Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 2, 2019 at 10:35 PM Post #7,262 of 62,456
Does anybody know the reason why they are already out of stock? As far as I know they are just seven months old.
I contacted them and they didn't say they would or wouldn't make more of the M2s but did say they are in the midst of making something new. Hopefully we'll see a M3 soon. I really love my M2s, they get used most days.

Jun 2, 2019 at 11:25 PM Post #7,263 of 62,456
And UK What HiFi magazine has again crowned the old Sony WF-1000X as the best true wireless and the only one they feel they can reccomend. They rate the T65 as middle ground, not particularily good nor bad

Wow, I see a pattern emerging ... I just came across WhatHifi's top 9 list for ANC, on which the WF1000x are #2 ("REASONS TO AVOID: Occasional sound dropout" ... hello? puny battery life? Finicky case?)
, while Bose QC 35 and 25 end the list on #8 and #9 ... there are also 3 more Sonys on that list (above Bose) and of course, the M3 tops the list ... ("REASONS TO AVOID: Nothing significant" ... erm, not being able to pair to more than one device that the same time maybe??? Total deal breaker!)

Jun 2, 2019 at 11:28 PM Post #7,264 of 62,456
Sorry, I meant E12. These names are driving me crazy lmao. I was looking into the x12 but i cannot use the apple earpod-style fitment as my left ear just doesnt work with them.

That reminds me, I always wanted to ask if anyone has found earfins / 'fitments' that fit the X12 earbud style TWS on AliX? I tried some that were made for Airpods, but those did not fit. I remember reading that some iterations of X12's come with some ... but my searches on AliX have so far only shown stuff that fits Apple (and the vast family of clones)

Jun 3, 2019 at 2:03 AM Post #7,265 of 62,456
Wow, I see a pattern emerging ... I just came across WhatHifi's top 9 list for ANC, on which the WF1000x are #2 ("REASONS TO AVOID: Occasional sound dropout" ... hello? puny battery life? Finicky case?)
, while Bose QC 35 and 25 end the list on #8 and #9 ... there are also 3 more Sonys on that list (above Bose) and of course, the M3 tops the list ... ("REASONS TO AVOID: Nothing significant" ... erm, not being able to pair to more than one device that the same time maybe??? Total deal breaker!)
What TWEs are there that allow you to connect with more than one device at once. I know the Jabra 65t does it, but I don’t know of any else.

Jun 3, 2019 at 2:38 AM Post #7,266 of 62,456
What TWEs are there that allow you to connect with more than one device at once. I know the Jabra 65t does it, but I don’t know of any else.

Oh, sorry, I might not have made that clear .. this is the overall ANC list, in which only the Sony WF1000X are representing TWEs ... all others are over ears / on ears full size headphones and my remark was regarding the Sony WH1000M3, which, admittedly has better ANC then the Bose over ears, but less comfort (IMHO) and if you want to switch between phone / computer you have to un-pair, re-pair each time ...

As for TWEs .. i never even looked into that since I never felt the need to pair them with my computer :D

Jun 3, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #7,267 of 62,456
Those look new. And while I find the shape and the price attractive ... in terms of technical specs it seems kinda ho-hum (Still BT 4.2 and NOT IPX anything)
My biggest turn of though is that I had 2 wired BT sport headsets from Remax die on me in a super short time ... maybe a QC issue ... soooo ... not going to be the guinea pig for this one :D

remaxwktws.jpg

By the way, found some 'real' photos from my old supplier SLAudio in Hanoi, that tone of red does look different in reality (more like a dark orange) .. or it was just their light .. not sure ..

oh, link ... this one is working, while the official remax store link goes to 'Ooooops. no can do'

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2019 at 11:12 AM Post #7,268 of 62,456
At the moment the only APTx TWS earbuds I have any experience with are the Mavin Air-X. I'm extremely impressed with the sound quality they have once you figure out the best tips for you.

The only problem I have is that my phone (LG v20) defaults to AAC rather tha the APTx protocol. In all fairness though I struggle most of the time to truly tell the difference between the two protocols.

Jun 3, 2019 at 11:31 AM Post #7,269 of 62,456
I have a LG G7 and if you set up Bluetooth to the device you want to connect with the G7 sets up the protocol correctly every time.
The same should be true with the V20.
Go to settings and turn on Bluetooth.You may get an alert box that pops up. Poke OK. You'll get a list of connected devices. On the right hand side of the device you connected poke the gear.
If you're using a device that uses high def codec's you'll get an option for connection type. Poke it.
Now you'll have two choices. Most Stable and Best Sound Quality which says "Listen in highest quality with the LDAC, aptX HD codec.
When using my Nuraphones a box pops up when I start playing music showing the Nuraphones are connected with aptX HD.

Jun 3, 2019 at 11:35 AM Post #7,270 of 62,456
I also have the g7, and it sets the aac over apt-x. (not talking about apt-x hd and ldac)

So, if headphones have aac and apt-x, it would always revert to aac. Tried contacting lg about this issue, but good luck in that. So, its a specific problem with lg phones.

Jun 3, 2019 at 11:43 AM Post #7,271 of 62,456
The same with my LG v30. It's specially annoying when paired with my Earin M2 since they have frequent dropouts (~every 15min) using AAC, while no dropout using apt-X. If I pair M2 with iPhone 5s (AAC) there is no dropout either.

Jun 3, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #7,272 of 62,456
The same with my LG v30. It's specially annoying when paired with my Earin M2 since they have frequent dropouts (~every 15min) using AAC, while no dropout using apt-X. If I pair M2 with iPhone 5s (AAC) there is no dropout either.

Yes Apple devices seem to handle aac connections much better than Android

Jun 3, 2019 at 12:06 PM Post #7,273 of 62,456
I'm using Nuarl Nt01ax for a couple of days, and I'm very impressed. The SQ is on par with MW07, but I prefer the sound signature of Nt01ax. They're also more musical than Mavin air-x to my ears. Soundwise they're exactly what I'm looking for as TWE, though not the best for BT/IEM setup. The winner still goes to Earstudio ES100 paired with wired IEM. After mutual adaptions, they become quite comfortable, and the stocked eartips serve me very well with rich sound. I wish though they can be a bit smaller and have a better isolation. For yard work behind a noising mower, the Anbes 359 are still better. I'm afraid they will not be suitable for flight travel, but I'll test them on my flight tomorrow. Also as being mentioned here, one side of the earbud (can be either L or R) loses sound for no reason, requiring off/on operation. The BT signal penetrating a wall is not impressive, since my other TWEs, even cheaper Chi-Fis, are doing better.

Jun 3, 2019 at 12:18 PM Post #7,274 of 62,456
I also have the g7, and it sets the aac over apt-x. (not talking about apt-x hd and ldac)

So, if headphones have aac and apt-x, it would always revert to aac. Tried contacting lg about this issue, but good luck in that. So, its a specific problem with lg phones.
I think what he was trying to say is there may be an option to change in settings. So in Bluetooth Settings, go to the settings for the specific device that's connected. There may be a field that says "Connection Type", hit that, and then select "Best Sound Quality".

If there is no option there to change it, you can manually toggle the codec under "Settings" and then "Developer Options". If Developer Options are not enabled, you can easily Google how to do so with your specific model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back