Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 26, 2019 at 1:33 PM Post #9,708 of 62,223
tried no tips, bigger tips, tried to look whether they correctly sit inside charging case (they do)

for now i am trying aliexpress refund and if somebody know how to safely open them id try to take a look inside to check for some unconnected / shorted cables

Someone posted a while back a website (I think it was Japanese) that did a full tear down of the QCY. You can tell from the photos exactly how it all comes apart.

I probably have the link saved somewhere, but if you search for it you will find it.

Jul 26, 2019 at 2:33 PM Post #9,709 of 62,223
Got my T5's! First impressions are fantastic!
Will play with them over the weekend and post my review next week!

Jul 26, 2019 at 5:32 PM Post #9,711 of 62,223
Received my Back Bay Duet 50's, been listening for about 30 min. First impression is they are indistinguishable from the Tranya T1-Pro other than the charging case and the logos. They are a really good sounding TWS' but not great like the T5. I may end up keeping them if they really do have an 8 hour battery life. They are super comfortable and sound great for audiobooks. i'll pull out my T1 pros, do a little burn in and do a side by side.

Edit: The Back Bay actually has quite a bit less bass that the T1 Pro. other than that they sound really really close to identical. maybe by reducing the bass, BB was able to pull another hour out of the battery.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2019 at 6:20 PM Post #9,713 of 62,223
upload_2019-7-26_17-30-49.png
Got my Duet 50 in and took some pics. This is what they look like(in case like me you don't know a t1-pro from Adam)...

upload_2019-7-26_17-33-17.png

upload_2019-7-26_17-32-37.png

Box says IPX5 instead of IPX4 so that is a bit better. I like my Bluedio Hi for the big stage and low battery drain. Not liking the BB need 10 or more notches of volume over the Bluedio. That would mean the difference in getting through a weekend or not with my Ruizu X51 if I was using that outside.

Not hearing that good of a sound. Well balanced and a bit of detail but not anything special. Need more testing esp. with more devices but I, like d3myz, will give them a chance but thoughts of sending them back popped into the old noggin' already.

Edit: Perhaps with the right tips and the right device they are a keeper. They seem to take to my Ruizu's EQ quite well and can sound pretty sweet. The case does fit them with Sony hybrid LL on them so that is a plus as well.

Attachments

• upload_2019-7-26_17-30-26.png
    upload_2019-7-26_17-30-26.png
    778.2 KB · Views: 0
  • upload_2019-7-26_17-31-22.png
    upload_2019-7-26_17-31-22.png
    880.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 26, 2019 at 6:57 PM Post #9,715 of 62,223
Did anyone hear of these TRN T100 TWS?
Wondering if anyone decided to give them a shot - TRN BT20 are fantastic, so curious if their "true TWS" earbuds are any good?
Say they're using an "aluminized liquid crystal polymer diaphragm" - whatever that is..... :-/

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32957942274.html

Also, are these a rebrand of sorts? Case looks familiar...
TRN-T100-Wireless-Earphones-Bluetooth-5-0-TWS-Stereo-Noise-Cancelings-in-ear-earbuds-with-Charging.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2019 at 6:59 PM Post #9,716 of 62,223
Unfortunately after speaking to Earfun support, it sounds like they have no intention to make more Free Oluv edition units and they have offered a refund. Even so, I am disappointed by the way the campaign has been handled and their QC. Decided to get a Sabbat E12 in the meantime to see what the fuss is about... Also waiting for my UFOs and Jabees Firefly Pro...

If only someone made a TWS with wireless charging, Type C AND AptX! I thought Astrotec might have something in the works...

Jul 26, 2019 at 7:01 PM Post #9,717 of 62,223
Unfortunately after speaking to Earfun support, it sounds like they have no intention to make more Free Oluv edition units and they have offered a refund. Even so, I am disappointed by the way the campaign has been handled and their QC. Decided to get a Sabbat E12 in the meantime to see what the fuss is about... Also waiting for my UFOs and Jabees Firefly Pro...

If only someone made a TWS with wireless charging, Type C AND AptX! I thought Astrotec might have something in the works...

Maybe the new 1more hybrid's... that are maybe going to be released siometime this decade....? lol

Jul 26, 2019 at 7:09 PM Post #9,718 of 62,223
Got my Duet 50 in and took some pics. This is what they look like(in case like me you don't know a t1-pro from Adam)...

Box says IPX5 instead of IPX4 so that is a bit better. I like my Bluedio Hi for the big stage and low battery drain. Not liking the BB need 10 or more notches of volume over the Bluedio. That would mean the difference in getting through a weekend or not with my Ruizu X51 if I was using that outside.

Not hearing that good of a sound. Well balanced and a bit of detail but not anything special. Need more testing esp. with more devices but I, like d3myz, will give them a chance but thoughts of sending them back popped into the old noggin' already.

Edit: Perhaps with the right tips and the right device they are a keeper. They seem to take to my Ruizu's EQ quite well and can sound pretty sweet. The case does fit them with Sony hybrid LL on them so that is a plus as well.
I got mine too, I was too lazy to take pics, so thanks. I would say that their saving grace is aptX. They sound much better with aptX, but I only have two devices that support it, none of them portable. My volume via iphone xs max is great. but you're right they aren't outstanding. They have the same voice assistant as the mpow T5 but the function much less quirky. My T5's have to power off one ear at a time for some reason, the BB's don't.

Jul 26, 2019 at 8:00 PM Post #9,719 of 62,223
... they're using an "aluminized liquid crystal polymer diaphragm" - whatever that is..... :-/

‘Liquid crystal polymer’ is a fancy term for Kevlar. It’s light and stiff, and makes good diaphragm material. I have a few other Kevlar diaphragms, and I like them.

And ‘aluminized’ means that the material has a coating of aluminum as well. It could be vapor deposition, but it could also be an additional sandwiched layer (ie a multi-layer diaphragm). This further increases the stiffness (as well as cost). Aluminum diaphragms have similar characteristics as titanium diaphragms, but at a lower cost than titanium.

Both aluminum and Kevlar construction will be very light and stiff. This should (theoretically) translate to fast and crisp response, good low end performance with low distortion, easy to drive, and the aluminum (or titanium) coating generally translates to good treble extension and a lively and bright tone.

But again, that’s pretty general terms. Of course, there’s more to a headphone’s sound than the diaphragm material, but it’s nice to know they used a much more expensive driver (vs a cheap run-of-the-mill PET (Mylar) diaphragm).

It shows me that some thought went into the sound performance and tuning, instead of just slapping the most inexpensive parts in to maximize profit.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2019 at 9:30 PM Post #9,720 of 62,223

The guy doesn't want to comment on the sound since it's not the final version. But the eartips included are very soft and comfortable. The earbuds fit very secure and comfortable. A single tap plays and pauses. 3 taps on the left side is volume up, 3 taps on the right side is volume down. Think all the other information is available via internet print, 3 hours run time, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back