Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 27, 2019 at 1:31 AM Post #9,736 of 62,439
Jul 27, 2019 at 3:01 AM Post #9,738 of 62,439
Someone posted a while back a website (I think it was Japanese) that did a full tear down of the QCY. You can tell from the photos exactly how it all comes apart.

I probably have the link saved somewhere, but if you search for it you will find it.
If you have it it would be great, i tried to search for it yesterday but didn't find anything

Jul 27, 2019 at 3:48 AM Post #9,739 of 62,439
That listing looks like some cheap third party reseller... Weird...

I didn't spot any different - did the old Mpow T5 have IPX7?

I think so. Didn't someone shower with them recently lol

Still waiting for mine to arrive from that lightning deal the other day. Getting my hopes up reading the reviews on here :o2smile:

The one I got a few months ago are. I took a few showers and no issue yet

Jul 27, 2019 at 4:02 AM Post #9,741 of 62,439
Hello everyone! This is my first post on head-fi, but I've been lurking around for quite some time. It was the knowledgeable people around here that led me to my AKG K702's I use for gaming (that I LOVE) and now I've been looking into getting some wireless earbuds for use at the office and working outside at home. The research, testing and reviews that you guys do are amazing and so much more helpful than reviews from places like CNET.

Anyway... After reading this long, long collaborative effort between everyone, I saw the Funcl W1's on a lightning deal on Amazon last week. From what I had read here it sounded like they'd be right up my alley for the types of music I listen to; mostly 70's to 2000's rock/alternative with a little bit of rap and pop thrown in. Not too heavy on the bassy stuff. I prefer clear vocals and guitars/drums to booming bass. Even with the good reviews from you all on the W1's I wasn't expecting to be blown away, but I was rather impressed! Vocals and mid/high instruments were very clear. Bass was reasonably strong, but not overly powerful. The bass was definitely less clear than the highs and mids though. Alas, I had to send them back. Any time I was moving around with the phone in my pocket, the right side earbud would randomly disconnect. Sometimes every 30 seconds, sometimes it would be every few minutes. Sitting in front of my computer, the connection was more solid, but I still had a couple dropouts. So for now my journey continues. Looking hard at the MPOW T5's (if Amazon gets them back in).

You people are a terrible influence on my need to budget my money!

Jul 27, 2019 at 4:34 AM Post #9,742 of 62,439
Meet my new friend Aviot TE-01G, next to the Mpow t5. 10hrs playback time, ipx7, track and volume control, USB-C charging case. Oh, she literally speaks Japanese, the voice prompts are in Japanese. Very good sound quality, not boomy not boxy, treble could probably be a bit more resolving but it's still very good. Big soundstage. Volume is a little low.

ZrpuO3Q.jpg

Jul 27, 2019 at 5:29 AM Post #9,743 of 62,439
Nice review but, man, I wouldn't call them tiny, especially compared to 359 or t1c. And they stick out allright, even more than 65t. On the plus side buds are surprisingly light. Soundwise my biggest dissapointment are highs. Like with all current darlings like 359 and t1c it's decent but simply a bit dull and not interesting on T5. But all is forgiven considering overall package and its execution for the meager price. Nice backups.
I wasn't planning on describing them as tiny initially. Then I lay them next to many other earpieces and yeah... these are still very tiny. :)

Wavefun X Pods 3 Xpods review W1 TWS.jpg
Meanwhile, I grew attached to these buddies. The bass isn't the most detailed, but it does have a nicely balanced sound. The Wavefun X-Pods 3, I believe the cheapest TWS with AptX support. Here's my review, if you're interested.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2019 at 7:43 AM Post #9,745 of 62,439
@Bartig Quick question - which one of your 5 star options has the most pocketable case and minimal protrusion from the ears?
Minimal protrusion... Hmm, I honestly think they are all somehow equal in this regard. The Anomoibuds and Anbes 359 are the most pocket friendly.

Jul 27, 2019 at 8:54 AM Post #9,747 of 62,439
I wasn't planning on describing them as tiny initially. Then I lay them next to many other earpieces and yeah... these are still very tiny. :)

Meanwhile, I grew attached to these buddies. The bass isn't the most detailed, but it does have a nicely balanced sound. The Wavefun X-Pods 3, I believe the cheapest TWS with AptX support. Here's my review, if you're interested.
Thanks for the review. Have been eyeing them for a while. What do you think is the difference between the Wavefuns and the Ytom T1? They look identical and you can get the Ytoms for as low as $27 on Ali.

Jul 27, 2019 at 9:24 AM Post #9,748 of 62,439
Just came back from the post office with the Mpow T5 and Tiso i4.

Really impressed with the T5. Keep comparing it to the Anbes 359 (or whatever rebrand..) and it's hard to decide which one I like better.
The bass on the T5 is stronger, more pronounced. The Anbes are a little more balanced to my ears and they are somewhat brighter.
Actorlife, you really struck gold with these Anbes. I'm only bummed that with my pair the battery life is mediocre, 3 hours tops.

Now the Tiso is a real disappointment. Bass is way to heavy and muddy that it drowns everything out. Been trying to tune it down with an equalizer which makes
them a little better but still there's something in the overall sound that kind of hurts my ears. Can't put my finger on it. A real pity because they are the most comfortable TWS I have and I love the form factor and the buttons. Maybe I'll try to burn them in a little.
I'm getting close to 5hrs on half volume. Having the volume all the way up kills the battery faster. Glad you're liking the Anbes I hope they release a earbud with 8-10hr battery soon and maybe aptx, although not needed SQ still gteat. I'd love a 359 v2 in various color schemes as well.

Jul 27, 2019 at 9:33 AM Post #9,749 of 62,439
Oof, you think so? I've tried three Awei models and those were the most bassy muddy chifi items I've heard so far.

Whoah! <3
Yep I love the Awei ESQ7i(Hard to find now, except on amazon USA), Q9 Wooden pair(SQ is very good, although Q7 is better), Whoops they are MoreBlue Y522 4.1 Bluetooth wired set decent, but a bit roll off treble could use more sparkle, SE900i pair very bassy and big roll off treble. Those were bad. Awei ES10 and E11 are also very good.
MoreBlue B09 4.1 wired are really good too. Good sparkly treble and bass. More of a neutral sound. Decent soundstage. Not for bass heads, but bass is good. I'm listening now forget how good they were actually. Mpow Swift is better, but these are no slouch.
On all of these(7) I paid less than $35 buckaroos amazing quality too for the price.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2019 at 9:44 AM Post #9,750 of 62,439
Has anyone tried these iQute TWS?
They're cheap and come with a 12mm graphene driver! AND with lots of controls right on them! But are a serious Shrek look... :ksc75smile:

61gahuTSdmL._SL1200_.jpg

71G0HMnc7oL.jpg
I have those in my cart, but kept deciding not to get them. Maybe it's the fit don't remember. Hopshoop W1 is the one you want if you want Graphene drivers. Barely noticeable like the Anbes, although Anbes is smaller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back