Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 1, 2019 at 11:10 PM Post #12,676 of 62,452
I can see diy getting pricey above $6/driver. But not really sure mass produced something with $12 in drivers needs to be super spendy. I get that there are ways to blow cost on wires and other bits, but don't find that generally gains much on the end product with audio stuff. I get it though, $12 in just a driver is a lot if that is what quality BA drivers cost. I'm getting closer to giving these MTW100's a try. Thanks for the information though. Haven't really researched this much prior.

Go for it. You'll like it.
And Shanling is active on this forum too if you have any questions. Always nice to be and to ask someone directly and that's not always the case for Chi-Fi manufacturers.

Oct 2, 2019 at 12:48 AM Post #12,677 of 62,452
Has anyone compared the tws600 vs Tevi?
My impression of the tws600 was that it had a very clear sound due to it being mid-centric, however the bass was very weak and unacceptable to me, and I am not a basshead. If the Tevi has more bass than the tws600 I think I will go for it.

I have auditioned the TWS600. To my ears, the TWS600 sounded lifeless. No sparkle in the highs. Mids sounded just ok to me, a bit dry to my taste. Plus, the demo unit had issues with Samsung S10s (Mentioned by the sales guy, I wasn't the only 1). If I remember correctly, both seems to have the same amount/quality of bass.

How is the TEVI's isolation in relation to bass response? That is one area the Jabra 65t struggles with - I hear bass at home but once I'm on the train it's drowned out even at high volume. The Jabees Firefly Pro has similarly mediocre isolation, but its bass is still able to preserve its impact (although, it is a midbass-bloated sound to begin with).

I have both. Have you tried changing tips? Changed to Spinfits and it preserved more bass when I'm in public.

Oct 2, 2019 at 1:56 AM Post #12,678 of 62,452
Finally got around to finishing my TRN BT20 case. It's not pretty but works well, and it's USB Type-C :ksc75smile::dt880smile:

20191001_191108.jpg
20191001_191138.jpg

Oct 2, 2019 at 2:27 AM Post #12,679 of 62,452
I have auditioned the TWS600. To my ears, the TWS600 sounded lifeless. No sparkle in the highs. Mids sounded just ok to me, a bit dry to my taste. Plus, the demo unit had issues with Samsung S10s (Mentioned by the sales guy, I wasn't the only 1). If I remember correctly, both seems to have the same amount/quality of bass.

Oh darn... If the Tevi and tws600 have the same amt of recessed bass I don't think I would want it. The tws600 had very recessed bass and the only way I could listen to it was with EQ, and I hate messing around with that.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2019 at 3:43 AM Post #12,681 of 62,452
That's the one issue I have with my Jabra elite 65t. For work purposes they are nearly perfect in every other way. They truly pick up everything around me and people mentioned so many times I stopped using them for business calls.

Picked up the Plantronics UC 6200. Happened to be before the 5200 was released, otherwise I would have gone that route. For calls these are rock solid and do a good job of not picking up surrounding audio. My complaint about the 6200 is they do not have an option for "NO" sidetone. I love that feature on the Jabra. I emailed Plantronics about it and received the usual response of "they'll send along the information but cannot be certain if that will be added".
I just checked the website to see what the position with sidetone and can't see whether the app controls it or even whether the 5100s support it. Does someone who has the 5100 any clue whether it does or is controllable? I'm with you, I either want a little sidetone or none at all. The one thing I did notice reading the specs is that there's no real mute button, which is useful on conf calls so that I don't need to fumble for the phone... used that a lot on the old Backbeat Pro and Bose 700. The only mute on the 5100 appears to be taking it out of the ears...which is nice but not useful.

OTOH the Amazon buds also look good according to the specs. Lots of microphones. Mute. Customisable EQ and buttons. Noise reduction. Possibly better sound. Can tell exactly what the battery case is charged at. $30 cheaper. Probably about the same battery life (5 hours is with noise reduction, so probably more without). Out end of October, so will wait until then...

Oct 2, 2019 at 4:37 AM Post #12,682 of 62,452
I have both. Have you tried changing tips? Changed to Spinfits and it preserved more bass when I'm in public.
Yeah I changed the Jabra 65t to Earfun Free's eartips, which have increased the isolation and seal a fair bit, but it's still far behind other TWS I've tried as of late.

Oct 2, 2019 at 5:49 AM Post #12,683 of 62,452
For Jabra 65T owners out there, I reinstalled the app (not sure where it had gone !) and noticed that there was a FW update dated September 23rd 2019, nothing specific "enhancements and improvements" (or something like that). I'm in the process of doing it.

Oct 2, 2019 at 6:13 AM Post #12,685 of 62,452

You've been able to put some SpinFits on the 65t ? Mine (CP100 just come off). I've been pretty happy with the tip that was posted here a while back, i.e. sticking some comply foam inside the stock eartips to improve the isolation. I could clearly use some LL size of the stock eartips.

Oct 2, 2019 at 7:38 AM Post #12,686 of 62,452
You've been able to put some SpinFits on the 65t ? Mine (CP100 just come off). I've been pretty happy with the tip that was posted here a while back, i.e. sticking some comply foam inside the stock eartips to improve the isolation. I could clearly use some LL size of the stock eartips.

Yes, CP360. Using both on my 65t and Tevi.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2019 at 8:06 AM Post #12,687 of 62,452
For Jabra 65T owners out there, I reinstalled the app (not sure where it had gone !) and noticed that there was a FW update dated September 23rd 2019, nothing specific "enhancements and improvements" (or something like that). I'm in the process of doing it.
I noticed no recent update on my Sound+ app, so I uninstalled it only to find that Sound+ is no longer listed on Play Store :frowning2:

Oct 2, 2019 at 9:15 AM Post #12,688 of 62,452
Strange I typed Jabra and it popped up this morning !

@karloil - thanks, I'll have to give them a try, they fit in the 65t's case ? Some people have posted in the Amazon comments that they also work with the WF-1000xm3. Too bad they're so darn expensive but then they can probably last forever :wink:

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2019 at 9:25 AM Post #12,689 of 62,452
Anyone got the TRN T200, saw it mentioned earlier but no actual review of them. Shape looks comfortable or at least they don't rely solely on tip retention for staying in your ear. Hybrid drivers and APT-X plus AAC are advertised and price seems nice too.

Oct 2, 2019 at 9:34 AM Post #12,690 of 62,452
Anyone got the TRN T200, saw it mentioned earlier but no actual review of them. Shape looks comfortable or at least they don't rely solely on tip retention for staying in your ear. Hybrid drivers and APT-X plus AAC are advertised and price seems nice too.
Mine should be arriving any day now. I will post my impressions after a few test drives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back