me that's ridiculous. There are $30 TWS that have AAC support.
Are there $30 TWS that sound with AAC as good as MW07 with SBC? Can't understand this codec worship. If they sound great to you why would you care what codec is it? MW07 only show to what degree for wireless IEM's good driver and proper accoustic design are more important than the type of codec.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2019 at 11:14 PM Post #13,977 of 62,573
Are there $30 TWS that sound with AAC as good as MW07 with SBC? Can't understand this codec worship. If they sound great to you why would you care what codec is it? MW07 only show to what degree for wireless IEM's good driver and proper accoustic design are more important than the type of codec.

I haven’t found a $30 IEM that sounds better than the WM07+, but the $149 Liberty 2 Pro sounds better on my iPhone (and costs half what the MW07+ costs). I also don’t want to reward the bad choice not to include the AAC codec. It’s just silly.

Oct 22, 2019 at 11:15 PM Post #13,978 of 62,573
No aac on mw07 go confirmed via samsung note. Edit same sublime sound

How do you like the MW07 Go otherwise? I stopped by a Best Buy today and saw the black ones were on display and they looked pretty sweet (really like the smaller form factor). Didn't have any on the shelves yet unfortunately.

Oct 22, 2019 at 11:21 PM Post #13,979 of 62,573
I own what is widely accepted as the best none conduction headphone - the Aftershokz Titanium (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018XNGQOE).

It leaves a lot to be desired, although it is head and shoulders above every other bone conduction headphone I’ve ever tried.
I tried a pair out for a few days a while back and honestly given the variant nature of their noisemaking and especially given that they're intended for inherently noisy environments wherein you want to be able to hear said environmental noise they're pretty dang good. I'd still be rocking them except I couldn't get a stable fit—I think the "cable" loop wanted to rest right where my ponytail does—and the "earpieces" would get nudged out of position every time I looked up or down more than just a hair and given the nature of how they make sound that basically meant I couldn't hear them clearly until I returned my head to the level. Tried the Air and both sizes of Titanium. Ah well. Maybe if they come out with an over-the-head form factor...

Oct 22, 2019 at 11:26 PM Post #13,980 of 62,573

I'm gonna give a full review in a couple days. Definitely not saying they're bad, in fact I find them to sound very good, but I do find it absurd that a $300 pair of TWS doesn't have basic features.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back