Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 18, 2019 at 7:44 AM Post #13,681 of 62,742
Oct 18, 2019 at 7:56 AM Post #13,682 of 62,742
We wanted to say ‘Thank you’ for your patience while we make the NuraLoop perfect for you. Quality takes time, and we appreciate you waiting to get the best possible version of the NuraLoop. The original design for the NuraLoop used a new concept in earphone design. It comprised a flexible printed circuit board through the cable, a world-first for earphones — but it didn't meet our exacting standards during reliability testing. So our team worked day and night to solve the problem. Our solution has just passed the 20,000 bend-cycles test — a new durable cable replaces the braided design, and the NuraLoop now feels more a part of our family of products.

NuraLoop.jpg

Oct 18, 2019 at 8:10 AM Post #13,683 of 62,742
After a few hours of use with the power beats pro I think they are a keeper. They connect faster than anything I have so far. As for range the Sony still hold that by far. As for sound, the Sony and Sennheiser are quite a bit better. The PBP have a smooth sound with great bass and they're soundstage to me seems wider than what I have read. I should mention that I have Spinfits on (just like Frank's Red Hot saying, I put that sh@t on everything).
My biggest plus for keeping these are how secured they are on my head. They are not going anywhere and they are so light you forgot that they are even on. Button are easy to push, just put your finger on the button and barely press and it will do what you need.

Oct 18, 2019 at 8:37 AM Post #13,684 of 62,742
Please report on them immediately. It is your duty. I am particularly interested in the quality of the ANC.
It's really poor apparently -> https://appleinsider.com/articles/1...-the-best-true-wireless-headphones-but-better

"They also are used for Feedforward Active Noise-Cancellation to help reduce background noise. In our testing, we wouldn't say they are an afterthought, but they certainly aren't impressive. We could tell when it was active and it did have an impact, but there are always going to be limitations to feedforward ANC. Feedforward ANC relies on microphones outside the earpiece so it can't hear what you hear, nor adjust to the audio on the fly. To ensure it doesn't make your audio sound bad or in rare cases make the background noise louder, the ANC is quite reserved."

The QC20 have mics inside for sure (Feedback mode), not sure if the Sony XM3 or Libratone have that too.
EDIT - after reading up I found they both have FF and Feedback ANC.

@bronco1015 - there comparison pictures of the MW07PLUS (same size as orginal) and the Go here https://appleinsider.com/articles/1...ynamic-mw07-go-bring-premium-audio-to-the-gym

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2019 at 9:41 AM Post #13,686 of 62,742
Long time small ears lurker, coming out of shadows. Just got the Ayake 04 (mifo 04) today. They are really small. Does anyone have them or the Shanling MTW and the Mifo 05? Are they the same size? cos now thinking whether to get the O5 as well.

Oct 18, 2019 at 10:29 AM Post #13,689 of 62,742
Finally got my Liberty Pro 2.

Build seems great and lovely case, packaging etc. Fit is comfortable although they do stick out of my ears a bit further than I was expecting. Sound seems impressive for TWS although a tad bass heavy (setting eq to flat is better). Could do with a custom eq option in the app, hopefully they will add in a update. Found the physical buttons pretty good, don't really get on with touch controls I have tried.

Unfortunately the background hiss is present. Sounds fine with loud music but at low volumes or in audio books it is very noticeable. I can hear a slight hiss on my old RHA ma650 wireless but it's so faint I only notice if looking for it, but on the L2Pro it's much more present. Probably similar level of hiss to my zs10 pro + kz aptx hd adaptor combo, not had a chance to do a proper comparison yet. With all 3 the hiss is only present when receiving audio and doesn't vary with volume, most noticeable if listening to track with long silent intro, audio books etc.

Not convinced this is just a bad unit, just sounds like noise floor from the amp is coming through louder than typical bluetooth headphones. I assume in these devices the amp always runs 100% and volume is controlled in pre-amp DAC stage, hence hiss volume is not effected by volume control. Guess the DAC / Amp setup is pretty much the same across all the Anker Liberty 2 range but could be the BA in the pro's picks up the noise more...

Could live with them given that at higher volumes music does sound great, but will probably exchange if they do fix it in a revised version without compromising anything else. Given the hype and price point the hiss is a disappointment. Probably not any worse than my kz aptx hd adaptor but that only cost $18.

I'm now totally sold on the freedom of true wireless, never really got on with wires or bulky over ear headphones. Convinced that "prefect" set is possible, for me the L2Pro is really close but the hiss lets it down.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #13,690 of 62,742
Long time small ears lurker, coming out of shadows. Just got the Ayake 04 (mifo 04) today. They are really small. Does anyone have them or the Shanling MTW and the Mifo 05? Are they the same size? cos now thinking whether to get the O5 as well.

Can't say I've ever seen those 04 before, the case looks identical to the Shanling.
I love my Mifo 05 BA and can very much recommend them.

I think @vstolpner has both, maybe he can say more, I know he is in love with the Shanling :wink:

Oct 18, 2019 at 11:38 AM Post #13,692 of 62,742
Can't say I've ever seen those 04 before, the case looks identical to the Shanling.
I love my Mifo 05 BA and can very much recommend them.

I think @vstolpner has both, maybe he can say more, I know he is in love with the Shanling :wink:

Lol I wouldn't say that I'm in love with them... But I really do enjoy their sound :)

The earphones of the Shanling MTW100 and the mifo O5 are identical in size. The cases are very different though and my preference is for the Shanling case. I don't think it makes sense to have both BA models as their sound is quite similar, though IMO the sound from the Shanling's is superior (see more details in my review).

I'm not sure about the O4, but the MTW100 has audio passthrough mode which is great.

Oct 18, 2019 at 11:54 AM Post #13,693 of 62,742
Lol I wouldn't say that I'm in love with them... But I really do enjoy their sound :)

The earphones of the Shanling MTW100 and the mifo O5 are identical in size. The cases are very different though and my preference is for the Shanling case. I don't think it makes sense to have both BA models as their sound is quite similar, though IMO the sound from the Shanling's is superior (see more details in my review).

I'm not sure about the O4, but the MTW100 has audio passthrough mode which is great.

According to amazon.uk they have ambient mode ... One could suspect these are rebranded Shanling DDs?

Oct 18, 2019 at 11:55 AM Post #13,694 of 62,742
Guess the DAC / Amp setup is pretty much the same across all the Anker Liberty 2 range but could be the BA in the pro's picks up the noise more...

Well, the overwhelming majority of Bluetooth earphones/headphones/receivers use the same few CSR/Qualcomm chips inside them. For true wireless earphones especially, that means that you’re stuck with the DAC and amp that Qualcomm baked into the chip, since you’re constrained by size, weight and power (headphones and receivers have more space to add their own DACs and amps). The only true wireless brands that buck the trend are Apple and Sony, who have the resources to develop their own Bluetooth audio chips.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #13,695 of 62,742
According to amazon.uk they have ambient mode ... One could suspect these are rebranded Shanling DDs?
I don't believe they're rebranded. I think they're using the same shell, but the internals are different. Shanling was taking about how they were choosing the different drivers, tuning them, and figuring out the touch controls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back