Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 8, 2019 at 10:04 AM Post #6,706 of 62,573
I'm kinda hoping the new Powerbeats Pro turn out to be very un-Beats and sound good. The convenience factor of those with an iPhone / iPad / Apple Watch is pretty stellar. But they need to sound good.
Me too. Expectations are low. Hoping to be surprised. Will promptly be returned if they don’t sound excellent.

May 8, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #6,707 of 62,573
Does anyone have experience with the qcy t1 pro with updated BT 5.0 and increased battery life? I like the fact that they have touch controls and the option to either use wings or not. The case is kinda big though. Is their sound quality somewhat similar to the qcy qs1/t1c?

Last edited:
May 8, 2019 at 12:36 PM Post #6,708 of 62,573
I am thinking about pre-ordering the powerbeats pro. My Apple Airpods are not really suitable for sports and these might fit the bill.

I hope they don’t block all noises as I do need to hear my surroundings for safety reasons.

May 8, 2019 at 2:23 PM Post #6,710 of 62,573
Does anyone have experience with the qcy t1 pro with updated BT 5.0 and increased battery life? I like the fact that they have touch controls and the option to either use wings or not. The case is kinda big though. Is their sound quality somewhat similar to the qcy qs1/t1c?
I have 2 pairs of them. Excellent for audiobooks, not much bass, but a little better mids and highs than the T1C. They last about a solid 3 hours on my iphone. Touch is cool and they are definitely smaller and better made. Case is very nice.

May 8, 2019 at 4:56 PM Post #6,711 of 62,573
Just got the anbes 359 and I'm properly impressed, I also have the ocy t1c which are almost as good, but these are a little louder and I prefer the case, form factor and usb c charging.
I'd be interested to try these against the galaxy buds, and then against the sennheiser just to see what £250 will buy.

May 8, 2019 at 7:24 PM Post #6,712 of 62,573
I just ordered two of the iSine Bluetooth Cipher cables and right now I am testing it with my kickbutt iSine LX’s and Samsung Note 9. So far so good!

May 8, 2019 at 8:44 PM Post #6,713 of 62,573
I just ordered two of the iSine Bluetooth Cipher cables and right now I am testing it with my kickbutt iSine LX’s and Samsung Note 9. So far so good!
Why two of them?
I thinking of selling Cipher BT cable for my iSine20s as there is way to much difference between the BT cable and V1 & V2 Cables. Right now im using V2 a lot.
I'm also considering selling my MW07, they just don't get used enough.

May 8, 2019 at 9:00 PM Post #6,714 of 62,573
Why two of them?
I thinking of selling Cipher BT cable for my iSine20s as there is way to much difference between the BT cable and V1 & V2 Cables. Right now im using V2 a lot.
I'm also considering selling my MW07, they just don't get used enough.

I have one for my iSine LX and I got one for the heavily discounted iSine 10 which was I think some discounted leftovers from the Apple Store. Two IEMs.

May 8, 2019 at 9:03 PM Post #6,715 of 62,573
May 9, 2019 at 2:39 AM Post #6,717 of 62,573
Anyones Anbes 359 cuts out intermittently when their phone is in their pockets while walking/running? Mine seems to cut out quite a bit but is fine if my phone is in my hand. Quite annoying but I may have got a dud pair? :frowning2:
No, mine does not.

The range is pretty solid. Overall, the Anbes 359 are a great set at a fabulous price. Not the best detail retrieval, but come on, why would I wear the Anbes 359 for critical listening?! They are very good and I can honestly say that they are more than just utilitarian; I actually enjoy the music coming out of them (they use AAC).

The only downside, is they are slippery as hell, but thanks to my cat-like reflexes and ninja moves, I've caught them before they hit the ground and rolled around. If they made the buds with a rubberized coating, they'd be perfect for a sub-$40 pair.

May 9, 2019 at 4:51 AM Post #6,718 of 62,573
I received the Advanced Model X I ordered last week based on Clerk Palmer's recommendation.

To be honest, their aesthetic really appealed to me so I purchased them despite the lack of aptx and usb-c. My first impressions are very positive. Very lively sound, some good bass kick, and lot more fun than my one plus one wireless bullets which sound almost distant and veiled compared to the Model X (amateur audiophile here, so take these words with a grain of salt).

These are my initial impressions. In terms of connectivity, they can be a bit finicky with connecting to my one plus 6t, and on some occasions, I connect only one ear bud. Probably user error, but hopefully I'll figure out what I'm doing wrong soon.

I also have a pair of Anies 359 in transit, so I will give them a comparison eventually.

Last edited:
May 9, 2019 at 4:52 AM Post #6,719 of 62,573
Follow up question on the TRN BT20 topic ... anyone pairing it with the TRN V80? As shown in promotional materials?

trn2080.jpg

Well, I received my V80 yesterday and like them quite some, but they are the ONLY IEMs that get a terrible hiss / white noise when attached to the BT20s ... and I tried many others, KZs and TRNs ...
Was hoping that maybe someone had found a solution to this issue ...

May 9, 2019 at 4:55 AM Post #6,720 of 62,573
Has anybody tried the updated Zolo Liberty? The ones with the 100hr case and 8hr playtime?

I'm looking for something cheap and reliable to use when I go on holiday and long playtime is a must. I have the MTW but its battery isn't great and the case is still prone to the discharge problem despite the new firmware. Any suggestions for long battery life and decent sound?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back