Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 9, 2019 at 6:01 PM Post #13,156 of 62,436
Looking forward to your impressions of the replacement pair. If you think they are bass light/non-existent, I know I definitely will.
Unfortunately it's the same sound, I switched to the Auvio tips and they have a touch more bass, but man... when every song you play has louder, drums, vocals and guitars than the bass, that's a clear indication to me that this is not a real Flat or Audiophile tuning. I mean I can hear the kick drum and the bass guitar, but they are not prominent. Treble and mid lovers with love these, but forget about turning them up loud.

Oct 9, 2019 at 6:03 PM Post #13,157 of 62,436
Amazing news! I asked them if they are developing an app for the Tevi's and they said they are expecting to release an Android and iPhone app some time in November.

For the past couple of years I've been using my Shure SE215's and so when I decided to take the plunge on the Tevi's after I'd read here so much about them having little to no low end I was extremely pleasantly surprised when my Tevi's matched my SE2125's for bass. Delighted with these Tevi's just need some tips now!
I probably don't know what i'm talking about here, but when I try to EQ the TEVI's in Spotify, it sounds bad. I'm assuming the TEVI's app will be better?

Oct 9, 2019 at 6:09 PM Post #13,158 of 62,436
Searched the thread for the name AIKELA and didn't see anything. Are these rebrands of something else?

Wireless Earbuds,AIKELA TWS Bluetooth 5.0 Headphones 3500mAh with LED Charging Dock 140H Playtime 3D Stereo Sound Noise Canceling IPX7 Waterproof in-Ear Headset Earphones with Built-in Mic for Sports https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VP2ZV8S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_8LLNDbG42YT04

Oct 9, 2019 at 6:11 PM Post #13,159 of 62,436
Unfortunately it's the same sound, I switched to the Auvio tips and they have a touch more bass, but man... when every song you play has louder, drums, vocals and guitars than the bass, that's a clear indication to me that this is not a real Flat or Audiophile tuning. I mean I can hear the kick drum and the bass guitar, but they are not prominent. Treble and mid lovers with love these, but forget about turning them up loud.
As a drummer, I assume the drums are not accurately represented, eh?

Oct 9, 2019 at 6:48 PM Post #13,161 of 62,436
Just received my Anker Soundcore Liberty Pro 2!

Initial impressions:
Packaging is very, very nice.
The case is way smaller and nicer feeling than I had anticipated - there is even a cover for the USB C port. It's not much bigger than the Anbes case. :D

I'm not going to rush into sound impressions - and I need to download the tuning app - but so far I am VERY excited.

:D I'm going to edit to add photos if I can.
IMG_20191009_1544457.jpg IMG_20191009_1542446.jpg IMG_20191009_1544457.jpg IMG_20191009_1541292.jpg IMG_20191009_1541514.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191009-154916.png
    Screenshot_20191009-154916.png
    172.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20191009_1540214.jpg
    IMG_20191009_1540214.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20191009_1542325.jpg
    IMG_20191009_1542325.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 9, 2019 at 6:52 PM Post #13,162 of 62,436
Just received my Anker Soundcore Liberty Pro 2!

Initial impressions:
Packaging is very, very nice.
The case is way smaller and nicer feeling than I had anticipated - there is even a cover for the USB C port. It's not much bigger than the Anbes case. :D

I'm not going to rush into sound impressions - and I need to download the tuning app - but so far I am VERY excited.

:D I'm going to edit to add photos if I can.

When did you preorder if I may ask? Mine haven't shipped yet.

Oct 9, 2019 at 6:54 PM Post #13,163 of 62,436
Anyone have any insight into the ease of returning items in San Francisco through Aliexpress? Where is the ‘local warehouse’ - I’m worried it’s locally 100km away. Their customer support wasn’t helpful.

I’m half sold on the new Shanling but want to try them out first...

Oct 9, 2019 at 6:56 PM Post #13,164 of 62,436
Yes forgot about the usb-c as well.

I am no pro at all myself, but I have good ears, I like good sound and good music. Love the Tevis, but haven't heard the Mpow T5.
My question to you was only because you seemed so sure about your findings, while the info from Lypertek (and the specs) says otherwise.
It was maybe a little direct formulated, that's just because you have written it a couple of times. Without me actually thinking you had an agenda... :thinking::wink:
I need to get you some T5's and some SSK's because, my man. The Tevi's aren't that great IMO. The sound really good, but have all the bass sucked out of them like a twinkie with no filling. (American Reference LOL) I was shopping for Sub woofers once and someone told me, Have you ever heard anyone say, "Whoa! that's too much bass!" no, because it's the easiest thing to turn down with the least amount of cost to the music, but you can't add bass where it doesn't exist. At least not with the EQ's I have. I'm willing to be wrong about that. Whether or not that's true is objective, but I can guarantee you can make a T5 sound very close to the Tevi, but why would you want to, I want a Tevi with more bass, not a ridiculous amount, but just enough to feel it.

Oct 9, 2019 at 6:56 PM Post #13,165 of 62,436
When did you preorder if I may ask? Mine haven't shipped yet.

I ordered on 9/26 at 10:41AM PST. (I also live right near where they're shipping from in CA - so it took 1 day)

Confirming: Volume Control - I set it to long-press

App is nice, EQ settings work - but I'm charging them fully for now and will update as I refine the settings and go through some of my fav tracks on Tidal.

I am VERY pleased thus far. Will update with comparison photos of Anbes, Nuarl, and LPro2
Edit: sorry - some fumbles here with the photos.

Screenshot_20191009-154916.png IMG_20191009_1600246.jpg IMG_20191009_1601482.jpg IMG_20191009_1601314.jpg IMG_20191009_1601254.jpg IMG_20191009_1600468.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2019 at 7:01 PM Post #13,166 of 62,436
How would you compare the SSK vs the T5?

Neither of them have an app for fine tuning, correct?
Buy them both. They are quite different. The T5 has a lot more mid range, but it's a warm mid range, but the earbud also has good highs, not as good as the SSK. The t5 is ipx7, I shower with mine. It has a more narrow soundstage than the SSK, but for me it's much more comfortable to wear for longer periods of time and it's got a qualcomm chip with CVC 8.0. I have no ideal if the realtek chip in the ssk does, but I haven't had any complaints. They really are two of the best, sub $100 TWS'. I have mentioned this before, but I have 2 pairs of T5's and 3 pair of SSK's 2 are Anbes 359's.

Oct 9, 2019 at 7:17 PM Post #13,167 of 62,436
Are you SURE they support Apple Music? Doesn't look like it does or any music from streaming services, and maybe only files you purchase from YouTube, Apple, etc. I find the marketing to be misleading if that's the case.

Unfortunately, it IS an imperfect world my friend. Easy enough to see that these EQ apps (full-featured as they are) don't work with some streaming services like YouTube or Apple Music. However, if you do have a substantial music library that you maintain on your iphone, and I'd guess that you just might, then, you'll find that's where these apps really shine. Not trying to convince you of the merits of an equalizer, but in the world of compromised audio and inexpensive TW earbuds, these digital tools can make a world of difference, and they're not all created equal. The iTunes player (while not bad in itself, and much better on a Mac with benefit of EQ), just smothers the sound on an iphone, Not even Boom compares to these apps. Set-up a few EQ curves depending upon which set of earbuds you're using and then use the rotary controls to fine tune the sound. All of a sudden, you may have to re-think what you thought some of these TW earbuds sounded like. For me, it was transformative, but I sound like a salesman, and I'm (really) not trying to sell you anything, although I think they are superior offerings. Only mentioning because I wanted to give back something I felt worthwhile to you guys on this thread. I've learned a lot from reading here. You may have found the marketing misleading, but it probably wasn't intentional. If $1.99 for the ad free version isn't worth it to you, you can always check them out for free - with minimal ad BS. You might even be impressed. :)

Oct 9, 2019 at 7:18 PM Post #13,168 of 62,436
I ordered on 9/26 at 10:41AM PST. (I also live right near where they're shipping from in CA - so it took 1 day)

Confirming: Volume Control - I set it to long-press

App is nice, EQ settings work - but I'm charging them fully for now and will update as I refine the settings and go through some of my fav tracks on Tidal.

I am VERY pleased thus far. Will update with comparison photos of Anbes, Nuarl, and LPro2
Edit: sorry - some fumbles here with the photos.

In addition to general impressions, can you comment on how consistent they are in both amplitude and frequency response? While generally good, I have had some Anker products in the past where is one side had better bass response than the other (experienced this with the Liberty Neo and Life NC).

Oct 9, 2019 at 7:19 PM Post #13,169 of 62,436
Buy them both. They are quite different. The T5 has a lot more mid range, but it's a warm mid range, but the earbud also has good highs, not as good as the SSK. The t5 is ipx7, I shower with mine. It has a more narrow soundstage than the SSK, but for me it's much more comfortable to wear for longer periods of time and it's got a qualcomm chip with CVC 8.0. I have no ideal if the realtek chip in the ssk does, but I haven't had any complaints. They really are two of the best, sub $100 TWS'. I have mentioned this before, but I have 2 pairs of T5's and 3 pair of SSK's 2 are Anbes 359's.

I don't have the T5s but I'm in two minds about the Anbes/SSK due to their fit. I've trip tip rolling (SpinFit CP100, CP360, Sony Hybrids, Whirlwind, etc...) but have to come back to the original tips in L size that give great sound when pushed in the canal. Isolation isn't great but acceptable. Do you maybe have to push them in too since you mention not being able to wear them for longer periods ?

Oct 9, 2019 at 9:16 PM Post #13,170 of 62,436
Much appreciation for your response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back