Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 13, 2019 at 8:42 AM Post #10,486 of 62,209
there's a new version of the E12? My standard E12 just arrived a few days ago and loving it! With a bit of EQing to boost the trebble it sounds brilliant. It's a bass monster with no we so I've just tweaked it slightly to boost the trebble but I'm seriously impressed. The USBC and wireless charging are a massive bonus as well as Micro USB is just a dad to have to find a different cable when everything else I have is USBC.

Does APTX make a big difference over standard Bluetooth 5.0 connection?

Also GOLD because... Why not

It seems more and more sellers are getting Sabbat E12 Ultra - in addition to AptX it also has 40 hours of battery life in total (8-hours per charge). Gearvita is selling it for 69$ USD, but doesn't say whether it will have wireless charging or not.

https://gearvita.com/sabbat-e12-ultra-tws-bluetooth-earphones.html

Attachments

• IMG_20190811_021114_173.jpg
    IMG_20190811_021114_173.jpg
    771.6 KB · Views: 0
Aug 13, 2019 at 9:47 AM Post #10,487 of 62,209
I'm just staring at the shiny case right now and polishing it with a diaper...it's really sad.

Ha! If there was ever a quote that should be in a sig line, THIS is it. :beyersmile:

Aug 13, 2019 at 9:51 AM Post #10,488 of 62,209
OK, I saw the MW07 at Best Buy in Steel Blue...I had to. Hopefully, I can get at least 3 hours, and If I can, I'll be a happy camper. Going back and forth between all these TWS', I realized I was longing. I'm just staring at the shiny case right now and polishing it with a diaper...it's really sad.

Listening to Mr. Diamond's 50th Anniversary Collection...and...spectacular. Did @Bartig finish his reviews of all the high-end stuff he just got? I know he had the MW07 to test out.

You are an inspiration to us all. I am tempted to do the exact same (but perhaps and eBay purchase at 200 or so). I would be interested in whether any behind the scenes tweaks have been made regarding battery life.

Aug 13, 2019 at 11:15 AM Post #10,489 of 62,209
OK, I saw the MW07 at Best Buy in Steel Blue...I had to. Hopefully, I can get at least 3 hours, and If I can, I'll be a happy camper.
Man, you can't! Prep yourself for 2.5 hours max before the dreaded chewing sound starts. But you know what, to me it doesn't matter. I stopped being pissed off. No matter what backup I carry - E8, 65t, 389, famed T5 - just switch to it and immediately this enveloping, simultaneously deep and shiny, warm and razor sharp, decaying in lows and rushing in highs bliss is replaced in comparison by something flat, congested and what invokes the phrase "poor man's". Yes, few minutes and you're getting used to this and even begin finding something nice in it but deep lingering feeling that you knew better remains until you see on a shiny case these two left and right leds turning to green... Don't resist it, man, there's no free lunch. These 10mm beryllium drivers are big, hard and hungry and need their juice. There's always a price to pay.

Aug 13, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #10,490 of 62,209
You are an inspiration to us all. I am tempted to do the exact same (but perhaps and eBay purchase at 200 or so). I would be interested in whether any behind the scenes tweaks have been made regarding battery life.

Looks like the BB sale is over (was 230 for some colors, but not steel blue, a few weeks ago) but it looks like they are on sale right now for $250 at B&H.

Aug 13, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #10,492 of 62,209
wow, I can't find these Fostex TM2's for under $300 anywhere, what on earth could make them so expensive?

Same reason Sennheiser charges $300 for the MTW. Because they can.

Aug 13, 2019 at 3:47 PM Post #10,493 of 62,209
Good man! <enabling mode>

Still $300? I got my plain black matte from them when they had $225 special.
I actually got the Steel Blue for $249. The guy at Best Buy said they usually don't match B&H Photo and Video, but he'd make an exception for me. Must have been the ultra tight "SMedium" T-Shirt I was wearing.

Aug 13, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #10,494 of 62,209
I actually got the Steel Blue for $249. The guy at Best Buy said they usually don't match B&H Photo and Video, but he'd make an exception for me. Must have been the ultra tight "SMedium" T-Shirt I was wearing.
I bought them twice and sold them. I didn't even care about the battery life it's that I had a hard time getting a seal in my right ear. They did sound amazing when it was sealed. Hope you have good luck with yours.
I'm still gonna give the Sony's a shot and if I don't like them I will try the Beats.

Aug 13, 2019 at 5:39 PM Post #10,495 of 62,209
I bought them twice and sold them. I didn't even care about the battery life it's that I had a hard time getting a seal in my right ear. They did sound amazing when it was sealed. Hope you have good luck with yours.
I'm still gonna give the Sony's a shot and if I don't like them I will try the Beats.

Hey howdy,

If you haven't tried them yet, I would recommend the Nuarl NT01AX - I have not tried the MW07, unfortunately, but the NT01AX surprised me with the sound and has quite good battery life and a very easy fit for me. I will say, the included 'wings' were not comfortable at all - so I just use it with the included short tips. Also, I did have to download an EQ app to get them to sound the way I wanted - but it's a testament to their sound quality that I was able to push them so hard with the app without them sounding poorly.

@hifi80sman lol @ "smedium" - some of the posts you guys make in this thread make me think it would not be such a bad time to all get together for a TWS meet-up. A sort of BYOD silent dance party lollllll ::beerchug::beyersmile:

Aug 13, 2019 at 5:49 PM Post #10,496 of 62,209
Did you try SpinFit tips? Depending on the design, 99% of the time, I'm anywhere from M to L, however, with the MW07, I have to use the XL tips.

I considered the Beats, but it looks like you don't get a full seal, while the over-ear design has been a challenge for me in the past. If you end up with the Beats, look forward to feedback.

Aug 13, 2019 at 5:53 PM Post #10,498 of 62,209
Hey howdy,

If you haven't tried them yet, I would recommend the Nuarl NT01AX - I have not tried the MW07, unfortunately, but the NT01AX surprised me with the sound and has quite good battery life and a very easy fit for me. I will say, the included 'wings' were not comfortable at all - so I just use it with the included short tips. Also, I did have to download an EQ app to get them to sound the way I wanted - but it's a testament to their sound quality that I was able to push them so hard with the app without them sounding poorly.

@hifi80sman lol @ "smedium" - some of the posts you guys make in this thread make me think it would not be such a bad time to all get together for a TWS meet-up. A sort of BYOD silent dance party lollllll ::beerchug::beyersmile:
You should see my "snake charmer" dance moves. It's even better if I make direct eye contact with you whilst gyrating.

Aug 13, 2019 at 7:53 PM Post #10,499 of 62,209
Did you try SpinFit tips? Depending on the design, 99% of the time, I'm anywhere from M to L, however, with the MW07, I have to use the XL tips.

I considered the Beats, but it looks like you don't get a full seal, while the over-ear design has been a challenge for me in the past. If you end up with the Beats, look forward to feedback.
Spinfits and JVC spirals are my go to. I have a lot of Spinfits they are super comfortable and seal on everything but the MW07.

Aug 13, 2019 at 7:55 PM Post #10,500 of 62,209
You should see my "snake charmer" dance moves. It's even better if I make direct eye contact with you whilst gyrating.

Deal. With three requirements -

1) There is a 6 inch layer of plexiglass between you and I whilst any "snake charming" is happening.
2) We all meet up at @Caipirina 's "island lair"
3) Everyone brings their best IEM and TWS collection.

:ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back