Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 8, 2019 at 8:30 AM Post #13,096 of 62,646
I have used my GBuds for phone calls many times before I got my Sabbat E12U and in quiet environment, they are not bad, but if you are in for example a supermarket, the microphone pick up a lot of background noise thus making making your voice sounds muffled.
Here I am wishing that some company put BLON bl03 driver and tuning into a TWS. :sweat_smile:
Yeah I've only used my Gbuds for calls in the house so far. The Tranyas I've used outside with a light wind and street noise and everyone says it wasn't noticable until I asked about it, then they could hear it faintly if they listened for it.

Oct 8, 2019 at 8:55 AM Post #13,097 of 62,646
I 100% agree. I use the JVC Spinfits and I have some Auvios, I really need to find a way to shorten the stems on the Auvios, I like them but they are too long. Also, the JVC's give a little more mids and highs in TWS's i've used them on, but i'm sure you already know that :ksc75smile:

Where are you finding the 359? All I see are the 358 and 360.

Oct 8, 2019 at 9:37 AM Post #13,099 of 62,646
So I may have missed it, but has anyone compared the Shanling or other good quality TWS vs the Senn Momentum TWS? I would mostly be interested in sound quality comparisons between them. I don't care much about call quality, etc.

How do they compare with bass, mids, treble, dynamic sound, speed, warmth, bright, soundstage, depth, transparency, etc.

I like detailed, dynamic, semi bright sound with good bass, and should have good connectivity.

I appreciate the posts that talk about all the good buys for tws under $100, however I would be more inclined to go straight it to the top if needed to get the sound quality I want.

Sorry for the re-post, hoping to get some input.

Oct 8, 2019 at 10:10 AM Post #13,101 of 62,646
Was wondering if I could get any recommendations on a TWS under $100.

I like Harman tuning. I also have an iPhone so I need it support AAC codec. Will be used strictly for commuting on train so it needs to isolate wel too. I see the tevi, tranya, mpow t5 and sabbat e12 ultra being praised in here. Are any tuned to the harman target? I know the Galaxy buds are harman tuned but I heard it doesn’t play nice with an iPhone.

My current setup for mobile/portable use is the Moondrop KXXS and Fearless Audio S8F with ES100. Sometimes I’ll pair a KZ ZS10 Pro with the TRN BT3 as my mobile solution (tried paring with BT20S but felt they were uncomfortable)

Any recommends are appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #13,104 of 62,646
Everyone I've spoken to while using the B530s couldn't tell that I was using a bluetooth device. I have only made 1 call on my Galaxy Buds and got no complaints from it either. For music and videos, I love the sound of both but the Gbuds are less bassy and fun but more "real"sounding, especially for dialogue and vocals.

It's really hard to compare a corded IEM to a TWS. It's especially hard to beat a good budget hybrid IEM. I'd say the ZSN beats both of them in just about every category except convenience. I still find myself using my TWS more often though because they sound more than good enough and I hate cords!
I've had the same feedback with the Tranya T3. Out of all the TWS' I have People tell me the sound the best on calls.

Oct 8, 2019 at 11:48 AM Post #13,107 of 62,646
Here's another "do not buy" Supology V16. Sound quality is BASSSSSS mids are meh and the high end is extremely rolled off. Basically they are muddy. The fit is kind of fun, but the ear guides seem out of place even though they are comfy and work well. The stems are kind of cheap plastic and pretty long. I was able to get the the left bud to seal and I could hear some driver flex while fitting it, but the right ear would not no matter what tips I tried. Other than that they are built well and the touch controls work great, connection is great, no volume control, but the Qualcomm CVC worked for calls. Metal case is cool but heavy and has a weird hinge. Save your money.

Oct 8, 2019 at 1:06 PM Post #13,109 of 62,646
Anyone with the Kissral R18/Anbes 359/SSK use Android? And do you think using AAC makes any difference at all? I can't seem to hear a difference really.

I'm using Android. To my ears, it sounds better than the Mpow T5 which is using aptx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back