Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 13, 2019 at 8:07 PM Post #10,501 of 62,460
Hey howdy,

If you haven't tried them yet, I would recommend the Nuarl NT01AX - I have not tried the MW07, unfortunately, but the NT01AX surprised me with the sound and has quite good battery life and a very easy fit for me. I will say, the included 'wings' were not comfortable at all - so I just use it with the included short tips. Also, I did have to download an EQ app to get them to sound the way I wanted - but it's a testament to their sound quality that I was able to push them so hard with the app without them sounding poorly.

@hifi80sman lol @ "smedium" - some of the posts you guys make in this thread make me think it would not be such a bad time to all get together for a TWS meet-up. A sort of BYOD silent dance party lollllll ::beerchug::beyersmile:
I have watching them and seen some pros and cons from here and Reddit. I will keep watching them as I here that they awesome but have quality issues.

Aug 13, 2019 at 10:19 PM Post #10,502 of 62,460
I saw they look interesting, pretty good specs. Only missing volume control, price is so low! Who is gonna be the first to try them?

Wireless Earbuds, Bluetooth 5.0 wireless Headphones Deep Bass HiFi 3D Stereo Sound 35H Extended Playtime, Built-in Microphone with Portable Charging Case(Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07M99NTQ5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_l62uDbWBPW555

Aug 13, 2019 at 11:24 PM Post #10,503 of 62,460
I saw they look interesting, pretty good specs. Only missing volume control, price is so low! Who is gonna be the first to try them?

Wireless Earbuds, Bluetooth 5.0 wireless Headphones Deep Bass HiFi 3D Stereo Sound 35H Extended Playtime, Built-in Microphone with Portable Charging Case(Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07M99NTQ5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_l62uDbWBPW555

"currently unavailable" is a really low price :)

Saw them long time ago also on AliX, but they somehow never tickled my fancy (don't see them there anymore)

Aug 13, 2019 at 11:49 PM Post #10,504 of 62,460
This one has 6D sound!! That's 3Ds better than the rest!

Aug 14, 2019 at 4:00 AM Post #10,506 of 62,460
there's a new version of the E12? My standard E12 just arrived a few days ago and loving it! With a bit of EQing to boost the trebble it sounds brilliant. It's a bass monster with no we so I've just tweaked it slightly to boost the trebble but I'm seriously impressed. The USBC and wireless charging are a massive bonus as well as Micro USB is just a dad to have to find a different cable when everything else I have is USBC.

Does APTX make a big difference over standard Bluetooth 5.0 connection?

Also GOLD because... Why not
Hmm, mine is the total opposite of bass monster, I'm only hearing some bass and otherwise they are airy and bright - not unlike Jabra 65t but with the highs peaking and extending higher. Sometimes the right side seems to have more bass, and the left has more treble and mids. It seems like the bass balance happens as soon as I start to fiddle with the seal, switch tips and the right driver flexs back, but seems to subside upon storing the buds for a while. A teardown would be helpful to see what can be done about the bass ports among other things. I see that 52Audio has done a Sabbat X12 teardown but not E12...

AptX can make a difference when done well, in part due to lower latency and higher bitrates than typical SBC. Only Windows and Android will benefit from it natively, since Apple does not support AptX. On the other hand, Windows 10 doesn't support AAC codec, so you're left with using either SBC or AptX. Thus a TWS that only uses AAC or SBC better have a good SBC implementation if you wish to use it on Windows. For example, Anbes 359/BE30 UFO sounds good with SBC, but it also has some odd echoing artifacts when playing certain audio

More recently, however, there have been tweaks in LineageOS to increasing SBC bitrate to sound close to AptX HD, in some ways surpassing it due to less dynamic range compression. Unfortunately, Google has said they have no intention to add this to Android Q, and I can't find any info how to do this outside of Linux machines.

PS - Shanling TWS will have an ambient aware mode as with MIFO O4.

Aug 14, 2019 at 5:24 AM Post #10,507 of 62,460
Sounds like you've potentially got a faulty set there, unless it's just down to them not sealing properly?
Mine were almost too bassy as standard and a bit 'boomy' for want of a better word on Android until you EQ them to make the trebble brighter on my P30 pro. They sound great with no EQ direct out of my MacBook though.

Most reviews note the bass response as well, so I'd suggest some different tips, and if you still have no luck it might be worth changing them.

In terms of the new models though, if my phone or Mac will do APTX then it might be worth picking them up... And also because CAMO

Hmm, mine is the total opposite of bass monster, I'm only hearing some bass and otherwise they are airy and bright - not unlike Jabra 65t but with the highs peaking and extending higher. Sometimes the right side seems to have more bass, and the left has more treble and mids. It seems like the bass balance happens as soon as I start to fiddle with the seal, switch tips and the right driver flexs back, but seems to subside upon storing the buds for a while. A teardown would be helpful to see what can be done about the bass ports among other things. I see that 52Audio has done a Sabbat X12 teardown but not E12...

AptX can make a difference when done well, in part due to lower latency and higher bitrates than typical SBC. Only Windows and Android will benefit from it natively, since Apple does not support AptX. On the other hand, Windows 10 doesn't support AAC codec, so you're left with using either SBC or AptX. Thus a TWS that only uses AAC or SBC better have a good SBC implementation if you wish to use it on Windows. For example, Anbes 359/BE30 UFO sounds good with SBC, but it also has some odd echoing artifacts when playing certain audio

More recently, however, there have been tweaks in LineageOS to increasing SBC bitrate to sound close to AptX HD, in some ways surpassing it due to less dynamic range compression. Unfortunately, Google has said they have no intention to add this to Android Q, and I can't find any info how to do this outside of Linux machines.

Aug 14, 2019 at 6:12 AM Post #10,508 of 62,460

my E12 was a boomy, uncooked bass monster and have rolled off treble, up until the left earpiece killed itself

Aug 14, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #10,510 of 62,460
I'm holding out for 9D

No need to hold any longer!

9Dtws.jpg

Aug 14, 2019 at 10:47 AM Post #10,511 of 62,460
Aug 14, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #10,512 of 62,460
We talked a few weeks ago about these, since they look like they might have 2 DD per ear (but also strong suspicion this might be just cosmetic / deco) ..

Not sure if this is supposed to be an indication for 2DD

doublering.jpg

2DDs.jpg

well, I still had them on my wish list and see now that they dropped in price a bit and there are a bunch of reviews, one really not good, complaining about 2h battery life (ouch) .. the others are pretty good-ish as in 'sound good for the price' ...

Did anyone here actually order them?

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #10,513 of 62,460
We talked a few weeks ago about these, since they look like they might have 2 DD per ear (but also strong suspicion this might be just cosmetic / deco) ..

Not sure if this is supposed to be an indication for 2DD

well, I still had them on my wish list and see now that they dropped in price a bit and there are a bunch of reviews, one really not good, complaining about 2h battery life (ouch) .. the others are pretty good-ish as in 'sound good for the price' ...

Did anyone here actually order them?

Of course they have 2 DD... One for left and one for right :ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back