Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 9, 2019 at 5:09 AM Post #6,721 of 62,070
Has anybody tried the updated Zolo Liberty? The ones with the 100hr case and 8hr playtime?

I'm looking for something cheap and reliable to use when I go on holiday and long playtime is a must. I have the MTW but its battery isn't great and the case is still prone to the discharge problem despite the new firmware. Any suggestions for long battery life and decent sound?

the Mifo with it's case provide excellent battery life. first time i got it i used it extensively everyday and only need to charge the case after one month. the waterproofing also an added safety bonus. the sound is bloomy and warm, and has intimate staging.

May 9, 2019 at 5:27 AM Post #6,722 of 62,070
Do you know whats the difference between the Pro and the regular one? And are these USB C?

the Mifo with it's case provide excellent battery life. first time i got it i used it extensively everyday and only need to charge the case after one month. the waterproofing also an added safety bonus. the sound is bloomy and warm, and has intimate staging.

May 9, 2019 at 5:28 AM Post #6,723 of 62,070
Do you know whats the difference between the Pro and the regular one? And are these USB C?

the pro uses single BA driver while the regular uses single micro dynamic driver. all else the same. they still use micro usb

May 9, 2019 at 6:38 AM Post #6,724 of 62,070
Anyones Anbes 359 cuts out intermittently when their phone is in their pockets while walking/running? Mine seems to cut out quite a bit but is fine if my phone is in my hand. Quite annoying but I may have got a dud pair? :frowning2:

Try your phone in the other pocket.

Many of these TWs operate in a master-slave configuration. So for example, your phone may actually pair and maintain a connection with the Left bud. And the left bud itself communicates with the right bud.

So in my example above, if you had your phone in your right pocket, you may get dropouts, since you’re body is in the way and is blocking/absorbing signal. So switching the phone to the left pocket would allow better connectivity with the left (master) bud.

There’s no standard on which side is master though. On the QCY QS1/T1C, it’s the right bud. So I have best luck keeping my phone on my right side front or back pocket.

May 9, 2019 at 6:52 AM Post #6,725 of 62,070
Follow up question on the TRN BT20 topic ... anyone pairing it with the TRN V80? As shown in promotional materials?

Well, I received my V80 yesterday and like them quite some, but they are the ONLY IEMs that get a terrible hiss / white noise when attached to the BT20s ... and I tried many others, KZs and TRNs ...
Was hoping that maybe someone had found a solution to this issue ...

The problem with the v80 is something internal, with grounding, design of the crossover, or something like that. The v80 are problematic on Bluetooth cables, and can even shock people when wearing them.

If you use the v80 with Bluetooth, you’re going to have to put up with the noise. I’d strongly recommend pairing the BT20 with any IEM other than the v80.

May 9, 2019 at 7:08 AM Post #6,726 of 62,070
The problem with the v80 is something internal, with grounding, design of the crossover, or something like that. The v80 are problematic on Bluetooth cables, and can even shock people when wearing them.

If you use the v80 with Bluetooth, you’re going to have to put up with the noise. I’d strongly recommend pairing the BT20 with any IEM other than the v80.
Yes. I bought the bt20 to go with v80 and they are unlistenable. I have never even tried tried the bt20 again. I guess I should consider picking up a new iem to test with it.

May 9, 2019 at 7:59 AM Post #6,727 of 62,070

Thanks @Slater and @clerkpalmer for the feedback. Well, I had kinda read something about that before but dismissed it as 'maybe single case' or 'can't be that bad' (no, it's worse), but good thing is that I have several .75mm IEMs and I rotate them on the BT20 .. or their cables, or my balanced .75mm cable (on which the V80 sound great) .. just really surprised that TRN did not catch that glitch, seemingly advertizing them as a match made in heaven :wink:

May 9, 2019 at 8:18 AM Post #6,728 of 62,070
Thanks @Slater and @clerkpalmer for the feedback. Well, I had kinda read something about that before but dismissed it as 'maybe single case' or 'can't be that bad' (no, it's worse), but good thing is that I have several .75mm IEMs and I rotate them on the BT20 .. or their cables, or my balanced .75mm cable (on which the V80 sound great) .. just really surprised that TRN did not catch that glitch, seemingly advertizing them as a match made in heaven :wink:

In my opinion, TRN has had some growing pains and a few stumbles as they’ve learned to get their footing.

Tuning problems, mass QC recalls, faceplates coming unglued, etc.

They do seem to get a little better with each IEM release. Perhaps I’ll try one of their IEMs one day soon.

Their Bluetooth stuff is excellent though, and I own numerous models.

May 9, 2019 at 8:30 AM Post #6,729 of 62,070
In my opinion, TRN has had some growing pains and a few stumbles as they’ve learned to get their footing.

Tuning problems, mass QC recalls, faceplates coming unglued, etc.

They do seem to get a little better with each IEM release. Perhaps I’ll try one of their IEMs one day soon.

Their Bluetooth stuff is excellent though, and I own numerous models.
I probably have asked a few times but can I get a couple of recommendations for a decent iem to use other than v80? Would like to try the bt20 again. I’d lean toward a warm v shaped signature for my intended use in the gym. Thanks guys.

May 9, 2019 at 8:39 AM Post #6,730 of 62,070
I probably have asked a few times but can I get a couple of recommendations for a decent iem to use other than v80? Would like to try the bt20 again. I’d lean toward a warm v shaped signature for my intended use in the gym. Thanks guys.

Do you sweat a lot? (I do!) I would personally NOT use the BT20 in any sweaty environment ... that being said, you could start maybe with the ZS3, those guys sound fun and carried me through my first half marathon (wired) ... recently I am enjoying the ZSR for fun gym / EDM like sound. But also TRN's V20 (no hiss) are on my 'not so expensive, but fun' IEM rotation.

May 9, 2019 at 9:34 AM Post #6,731 of 62,070
I backed Adv-Sound Model X on indigogo and so far, I've been impressed with the battery life, connectivity issue has happened with the left bud. The controls work flawlessly, the bass is good. Battery life is good. I've been using Compy foams for Jabra Elite 65t and they fit in the case.

May 9, 2019 at 10:08 AM Post #6,732 of 62,070
I haven't seen anyone post anything about the one more true wireless. Nor have I seen any online reviews. I decided to order it with the Mothers day discount (mom25). It. Came out to @80 usd. 1 more has put out some quality products so I figured I'd give it a shot.

6.5 hour battery life
15 minute fast charge for 3hr battery
Bluetooth 5
Aptx, AAC
Titanium driver

May 9, 2019 at 10:12 AM Post #6,733 of 62,070
I have 2 pairs of them. Excellent for audiobooks, not much bass, but a little better mids and highs than the T1C. They last about a solid 3 hours on my iphone. Touch is cool and they are definitely smaller and better made. Case is very nice.

Thanks for the reply. Have ordered them. Will be my first tws iems. Hope they are good.

May 9, 2019 at 10:24 AM Post #6,734 of 62,070
I haven't seen anyone post anything about the one more true wireless. Nor have I seen any online reviews. I decided to order it with the Mothers day discount (mom25). It. Came out to @80 usd. 1 more has put out some quality products so I figured I'd give it a shot.

6.5 hour battery life
15 minute fast charge for 3hr battery
Bluetooth 5
Aptx, AAC
Titanium driver

Are you referring to these? https://www.gizmochina.com/2019/04/...s-¥799-119-nubia-pods-truly-wireless-earbuds/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back