Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 21, 2019 at 4:59 PM Post #13,879 of 62,135
Hey guys long time lurker some times poster anyway. I was debating on mifo 05 vs Sabbat e12 ultra. But then reading here I wanted to get shingling mtw100 but I found a par of refurbished jabras I was wondering what everyone's thoughts are and what I should do? I like the passthrough abilty because I wanna wear these at work but I'm used to using my over ear akg Q701s what ones would have a good sound quality? I also mostly listen to down tempo and mellow music like nujabes and Home.

Thanks everyone!

Oct 21, 2019 at 5:00 PM Post #13,880 of 62,135
Gotcha. Yeah, I was hoping there was a way without actually having to go out and buy a Mac. I did just buy a new computer last month, so time to upgrade? :wink:

Apple "Genius": "So what brings you in to the Apple Store today?"

Me: "Looking for a MacBook."

Apple "Genius": "So what are you planning on using it for? Reports? Gaming?"

Me: "Looking up codecs"

Apple "Genius": "What's a co-deck?"

Classic Hifi80sman!! I wish I could of been there for this convo. Did you say "Do you even bluetooth bruh?"

Oct 21, 2019 at 5:08 PM Post #13,881 of 62,135
I think I've tried 4-5 versions of Bluetooth Explorer in different Additional Tools for Xcode "X" in Catalina. No AptX...
That's why i'm staying on Mojave for a while. My BT explorer works fine and I haven't seen this talked about on here, but all I have to do to figure out what codec i'm using it play a song and hit option and click on Bluetooth then highlight my device. Is that the same method you are using? I know to force AptX and changed the bit rate of AAC etc. I have to use the BT explorer in the dev tools.

Oct 21, 2019 at 5:13 PM Post #13,882 of 62,135
Liberty 2 pro feedback. Ive had for a week now.

Source is iPhone xs using neutron with some flac files, also Spotify(high quality) and soundcloud with standard quality because they want money for higher bitrates. in terms of music its been classic rock, alternative, rap, and lots of techno. Oh, and that new tool album has been on repeat last few days.

Comfort has been stellar for me. I think the longest session I've had was over 5 hours.. No issues at all.

Battery life is great. I don't really have anything to compare them to but I get ~7 hours per charge. Charging case is very compact. Working well, fast charging.

Voice quality during calls is rather inconsistent. I can't figure out what exactly is going on, but sometimes the receiving end has zero issues and sometimes pretty bad. I think if you are using both headphones the sound is better than just using one of them which is really annoying. They might be able to fix it with some firmware updates but I don't have much hope.

Sound quality is sublime overall. I am very surprised to be honest. They only thing is, for me personally, I had to use the soundcore app and pick an EQ that brings out the mids a bit more... So I either have it on rock or electronic. The default doesn't do it for me. low end is lush af lol .. punchy but yet not overwhelming, and it stays out of the way for the rest to come trough.

I have some decent in ear and over the ear equipment and I have to say that if I had to pick a pair for the day, or for travel, I would go for the soundcore. They've done a great job. Dare I say a bit over engineered for the price.

I saw that there is a firmware update. Hopefully it does something for the voice calls.

Really curious to see what apple does with the next airpods "pro" or whatever, but for now I will stick with these.

Oct 21, 2019 at 5:15 PM Post #13,883 of 62,135
What is the consensus on the new MW07 lineup? I have been holding out on Wireless headphones (mostly because I do not want to purchase airpods) and so far nothing has fit the bill (cough Sony call quality issues)

Oct 21, 2019 at 5:30 PM Post #13,884 of 62,135
That's why i'm staying on Mojave for a while. My BT explorer works fine and I haven't seen this talked about on here, but all I have to do to figure out what codec i'm using it play a song and hit option and click on Bluetooth then highlight my device. Is that the same method you are using? I know to force AptX and changed the bit rate of AAC etc. I have to use the BT explorer in the dev tools.
Yes, that's the method I've been using. Both AptX and AAC worked with Mojave, but I got on the Catalina beta train early, and haven't had AptX since... :frowning2:

Oct 21, 2019 at 5:34 PM Post #13,885 of 62,135
Hey guys, new to posting on this thread, but have been reading it for a while. My MW07+ is coming in tomorrow and I'm going to post a full review after I do some listening and testing for a couple days. I know people have had a tough time connecting to AAC and AptX so I'm going to test that and see if they have fixed this issue. I did e-mail M&D and they stated affirmatively that the MW07+ does support AAC, but we'll see. Also wanted to say this is a great thread and thanks to those who continue to contribute!

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2019 at 5:35 PM Post #13,886 of 62,135
Has anyone had their TRN T200 ship? I bought mine on FastTech and it's been in a "Order Received" status for almost a month now. The ETA for shipping gets pushed by 5-7 days every week and their support ticket system seems abysmal.

I got impatient and after the reviews popped up mentioning background noise I cancelled

https://m.intl.taobao.com/detail/detail.html?id=604024627999&spm=a2141.7631565.banner_21676505910.0

Although reviews are decent, well from what I read with Google translator

Oct 21, 2019 at 5:35 PM Post #13,887 of 62,135
"Do you even bluetooth bruh?"
AHAHAHA! Too funny.

Seriously, it's like asking an employee at WalMart a question.

Source is iPhone xs using neutron with some flac files, also Spotify(high quality) and soundcloud with standard quality because they want money for higher bitrates. in terms of music its been classic rock, alternative, rap, and lots of techno. Oh, and that new tool album has been on repeat last few days.

Comfort has been stellar for me. I think the longest session I've had was over 5 hours.. No issues at all.

Battery life is great. I don't really have anything to compare them to but I get ~7 hours per charge. Charging case is very compact. Working well, fast charging.

Voice quality during calls is rather inconsistent. I can't figure out what exactly is going on, but sometimes the receiving end has zero issues and sometimes pretty bad. I think if you are using both headphones the sound is better than just using one of them which is really annoying. They might be able to fix it with some firmware updates but I don't have much hope.

Sound quality is sublime overall. I am very surprised to be honest. They only thing is, for me personally, I had to use the soundcore app and pick an EQ that brings out the mids a bit more... So I either have it on rock or electronic. The default doesn't do it for me. low end is lush af lol .. punchy but yet not overwhelming, and it stays out of the way for the rest to come trough.

I have some decent in ear and over the ear equipment and I have to say that if I had to pick a pair for the day, or for travel, I would go for the soundcore. They've done a great job. Dare I say a bit over engineered for the price.

I saw that there is a firmware update. Hopefully it does something for the voice calls.

Really curious to see what apple does with the next airpods "pro" or whatever, but for now I will stick with these.
Oh, nice. Updating the Liberty 2 and Pros as we speak. Let's see if the hissing is gone...

Oct 21, 2019 at 5:36 PM Post #13,888 of 62,135
Yes, that's the method I've been using. Both AptX and AAC worked with Mojave, but I got on the Catalina beta train early, and haven't had AptX since... :frowning2:
I find this odd, as Qualcomm and Apple have settled their lawsuit. Maybe Apple is working on their lossless codec...

Oct 21, 2019 at 5:40 PM Post #13,889 of 62,135

I'm on Version 1.09 for the L2pro. which is the one mine came with. Is there a newer one than that? I was also told by Anker support the new models will be out in 2-3 weeks for those wishing to exchange due to hissing and bad call quality.

Oct 21, 2019 at 5:50 PM Post #13,890 of 62,135
Hello Ladies and Gents. :beerchug:Any good bargains?:ksc75smile: Who has the most TWS now?:balloon: Got a photo spread on the ways. :bulb:Stay tuned.:soon:
Welcome back! You have a bit of catching up to do! :wink:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back