Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 2, 2019 at 12:03 AM Post #7,246 of 62,573
So, this talk about the Sony WF1000X made me get them out again .. had been maybe 10 days? and sure enough, all batteries were totally drained! (ok, I had tried new tips, so maybe that created non-ideal charging circumstances)

On the other hand, my LEZII x12, also aside for about 2 weeks, have been playing in my ears now for over 1h (allegedly it only does 1.5h per charge) ... and I am still super impressed with the sound signature, the sound stage, and I really don't mind the "press both buttons at the same time for 3 seconds" to fire them up .. always works! I guess the 14mm driver is to blame for great performance?

Within my limited stable of TWS I would rank them #2 after my Bose SSF (not too impressed with either of my Sonys, the above and the SPOON, I mean SP700N :wink: my Jabras are dead, those Miniso Roman something are cute and will working emergency buds ...

other than the puny battery life and the useless noise cancelling mode, the WF1000X still is one of my most favorite sounding TWS. if only Sony can upgrade the battery life to today's standard...

Jun 2, 2019 at 2:00 AM Post #7,248 of 62,573
Since my original question got no answer I try to rephrase it simpler: is there any fully wireless iem with good insulation which you would suggest to fall asleep with?

The Earin M2 works great for that but don’t seem to be available any longer. I have no problem sleeping on my side with my head on the pillow with these.

Jun 2, 2019 at 3:37 AM Post #7,249 of 62,573
other than the puny battery life and the useless noise cancelling mode, the WF1000X still is one of my most favorite sounding TWS. if only Sony can upgrade the battery life to today's standard...

If you can open the shell, you could upgrade the battery to a current generation lipo cell. It should be a drop in replacement, assuming you can find the right sized cell.

Jun 2, 2019 at 4:08 AM Post #7,250 of 62,573
Hi,guys.
I’ve been lurking over here for quite a time, but this is my first post.
I read many good things about the Anbes 359 on SQ,but how about the mic quality for calls? How well the person at the other end can hear you?
Got the Sabbat E12 a couple of months ago and while I’m happy with it in many aspects, the call quality is clearly subpar,even in silent environments. Definitely not good for business calls (low and with an annoying buzzing sound in the background that I’ve seen also in some YT reviews).

Thanks
hey, if you happened to have gotten an answewr on call quality i appologize, but wanted to throw my experience out there if it were needed. Like Hifi 80s man said, call quality in a quiet environment is pretty good, but i rode a shuttle bus to see some fmaily and my sister could only hear the sound of the bus when she called me both times. those aere the only 2 calls i had but needless to say, i won't be using these for calling. they are however, really nice otherwise, and are a pair i have fallen asleep while wearing multiple times in the 10 days i've had them.

Jun 2, 2019 at 5:05 AM Post #7,251 of 62,573
Since my original question got no answer I try to rephrase it simpler: is there any fully wireless iem with good insulation which you would suggest to fall asleep with?
I've had the ambes 359 for a week and a half and have fallen asleep with them in. i think they work pretty well for that.

Jun 2, 2019 at 7:28 AM Post #7,252 of 62,573
Looks like demos are out here in Japan for the Fostex TM2, here is a blog with some first impressions from the earphone store.

https://e-earphone.blog/?p=1314737

Keep in mind that this is a store blog, and they are trying to sell stuff, but a brief translated summary of the case is that it is big enough to hold custom IEMs, in this case the AAW A3H.

Description of the sound with the stock earphones:

A natural sound with a tight bass. Vocals and mids are forward. The highs are quite extended. Compared to other true wireless earbuds it is one of the best, has good separation, and gets loud enough.

Description with the AAW A3H:

It seems more than powerful enough to run the triple driver efficiently. The original boominess of the A3H seems tamed but very pleasant. They sound much better than with the stock earphones, but that is a given.

Priced in Japan at around 30,000 yen, so I expect the US to be getting it for about 250$. Their official release date is end of June. I hope I have a little time to try them out this month!

The case does look huge though, and at first I thought they looked ridiculous, but the look is slowly growing on me...

Edit: It's already been released but sold out. Next shipment is due end of June. This is not uncommon though in Japan, I have a feeling that the companies do on purpose to sell them out at first...

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2019 at 12:12 PM Post #7,255 of 62,573
The Earin M2 works great for that but don’t seem to be available any longer. I have no problem sleeping on my side with my head on the pillow with these.
The one problem I see with falling asleep with TWE in is that some time in the middle of the night some nice lady's voice will wake me up, asking for a battery charge, possibly in Chinese!

Jun 2, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #7,256 of 62,573
The one problem I see with falling asleep with TWE in is that some time in the middle of the night some nice lady's voice will wake me up, asking for a battery charge, possibly in Chinese!

Not the Earin, they just gracefully die

Jun 2, 2019 at 5:46 PM Post #7,257 of 62,573
Sorry to butt in but ive been holding out on purchasing a pair of truly wireless earbuds because whenever i did research every source would contradict one another, so I just want to know which truly wireless earbud you guys think is the best balance of low latency, battery life, style, and a bright sound signature with nice mids and highs but still some capable bass for under 100, or up to 150 if that provides an even better value.

Reading through this forum it seems the Sabbat E12 has lots of bass, but at the cost of mids/highs quality. This made me favor the Mifo o5 / TFZ x1e since they apparently have more detail, even considering their "pro" counterparts being the Mifo o5 professional and the TFZ x1 apparently giving up more bass than i'd like.

THEN I found the Funcl AI which blatantly advertise low latency and APTx, whereas the others do not. I'm kind of going insane trying to decide and currently am leaning most toward the TFZ x1e.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2019 at 7:51 PM Post #7,260 of 62,573
Reading through this forum it seems the Sabbat x12 has lots of bass, but at the cost of mids/highs quality. This made me favor the Mifo o5 / TFZ x1e since they apparently have more detail, even considering their "pro" counterparts being the Mifo o5 professional and the TFZ x1 apparently giving up more bass than i'd like.

you mean the Sabbat E12 that has a lot bass?

the X12 is more airy and neutral, with adequate bass

Users who are viewing this thread

Back