Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 15, 2019 at 4:46 AM Post #10,531 of 62,311
is this fall into the category of knock offs though? it does seems to thread the thin line :dt880smile:

I'm curious on how it sounds, but my target now is finding a TWS with high IPX rating to replace my Mifo o5 (right now the MPow T5 is the strongest candidate). also because i already have the BT20s combos for that similar earhook design

I was actually wondering if I might get kickbanned for even mentioning those :wink:

But then I realized that as long as there is not blatant fake Beats / Apple logo infringement (or calling something that looks like an IE800, the 'DIY ie 800') it should be ok ...
heck, apple obviously did not trademark / copyright that airpods form factor, hence tons of clones / look alikes all over the place, I guess the same applies here, plus it is not even trying to be a 1:1 copy and has a few own tricks / functionalities up its sleeve (battery display in % and 10h alleged play time) ...

Since I do not trust my BT20 (no S) to resist my running sweat (nor the IEMs I would attach to them), I have been looking for a form factor like this and I might actually bite ... has been a while and I don't really see anything these days I get excited about (maybe that pebble looking whizzer t2, so far I found one YT review in Russian only) ...

Oh, as for the PBpro formfactor .. the other day I found these ultra cheap - no charging box ones :D

989.jpg

At that price I am not expecting sonic wonders, but this might be interesting for some extreme sport - single use kind of scenarios :D

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2019 at 7:58 AM Post #10,532 of 62,311
but my target now is finding a TWS with high IPX rating to replace my Mifo o5

For fun I checked what AliX has to offer in ipx8 ... and there are some ... but not sure if I would really thrust that rating ... there is THIS one and it's a fun read ... a) they have this image of a guy not only swimming, but diving with them (obviously photoshopped)

ipx8.jpg

but then there is a buyer complaining that it does not work and the seller actually admits that since it has touch controls, it shuts down the earbuds when submersed :)

b) did I not read somewhere that water is really sucky for BT transmissions?

The only earphones I trust for swimming are those Sonys behind the neck wire things, that actually have covered eartips for water use, making sure that no water gets inside. With 4GB memory I can load ample music on them

Which brings me back to something asked here before ... I want some TWS with on board memory!

Aug 15, 2019 at 10:08 AM Post #10,535 of 62,311
I had been sitting on my TRN10 for about a year. Originally bought them to pair with some chifi iems, but the hiss was unbearable. On a whim, I grabbed some KZ ZS7s on amazon and paired them back with the TRN10. In short, the SQ is unsurpassed by anything I have heard to date in a TW iem. It is better than the MW07 which is my gold standard and it is better than the all-in KZ T1. The TRN10 is surprisingly comfortable as well. Obviously, if you are looking for other features such as IP rating, EQ, hear through etc., this is not a solution. But for SQ only, I am floored. In fact, this may keep me out of chasing higher end TW headsets at least for SQ purposes. This total solution was under $75 bucks. I am going to order a new TRN20S from Ali and see if the situation gets any better. Can't believe I waited this long to give this solution a try.

Aug 15, 2019 at 10:14 AM Post #10,536 of 62,311
For fun I checked what AliX has to offer in ipx8 ... and there are some ... but not sure if I would really thrust that rating ... there is THIS one and it's a fun read ... a) they have this image of a guy not only swimming, but diving with them (obviously photoshopped)

but then there is a buyer complaining that it does not work and the seller actually admits that since it has touch controls, it shuts down the earbuds when submersed :)

b) did I not read somewhere that water is really sucky for BT transmissions?

The only earphones I trust for swimming are those Sonys behind the neck wire things, that actually have covered eartips for water use, making sure that no water gets inside. With 4GB memory I can load ample music on them

Which brings me back to something asked here before ... I want some TWS with on board memory!

20190815_201358-01.jpeg

yup! i love mine too. hard to beat the feeling of submerged in the pool with music playing in your ears :ksc75smile:

yes, wearing TWS connected to phone won't work under water. I've tested it with the mifo. the signal would just disconnect the moment it was submerged.

Aug 15, 2019 at 10:28 AM Post #10,538 of 62,311
Hey Guys, I was gifted a pair of 1more stylish in black by my bro-in-law this weekend. I listened to them for a couple hours and decided they aren't for me. I Couldn't get a good seal. I'd like to find them a good home at a substantial discount. I'll post some pics later today, but they are essentially like new. Any takers? DM me. Is there somewhere else on head-fi I should post them for sale? i'm thinking in the $50-60 range plus shipping. US only, sorry international bros.

Aug 15, 2019 at 10:34 AM Post #10,539 of 62,311
Aug 15, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #10,540 of 62,311

yup! i love mine too. hard to beat the feeling of submerged in the pool with music playing in your ears :ksc75smile:

yes, wearing TWS connected to phone won't work under water. I've tested it with the mifo. the signal would just disconnect the moment it was submerged.

Best color!

Like’em so much that for my last marathon back in December I also got the 6xx model with BT, so I could also play music from phone. They had a special sale at the SG marathon expo. Also, nice yellow :wink:
E714BB13-D114-45EC-A139-2495C0B64E46.jpeg

What bums me out a bit though is that the charging sleds for these are NOT interchangeable!

We are now returning to TWS :wink:

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #10,541 of 62,311
OK, I saw the MW07 at Best Buy in Steel Blue...I had to. Hopefully, I can get at least 3 hours, and If I can, I'll be a happy camper. Going back and forth between all these TWS', I realized I was longing. I'm just staring at the shiny case right now and polishing it with a diaper...it's really sad.

Listening to Mr. Diamond's 50th Anniversary Collection...and...spectacular. Did @Bartig finish his reviews of all the high-end stuff he just got? I know he had the MW07 to test out.

I'm about to go on vacation before I further test the high end stuff - but not before I hope to publish my under 50 dollar comparison tomorrow. :)

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2019 at 10:47 AM Post #10,542 of 62,311
Speaking of which... Hello, 320 dollars of price difference...

A2B34ED0-E779-4492-AA49-6993000D6427.jpeg

Aug 15, 2019 at 1:40 PM Post #10,545 of 62,311

Users who are viewing this thread

Back