Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 31, 2019 at 6:49 PM Post #9,992 of 62,311
Keep an eye on this listing as well. It costs more but seems to be officially listed by Yineme while the other one isn't.
https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Blu.../B07G7TDVK4?ref_=bl_dp_s_web_19100588011&th=1

The OEM Ancreu teased this one but their site is downright sloppy and doesn't actually have a listing or info for it. I only see it on Alibaba.
banner%E5%9B%BE03.jpg

i have a hunch that Ancreu is the manufacturer of that UFO tws. not based on fact though, just a hunch. because all the other brands (anbes included) are more like a rebranding companies, while Ancreu seems to have their own manufacturing facility

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2019 at 6:50 PM Post #9,993 of 62,311
Would you recommend the i5 over the i4? I heard the i5 is meant to have slightly less bass but more detail
Yes, that's what Tiso told me too. I think it's mainly in the chosen tips though. Sound differences are minimal with comparable tips, although the i5 seems to sound a bit darker and a bit more smooth. The standard tip on the i5 is smaller though, and gives more surrounding noise when you listen. That one sounds more airy than the stock i4 tips do.

This comparison needs more time though.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2019 at 6:53 PM Post #9,995 of 62,311
Oh, I ordered two new models:

447B7A9D-5720-4977-9C2E-711B9A32E98D.jpeg
The next Tronsmart installment with, again, an awkward name. The first Spunky Buds were quite good sports buds with some flaws. Hope they improved this time.

26096274-4800-4431-8D43-78FDD8D37208.jpeg

And look! It's UiiSii's entry to the wireless market. Let's hope the TWS60 is a hit between their many misses.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2019 at 7:06 PM Post #9,996 of 62,311
Oh, I ordered two new models, for everyone interested:

The next Tronsmart installment with, again, an awkward name. The firsr Spunky Buds were quite good sports buds with mayor flaws. Hope they improved this time.

And look! It's UiiSii's entry to the wireless market. Let's hope the TWS60 is a hit between their many misses.

i have high hopes that uiisii would be good, based on their other products and also based on that i didn't find similar formed tws like this, so think it is their own making. the only thing that held me back is the touch controls

this new entries from whizzer also seems interesting:

831379397-1916341768.jpg

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33056453324.html

391713364-111839222.jpg

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33057751221.html

both with clicky buttons, which i like. no volume on the white one from what i read

Jul 31, 2019 at 7:34 PM Post #9,997 of 62,311
it intrigues me on why Sony still sticking to AAC and SBC only, even though they own the LDAC codec...

My guess is that LDAC requires a large amount of processing power or other resources (such as bandwidth, battery density), and the currently available technology just isn’t up to the task yet. I mean, would you want a TW earphone that lasted 1 hour? I wouldn’t.

However, that’s just speculation. The real reason could be totally different.

Jul 31, 2019 at 8:13 PM Post #10,000 of 62,311
Oh, I ordered two new models:

I’ll be interested as to how the UiiSiis turn out.

Jul 31, 2019 at 8:37 PM Post #10,001 of 62,311
i have a hunch that Ancreu is the manufacturer of that UFO tws. not based on fact though, just a hunch. because all the other brands (anbes included) are more like a rebranding companies, while Ancreu seems to have their own manufacturing facility
Yeah, but several manufacturers also have BE30 listed. On Alibaba Ancreu is listed as the brand for some of the UFO TWS. On the other hand, Dogo appears to be an actual manufacturer and has a classic BE30 as well as a redesigned BE30E.

Jul 31, 2019 at 8:58 PM Post #10,003 of 62,311
My guess is that LDAC requires a large amount of processing power or other resources (such as bandwidth, battery density), and the currently available technology just isn’t up to the task yet. I mean, would you want a TW earphone that lasted 1 hour? I wouldn’t.

However, that’s just speculation. The real reason could be totally different.

i agree, although product like ES100 can do LDAC with good amount of playtime. i guess TWS can do that but with the expense of larger form factor.

anyways, from what i experience myself, aptx and AAC don't sound much different, especially on the BT 5.0 devices. AAC does seems to sound a bit worse on my BT4.x devices compared to the BT 5.0, while APTX doesn't seem to be different at all between BT 4.x and BT 5.0.

if only Sony implemented aptx on their older tws (that uses qualcomm chip, apparently), maybe it won't have those random hiccups in connection, which is essentially their Achilles heel, based on people's reviews.

On the newer devices, the difference between AAC and APTX is minimal that it might not matter anymore, so i think Sony is better off with their current decision on sticking to AAC, using their non-qualcomm chip, but provide a robust battery life, connection, and ANC.

if only I'm not currently spoiled with this great sounding chifis in my collection, i might purchase the Sony some time in the near future

Jul 31, 2019 at 9:04 PM Post #10,005 of 62,311
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back