Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 25, 2019 at 11:43 AM Post #9,647 of 62,305
They did! Now let’s see how long it will take to my evil tropical island lair.

If only they could use Amazon delivery.... Or SpaceX... Might be a little warm, but you'd have it already! :)

198F172D-570B-4E3B-8669-312A8DC20882.jpeg

Jul 25, 2019 at 1:08 PM Post #9,648 of 62,305
Been playing around with the Tiso i4 and encountered something strange. I've discovered that when I'm connected to my phone or tablet (both Xiaomi and BT 5.0)
there's some kind of a harsh background noise which distorts whatever I'm listening to to the point that it's really unpleasant (even though it's very subtle). Whenever I connect them to my laptop or an older Samsung (Galaxy S3), both of which have a lower BT version, it totally disappears and the sound is actually quite enjoyable. Can it be the fault of the BT version? I haven't encountered this problem with any of my other earphones. I tried playing around with the bluetooth settings in developer options but nothing. Very strange.. Any ideas/advice? TIA

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #9,650 of 62,305
Does T5 has a better battery life ?
Is it too bassy or ok? How is the size as compared to 359 ? More comfy ?
I have both T5 and 359. Both sound different but excellent unless you switch to them immediately after MW07 which I mainly use. By "excellent" I mean in the vein of 65t but with wider soundstage and more forward mids with better clarity. Treble is more or less the same between all three (T5, 359 and 65t) meaning ok but nothing exciting. T5 sound more energetic thanks to a a little more pronounced bump in mid-bass but 359 are more balanced in overall signature. T5 last on a charge the longest, 5 hours at least. 359 and 65t lag somewhere around 4 hour mark (don't get me started on MW07's dismal 2.5 hours!). With fit I had most problems with MW07 resorting to SpinFits CP100Z-L. All the rest are fine for my ears with their stock tips (large for 359 and 65t, medium for T5). Speaking of stock tips - T5 have the best with solid core and nicely textured soft silicone. Very exclusive. No discomfort with any of them but T5 are HUGE to my liking, they stick out and I can constantly feel them in my ears. 359 are the best in this respect, they almost disappear in my ears, literally and sensually, weigh nothing and stay put. When it comes to charging cases I must designate T5 and 65t as the worst but for different reasons. Former because it's HUGE, unwieldy and feels cheap, latter because it simply feels cheap and doesn't have magnetic guides. Functionally 65t wins hands down - best mic, best control scheme, auto pause, transparent mode, firmware updates, app with EQ. Next comes MW07 which misses only on firmware updates, transparent mode and the app. Both have excellent control schemes and thank god well sorted real buttons that do not jam into the ears. T5 and 359 are minimal and in in terms of fanciness both have only vol control, with T5 having it very inconveniently implemented. All but 359 seem like they came from the real company and not from the travelling circus. Which besides other things reflected in how badly they are made. Even T5 though looking and feeling cheap, still gives a solid and well put impression. I think I posted more than on 2 cents. Like 5.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2019 at 1:31 PM Post #9,651 of 62,305
Jul 25, 2019 at 1:48 PM Post #9,652 of 62,305
Just came back from the post office with the Mpow T5 and Tiso i4.

Really impressed with the T5. Keep comparing it to the Anbes 359 (or whatever rebrand..) and it's hard to decide which one I like better.
The bass on the T5 is stronger, more pronounced. The Anbes are a little more balanced to my ears and they are somewhat brighter.
Actorlife, you really struck gold with these Anbes. I'm only bummed that with my pair the battery life is mediocre, 3 hours tops.

Now the Tiso is a real disappointment. Bass is way to heavy and muddy that it drowns everything out. Been trying to tune it down with an equalizer which makes
them a little better but still there's something in the overall sound that kind of hurts my ears. Can't put my finger on it. A real pity because they are the most comfortable TWS I have and I love the form factor and the buttons. Maybe I'll try to burn them in a little.
If you aren't already, try some wide bore tips and give them some time to burn in. I felt the same way when I got mine, but now I love them and use them almost every day for audio books and carrying them around in my pocket. If i'm listening to music, I prefer the T5 or T3.

Jul 25, 2019 at 1:48 PM Post #9,653 of 62,305
Jul 25, 2019 at 1:54 PM Post #9,655 of 62,305
I have both T5 and 359. Both sound different but excellent unless you switch to them immediately after MW07 which I mainly use. By "excellent" I mean in the vein of 65t but with wider soundstage and more forward mids with better clarity. Treble is more or less the same between all three (T5, 359 and 65t) meaning ok but nothing exciting. T5 sound more energetic thanks to a a little more pronounced bump in mid-bass but 359 are more balanced in overall signature. T5 last on a charge the longest, 5 hours at least. 359 and 65t lag somewhere around 4 hour mark (don't get me started on MW07's dismal 2.5 hours!). With fit I had most problems with MW07 resorting to SpinFits CP100Z-L. All the rest are fine for my ears with their stock tips (large for 359 and 65t, medium for T5). Speaking of stock tips - T5 have the best with solid core and nicely textured soft silicone. Very exclusive. No discomfort with any of them but T5 are HUGE to my liking, they stick out and I can constantly feel them in my ears. 359 are the best in this respect, they almost disappear in my ears, literally and sensually, weigh nothing and stay put. When it comes to charging cases I must designate T5 and 65t as the worst but for different reasons. Former because it's HUGE, unwieldy and feels cheap, latter because it simply feels cheap and doesn't have magnetic guides. Functionally 65t wins hands down - best mic, best control scheme, auto pause, transparent mode, firmware updates, app with EQ. Next comes MW07 which misses only on firmware updates, transparent mode and the app. Both have excellent control schemes and thank god well sorted real buttons that do not jam into the ears. T5 and 359 are minimal and in in terms of fanciness both have only vol control, with T5 having it very inconveniently implemented. All but 359 seem like they came from the real company and not from the travelling circus. Which besides other things reflected in how badly they are made. Even T5 though looking and feeling cheap, still gives a solid and well put impression. I think I posted more than on 2 cents. Like 5.

Great impressions! I really appreciate the comparison. I'd just add that the t5 is damn near waterproof, I shower with them regularly, but I'm not a big fan of the fit. The tips they come, while high quality made the buds sound abysmal to me. I switched to s/m JVC Spiral Dots it was a game changer.

Jul 25, 2019 at 1:58 PM Post #9,656 of 62,305
Been playing around with the Tiso i4 and encountered something strange. I've discovered that when I'm connected to my phone or tablet (both Xiaomi and BT 5.0)
there's some kind of a harsh background noise which distorts whatever I'm listening to to the point that it's really unpleasant (even though it's very subtle). Whenever I connect them to my laptop or an older Samsung (Galaxy S3), both of which have a lower BT version, it totally disappears and the sound is actually quite enjoyable. Can it be the fault of the BT version? I haven't encountered this problem with any of my other earphones. I tried playing around with the bluetooth settings in developer options but nothing. Very strange.. Any ideas/advice? TIA
Try switching the codec used in the developer settings in your newer phones. It's likely that Tiso tunes then differently for SBC and AAC (most manufacturers do AFAIK).

Jul 25, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #9,658 of 62,305
Great impressions! I really appreciate the comparison. I'd just add that the t5 is damn near waterproof, I shower with them regularly, but I'm not a big fan of the fit. The tips they come, while high quality made the buds sound abysmal to me. I switched to s/m JVC Spiral Dots it was a game changer.
Yeah, only shows how pointless all these incessant questions here like "how's the fit?" , "which tips to use", "are they comfortable" and so on. Geometry of people's ears, not speaking of sensitivity of their skin, is so different that I truly believe that until one tries various combos of buds and tips there's no way somebody's else experience would help in any way.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2019 at 2:56 PM Post #9,660 of 62,305

Users who are viewing this thread

Back