Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 12, 2019 at 7:20 AM Post #10,456 of 62,460
Witchcraft!! After reading about 300 pages of this thread I ordered the MpowT5. Intention - usage with Macbook air for youtube etc.
The tws arrived today and my expectations were as low as possible. Pairing was easy and what can I say - for what I want them to do - they work surprisingly good. No noticeable latency, they play louder than my Sony WH-1000XM3 and it is even no shame or pain to do hires tidal. As for lack of comparison (I will not drag my ZMF Eikons into this) I will not comment on the sound - other than they are great fun if not just a little rough around the edges when pushed hard. I'm just stunned as to what is possible for the money in such a tiny device. Must be Witchcraft!
However - the real test is yet to come: How comfortable are they after let's say 3 hours in my ears. Here is my question - what would be the most comfortable aftermarket eartips for the MpowT5. thanx for any advise.

Aug 12, 2019 at 8:26 AM Post #10,458 of 62,460
WFXM3 lowered my expectations of Sony, but after trying out QC20, I have high expectation of Bose's ANC capability for iems. I'm afraid their ANC true wireless will be bulky. Let's hope they can shrink it down. I get a feeling Sony made compromise to their ANC to reduce bulk and increase battery life.

Interesting that you've used both the QC20 and the WFXM3, I only have experience with the QC20 and while I liked them I sent them back due to the low perceived added value compared to the cheap but effective TaoTronics EP-01. Some reviews have compared the ANC of the QC20 and the WFXM3 and concluded they were nearly as effective...That sounds good until you realize the QC20 is not an "insertion IEM" so without ANC it blocks practically zero noise. On the other hand the WFXM3 ARE "insertion IEMs"...at least when coupled with Comply tips so ANC is not going to be adding much isolation in that case and maybe let you think it is not very effective.

Aug 12, 2019 at 8:36 AM Post #10,460 of 62,460
AptX Sabbat E12 is out on Aliexpress, ~130$CAD/100$USD

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/5BYPCuu

Another cheaper listing, 114 CAD for E12, new colors of X12 as well:
New Sabbat E12 TWS Bluetooth 5.0 Wireless Headset HiFi Stereo Earbuds Sports Earphones with Fast Charging Case for Running
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bHdTGCpS

This listing says they are using the QC3020 ? So is that a typo or did they quietly move away from the original Realtek RTL8763BF chip ?

On a related matter, it must have been mentioned before but the KZ Z1 look a lot like the E12 ?

I really love my original X12, so versatile with their great battery life, pleasant sound (especially with cutout foams), comfortable, let noise through for sports and decent mic for calls. I think I'll pick up another pair just in case ! Now of course for traveling the 65t are better with their better isolation.

Aug 12, 2019 at 9:31 AM Post #10,461 of 62,460
For me the journey was kinda the opposite. I had my first Bose product as a teenager. I trusted that their products were as good as their reputation. But as time went on I listened and learned. Two decades later I understand now that Bose makes an inferior product. Always has. The sound is decent but there are offerings that cost half as much that sound much better. And Bose is constantly trying to tell the consumer what they want. It is a product for people who don’t know how to make decisions for themselves and trust their own ears. I have no interest in passive listening tech or paying too much for a subpar product.
Lets just say, Bose never delivered on the "neutral" "clean" and "reference" grade speaker front (regardless the formfactor), BUT they did some great products where thoughtfull soundtuning is needed: Open Earbuds, mobile bluetooth boxes and NC Headphones is where bose really does deliver great subjective(!) musicality and is worth the price imho.

Aug 12, 2019 at 10:54 AM Post #10,463 of 62,460
may I ask how to activate the ambient mode on the mifo o5? I have the pro version, but i didn't know it has this feature...
I love the Mifo 05’s so much I have four sets (two pros and two standards). To activate the hear through mode, on either bud, press and hold the power/multifunction button (not the volume one) for approx one to two seconds until you hear a little beep. Hear through mode should now be active on both buds. To turn off this mode, just do the same thing again. This feature can be triggered while music is playing or when they’re powered on but in standby mode. I really like being able to trigger the hear through mode and talk to folks without having to remove the buds.

Let me know if this works for you...

Aug 12, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #10,464 of 62,460
I have them (for awhile now) and love the sound and will never sell them. They work great and I never have issues with them now.
1st or the 2nd gen ?? If you ve ever tried the bose ssf can you do like a small comparison bw them...am sure b and o's provide a better seal but otherwise how do they compare to each other...i own the ssf but I wanna try something else..tnx in advance

Aug 12, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #10,466 of 62,460
1st or the 2nd gen ?? If you ve ever tried the bose ssf can you do like a small comparison bw them...am sure b and o's provide a better seal but otherwise how do they compare to each other...i own the ssf but I wanna try something else..tnx in advance
I have the first gen. There is no difference in the buds only difference is the case.
I do not own any bose of anything so I'm no help with that.

Aug 12, 2019 at 1:30 PM Post #10,467 of 62,460
The 1st and 2nd Gen earbuds sound the same, there are just different colors. The only difference is the case, where the 2nd Gen is USB C with wireless charging, but also about 2x the price. I picked up the 1st Gen on Amazon Lightning Sale for $149. Right now, you can get the 1st Gen new from Amazon for under $200. https://www.amazon.com/Bang-Olufsen-Wireless-Bluetooth-Earphones/dp/B074WTKWG6

Because there are no major upgrades with the 2nd Gen, other than the case, they're not very compelling. I'd stick with the 1st Gen and save some money.

Aug 12, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #10,468 of 62,460
This listing says they are using the QC3020 ? So is that a typo or did they quietly move away from the original Realtek RTL8763BF chip ?

On a related matter, it must have been mentioned before but the KZ Z1 look a lot like the E12 ?

I really love my original X12, so versatile with their great battery life, pleasant sound (especially with cutout foams), comfortable, let noise through for sports and decent mic for calls. I think I'll pick up another pair just in case ! Now of course for traveling the 65t are better with their better isolation.
They listed a QC3020 version on Alibaba about a week ago - you could purchase it as a single unit for personal use (price was ~50$), but you'd have to pay 27$ for DHL shipping. but this now it got out to some Aliexpress sellers. Clearly there's a markup regardless at this point, but overall it seems AptX might remain 20-30$ more than the originals. The new X12's have a camo scheme while the E12s appear to be the same as the originals.

I personally found 65t's isolation to be quite poor having used wired IEMs for a long time, and the Sabbat E12 is no better. Even changing tips I struggle to get a good seal. Maybe my pair is defective but I fail to get the deep bass everyone was talking about, except sometimes on the right bud (they actually sound more balanced with looser tips...). It actually sounds nice without the bass though - very bright and airy but not to the point of sibilance. The Jabras peak in the upper mids, while the Sabbats have a peak higher up than that towards the lower treble and has better treble extension but not by much .

Aug 12, 2019 at 7:42 PM Post #10,469 of 62,460
I love the Mifo 05’s so much I have four sets (two pros and two standards). To activate the hear through mode, on either bud, press and hold the power/multifunction button (not the volume one) for approx one to two seconds until you hear a little beep. Hear through mode should now be active on both buds. To turn off this mode, just do the same thing again. This feature can be triggered while music is playing or when they’re powered on but in standby mode. I really like being able to trigger the hear through mode and talk to folks without having to remove the buds.

Let me know if this works for you...

Curious that you would have 4 sets of the Mifo, as nice as they are :wink: so many others to try and compare.

Have you ever figured out how to change the language from Chinese? Found some instructions on amazon, saying 'do the 10sec reset, this will change' ... I did, but that did not change anything
The alleged ambient thing did not work for my pair

Those buttons are really annoying, good I rarely ever use them ... just into the ears and play music

Aug 12, 2019 at 10:31 PM Post #10,470 of 62,460
Curious that you would have 4 sets of the Mifo, as nice as they are :wink: so many others to try and compare.

Have you ever figured out how to change the language from Chinese? Found some instructions on amazon, saying 'do the 10sec reset, this will change' ... I did, but that did not change anything
The alleged ambient thing did not work for my pair

Those buttons are really annoying, good I rarely ever use them ... just into the ears and play music

I've sold mine, but if I'm not mistaken you can change it by pressing one of the buttons 5 times..i forgot which one though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back