Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 1, 2019 at 5:59 AM Post #7,216 of 62,424
I did take those numbers provided by the manufacturer with a grain of salt. Most TWS have a 2-4 hour battery life. I cannot imagine TFZ uses some kind of magic to double the battery life compared to the competition.

The connection is quite iffy. I can make the left bud cut out by putting my hand over my right ear/the right bud. No problems yet with losing connection with the phone though.
Do you experience the battery level drops from 60% to 30% then to flat in around 15 mins? The battery flat warning will come up about 2 times then go flat rapidly.

Jun 1, 2019 at 6:13 AM Post #7,217 of 62,424
Do you experience the battery level drops from 60% to 30% then to flat in around 15 mins? The battery flat warning will come up about 2 times then go flat rapidly.

you might have a defective battery?
i had experience like this with my sabbat e12: first time i got it it can go to around 4 or 5 hours,but the next day only 2 hours, and degrading fast the few next days until it cannot hold a charge any more..but it only affect the left (master) piece. the right one is still fine to use for hours. if that's the case you might want to open a dispute with the seller

Jun 1, 2019 at 6:43 AM Post #7,219 of 62,424
P.S: Havit has just launched a revised version of the G1, the G1 PRO that, on paper, does fix most of the weaks of the G1: stereo calls, touch controls, enhanced bass and lighter weight. Haven’t found any review yet, but they’re on my radar... just a handful of bucks more expensive that the older model
I’d appreciate if anyone on the G1 can comment on, guess what, call quality :)

Still no volume control though that's annoying.

Battery life seems shorter at 3hours per https://www.jd.ru/product/650680681.html ?

I rarely use my G1s that I got for 30€ on Amazon.de as I have better options (65T for travels and X12 for sports) but when I do they don't disappoint.

Jun 1, 2019 at 6:45 AM Post #7,220 of 62,424
Still no volume control though that's annoying.

Battery life seems shorter at 3hours per https://www.jd.ru/product/650680681.html ?

I rarely use my G1s that I got for 30€ on Amazon.de as I have better options (65T for travels and X12 for sports) but when I do they don't disappoint.

Yes I liked my G1, what killed it in the end for me was lack of ambient mode

Jun 1, 2019 at 7:13 AM Post #7,221 of 62,424

I haven’t used them much so i can’t confirm your findings. I have used them today for 20 mins and that is the maximum for so far.

I mostly use TWS for short periods. Like when i have to vacuum the house or when i commute on my bike to work. A single ride is like 20 mins.

Jun 1, 2019 at 8:46 AM Post #7,223 of 62,424

Bose has a new version of the Soundsport Free coming later this year. Pictured below, it will be known as the Bose Earbuds 500. Note, there is also a 700 version coming that is a bit larger.

One of the issues with the prior version was the size of the earbuds. This one seems to remedy that. However, a critical flaw of Bose earbuds from my point of view is that they are not 'in-ear' they instead sit right at the entrance to your ear. This results in diminished bass response but also tons of ambient nose entering the ear canal. That was a dealbreaker for me on the SoundSport Free. Oddly though, the SoundSport Free gets great reviews for the most part. So, am I missing something there? Do people want ambient noise entering the ear canal through the earbud? I listen to mine mostly at the gym. I need a good seal both to drown out the smooth jazz that the gym pumps through their speakers and the a-hole breaking gym rules by talking on his phone. The 700 will have active noise cancelling, but I don't care about active noise cancelling in the least, I simply want ALL noise cancelled until I remove the earbud. Thoughts?

I use mine for running. I need a bit of awareness as I run in the street so letting some outside sound in fits my use case. I find the bass satisfying but I do hate the size.

Jun 1, 2019 at 9:41 AM Post #7,225 of 62,424
I accidentally got some earwax on them and tried cleaning it out....

Sorry to hear, I usually use those plastic brushes that come with electric shavers to get the wax off.
What were you using when it popped?
Did the sound change? Maybe it is covered by the warranty, if you want I can ask Nuarl about it if it, and if so it might be worth paying shipping to get them fixed.

Jun 1, 2019 at 9:50 AM Post #7,226 of 62,424
I accidentally got some earwax on them and tried cleaning it out....

Are you talking about nozzle filters? If so, you can change those out on most IEMs. They just peel and stick on. There’s different styles and diameters on Aliexpress, and they cost a few pennies each.

4BE20027-17FF-4B84-ACA9-951B82E670E9.jpeg 749F6E0C-516C-4D3E-9685-D61EFE3B8CDD.jpeg

Jun 1, 2019 at 10:53 AM Post #7,227 of 62,424
Thanks for the response! I'm basically sold on the 359, only thing holding back is that the funcl sometimes falls out in the gym when im doing certain exercises. I'm wondering if a pair of tws with wingtips would work better. Have you found the 359 to stay in better?
I don't workout, but a couple folks said they stay in during high intensity workouts. Mine never fell out. You won't regret getting the Anbes. Out of the five I own it's my fav. Amazon sometimes has them for $30 lightning sale.

Jun 1, 2019 at 11:17 AM Post #7,228 of 62,424
Anyone had audio sync issues with Astrotec S60 BT5.0?

Also, think the price premium is worth it over Anbes 359?

Jun 1, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #7,229 of 62,424
Crowing the now 2 year old 1000X as the best TW is bordering on malpractice. What a joke.

THESE old guys? I was wondering why back then I could get them that cheap ... Well, they kinda work and don't sound to bad, but getting them back into the case so they will charge correctly can be finicky
Can't say I give them a lot of play time

sony1000x.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back