Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 8, 2019 at 9:43 PM Post #13,126 of 62,385
Got to finally audition the Powerbeats Pro yesterday ... and darn they sound smooth ... really wanna have ... but ... i cannot really stomach paying what could buy me 8 cheapo chi fi :wink: ... it does not sound THAT much better .. .actually, i think my Bonola sound about the same ... maybe 3% less, but is that worth the price difference? Sure, that H1 chip is impressive the first time you pair them ...

Oh, for you US folks, while I was checking reviews (while listening) i saw that several outlets dropped the price of the Powerbeats to 199$ (Walmart, Amazon and even Apple themselves ... seasonal special?) ...
One thing I found in reviews was a complaint about erratic connectivity issues while running .. this is a major turn off ... maybe its an isolated case (though they got a replacement from apple which was only somewhat better) ... so .. I guess I will try those B10 TWS lookalikes from AliX for 28$ instead :D

b10pbp.jpg

Oct 8, 2019 at 10:05 PM Post #13,127 of 62,385
Got to finally audition the Powerbeats Pro yesterday ... and darn they sound smooth ... really wanna have ... but ... i cannot really stomach paying what could buy me 8 cheapo chi fi :wink: ... it does not sound THAT much better .. .actually, i think my Bonola sound about the same ... maybe 3% less, but is that worth the price difference? Sure, that H1 chip is impressive the first time you pair them ...

Oh, for you US folks, while I was checking reviews (while listening) i saw that several outlets dropped the price of the Powerbeats to 199$ (Walmart, Amazon and even Apple themselves ... seasonal special?) ...
One thing I found in reviews was a complaint about erratic connectivity issues while running .. this is a major turn off ... maybe its an isolated case (though they got a replacement from apple which was only somewhat better) ... so .. I guess I will try those B10 TWS lookalikes from AliX for 28$ instead :D

I love my PB pro. I've sung their praises here before. Sq is excellent. smooth is a good word. When you compare them back to back to something like the tfz no.3 over bt20, they fall behind a bit but they are right up there in sq with the best of them. Combine that with excellent battery life and rock solid fit they are a winner at 200 bucks. Definitely beat anything I've heard in that price bracket. Maybe only fall short of the mw07 actually

As an aside, the liberty pros are getting positive early reviews I have high hopes for them. still waiting on my shipping notification which is annoying since they were available for Thursday delivery on amazon this am I'm cutting them a little slack since the preorder price was 50 less.

Oct 8, 2019 at 11:22 PM Post #13,128 of 62,385
I can verify the Yineme's are not clones, they have a totally different sound signature.
So you got the Yineme not the G-Wack? I recall your post had a photo of the G-Wack and you mentioned it did not have USB-C which seems odd as Yineme BE30 did have it, according to their site and reviewers. What seems to have happened was that Yineme was the former listing on that page and carried over the reviews, but the G-Wack took over the listing afterwards.

Letscom BE30 seems legit although some of them have been sent in unbranded boxes by sellers claiming to be Anbes. The "Air" supposedly sounds the same as the Anbes 359 but if it does, I'm actually kinda disappointed as the Coolhere UFO had much brighter and detailed highs, but at the cost of clipping (with piano tracks especially), suggesting most of the alterations are done digitally beyond the limits of the driver.

Wondering if anyone here has tried BE30R? Seems Lenovo H1 is based on them - the housings are triangular not unlike Galaxy Buds or Tranya T3. The OEM just inquired me again about them but it seems they want it purchased in bulk. The Bluetooth chipset is "JL" which I haven't heard of before.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...482.html?spm=a2700.8443308.0.0.27853e5fn6ETcH

https://fccid.io/2ATPE-BE30R/User-Manual/User-manual-4424638

Also wondering about Jabees Beeing and BNA1. The latter has a similar shell to BE30R but with touch controls. The case seems to be microUSB although the specs say Type C, which might mean it was changed. Unfortunately neither has ambient sound.
https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...h-Earphone-Touch-Control-TWS_62006571619.html

Oct 8, 2019 at 11:34 PM Post #13,129 of 62,385
So you got the Yineme not the G-Wack? I recall your post had a photo of the G-Wack and you mentioned it did not have USB-C which seems odd as Yineme BE30 did have it, according to their site and reviewers. What seems to have happened was that Yineme was the former listing on that page and carried over the reviews, but the G-Wack took over the listing afterwards.

Letscom BE30 seems legit although some of them have been sent in unbranded boxes by sellers claiming to be Anbes. The "Air" supposedly sounds the same as the Anbes 359 but if it does, I'm actually kinda disappointed as the Coolhere UFO had much brighter and detailed highs, but at the cost of clipping (with piano tracks especially), suggesting most of the alterations are done digitally beyond the limits of the driver.

Wondering if anyone here has tried BE30R? Seems Lenovo H1 is based on them - the housings are triangular not unlike Galaxy Buds or Tranya T3. The OEM just inquired me again about them but it seems they want it purchased in bulk. The Bluetooth chipset is "JL" which I haven't heard of before.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...482.html?spm=a2700.8443308.0.0.27853e5fn6ETcH

https://fccid.io/2ATPE-BE30R/User-Manual/User-manual-4424638

Also wondering about Jabees Beeing and BNA1. The latter has a similar shell to BE30R but with touch controls. The case seems to be microUSB although the specs say Type C, which might mean it was changed. Unfortunately neither has ambient sound.
https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...h-Earphone-Touch-Control-TWS_62006571619.html
I had 2 versions of the Yineme's,This one was sold by G-Wack on amazon I believe it was called the S30 or SE30. Here is the other one the BE32.

Oct 9, 2019 at 1:56 AM Post #13,130 of 62,385
I had 2 versions of the Yineme's,This one was sold by G-Wack on amazon I believe it was called the S30 or SE30. Here is the other one the BE32.
Yeah I don't see Yineme actually mentioned anymore, but the reviews on the first link are mostly describing the Yineme BE30, which does have USB-C and comes in 3 colours. It does not have the battery LED.

It seems you can still purchase it directly from their site: https://yineme.com/products/ufo-wir...ear-earphone-sport-in-ear-noise-cancel-iphone

Oct 9, 2019 at 9:53 AM Post #13,133 of 62,385
Hoco question:
Anyone know these / have these (ES 25)? Surprised to find them here (Singapore @ Mustafa, thanks again @karloil ) at pretty much the same price as AliExpress ...
Which of course is perfect for impulse buys :)

hocoes25.jpg

So far I could only find some videos in Thai & Vietnamese, the VN video has some helpful comments (in English by some Russian user it seems) in case one has pairing headaches ... but no idea about sound quality ...
The red variant looks kinda pretty :)

Oct 9, 2019 at 9:54 AM Post #13,134 of 62,385
Speaking of lookalikes ... this looks oddly familiar :)

Curious why anyone thought THIS sony look is worth copying ...

there's even a fake copy of them, with similar case, fake copy of the box too, really cheap plastic, and really bad sound. obviously the ANC/ambient mode are nonexistent.

Oct 9, 2019 at 12:59 PM Post #13,136 of 62,385
I've recently got some Lypertek Tevi TWS earbuds and I'm loving them especially with the low profile foam tips that are included. Anyone know where I can get more of these? Do comply do a low profile version?
I messaged Lypertek, since I love the low-profile Flexfit foam tips myself. They said they were out of stock, but it will be possible to order them in a little while. They keep me updated.

Oct 9, 2019 at 2:12 PM Post #13,137 of 62,385
My replacement Tevi's are out for delivery, i'm anxiously eager. Please god, let them sound better than the last pair. I also bought my 3rd pair of T5's this morning on amazon for $35. I've been using my SSK's everyday since I got them and I'm happy to say the sound has improved, they now sound exactly like my 359's.

Oct 9, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #13,138 of 62,385
Amazing news! I asked them if they are developing an app for the Tevi's and they said they are expecting to release an Android and iPhone app some time in November.

For the past couple of years I've been using my Shure SE215's and so when I decided to take the plunge on the Tevi's after I'd read here so much about them having little to no low end I was extremely pleasantly surprised when my Tevi's matched my SE2125's for bass. Delighted with these Tevi's just need some tips now!

Oct 9, 2019 at 2:54 PM Post #13,139 of 62,385
My replacement Tevi's are out for delivery, i'm anxiously eager. Please god, let them sound better than the last pair. I also bought my 3rd pair of T5's this morning on amazon for $35. I've been using my SSK's everyday since I got them and I'm happy to say the sound has improved, they now sound exactly like my 359's.

Yeah let us know. I sent the TEVI back. To me they are basically a MPOW T5 with fabric on the case and some minor tuning. And w the MPOW only $35 bucks......?

Oct 9, 2019 at 3:00 PM Post #13,140 of 62,385
I feel you man. I was really disappointed myself. Sighs.... Now I have to unbox them again and test AptX on my Mac.:wink:
They don't sound bad, but they are boomy as hell. I love bass, but it has to be somewhat balanced and accurate. What do you guys say? Layered? I dunno, These Hit HARD and not in the way the Tranya T3 does. If you have a good EQ, unlike my stupid Iphone, They could be real winners, but the SSKs highs and balance just sounds way better to me.

Here's are two incredibly good (imho) EQ apps for your iphone, same dev... https://apps.apple.com/us/app/highamp-mp3-music-player/id1359487085 - or - https://apps.apple.com/us/app/highstereo-mp3-music-player/id1164322969
10 or 30 band, + preset & programmable curves, with independent rotary Bass & Treble controls for on the fly granular adjustments.
The highlight being the rotary controls - quickly adjustable on top of an EQ curve.

(some marketing prose from the dev)...
- Better sounds quality with Bass, Treble and Equalizer
- All music collections including Youtube, Apple Music, iPod library, files in your PC and files in Clouds.
- Supports various audio formats such as mp3, flac, ape, opus, ogg etc.
- 100K radio stations.

This app's transformed my own TWS experience. I've no affiliation with the product, .and if there are better EQ apps out there for the iphone, somebody please tell me. I'd like to know about it. Fwiw.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back