Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 2, 2019 at 9:37 PM Post #6,601 of 62,776
I’m bumping my sq rating on the model x. These things are really excellent. For those on the fence, grab them. You won’t be disappointed. Also noticed tonight isolation Was excellent even with stock tips. Worked out with a giant fan in my face and didn’t need to bump the volume. Couldn’t even hear the hum.

May 2, 2019 at 10:20 PM Post #6,602 of 62,776
Anyone ordering Powerbeats pro tomorrow? 250 is outrageous. I know I’ll be disappointed. Apple is counting on suckers like me to pay the Apple tax. So yes, I’m ordering.

May 3, 2019 at 2:11 AM Post #6,604 of 62,776
Is it worth upgrading from QCY T1C to Mifo O5?

sound-wise it is not an upgrade , more of a sidegrade with different sound. feature-wise, yes it is an upgrade (better build, better case, longer battery life, volume control, waterproofing)

May 3, 2019 at 7:07 AM Post #6,605 of 62,776
Well, my experience with the Advance Model X is not quite the same as others. The packaged tips will not give me a seal, not even close. So the treble is ear shattering, without a seal. Went to the tip bin and due to the asymmetrical ear canals I happen to own, went with a spinfit in the left ear (medium) and a Sony hybrid in the right ear. Even with that, treble was a bit too hot so I EQ'd the treble down a very small amount and the lows up a similar tiny bit. Now, they sound fantastic. I own the MTW, which to me still rule the BT buds I own or have tried, but they should. I have the QCY T1s too, and they are great for $28, but a giveaway to a friend or relative. I owned the Sony true wireless buds (WF1000x) and the Nuheara IQ buds, returned or sold them. Too many dropouts for me at the time (maybe firmware has fixed the Sonys by now) and the IQbuds were not as good as the Senns to my ears, so I let them go.

Now, the hassle factor is I must remove/replace the tips every time I want store the Model X in the case. Not horrible, but not great for using them on the road. However, they are keepers as I do like the sound, albeit with EQ using the KaiserTone app.

So I'll keep the Senns and the Model X, and that's enough true wireless kit for me. For now.

Exactly the situation I'm in. Except I'm not that enamored with the final sound I'm getting as it's a bit bass heavy. I also need different sized tips for each side. At this point I've got so many of these TW products the Model X is simply not worth the hassle for me. I envy the ear holes (pardon the technical term) of folks who can get a seal with the stock tips.

May 3, 2019 at 8:12 AM Post #6,606 of 62,776
I just did a little experiment with the anbes 359, this headset is absolutely awesome! anyway I am always trying to improve sound so I decided to try some spinfit tips, and yes it made the bass much stronger but it took away that nice smooth mid and the sweet treble it became very harsh. I also noticed the spaciousness and separation of instruments is gone now, so I went back to stock tips, much better. I believe the next evolution in this hobby of ours is going to be the tech in the tips we use, because it really effects the sound so much using different tips. I have had cheap tips sound better than expensive tips with certain model tw in the past.

May 3, 2019 at 8:20 AM Post #6,607 of 62,776
I just did a little experiment with the anbes 359, this headset is absolutely awesome! anyway I am always trying to improve sound so I decided to try some spinfit tips, and yes it made the bass much stronger but it took away that nice smooth mid and the sweet treble it became very harsh. I also noticed the spaciousness and separation of instruments is gone now, so I went back to stock tips, much better. I believe the next evolution in this hobby of ours is going to be the tech in the tips we use, because it really effects the sound so much using different tips. I have had cheap tips sound better than expensive tips with certain model tw in the past.

I’ve never really been a fan of SpinFits. Yes, they do solve fitment issues on some IEMs, which can be the only way to salvage some IEMs.

But I have never heard a case where they’ve changed the sound for the better. They have always made the sound worse in some way (for me anyways).

May 3, 2019 at 8:42 AM Post #6,608 of 62,776
I should have been more precise, I said they sound fantastic, but they sound pretty good, so after more listening I scaled down my enthusiasm. Not saying they are not worth it, if, and only if, you get a true seal with the stock tips. Otherwise, as BobJS says, they are not worth the hassle if you have true wireless in-ears that can use the stock tips so charging and storing don't become a pain. That's where I am at with the Model X. I decided they may have to to on the For Sale forum, at a very good price.

May 3, 2019 at 10:24 AM Post #6,609 of 62,776
I’ve never really been a fan of SpinFits. Yes, they do solve fitment issues on some IEMs, which can be the only way to salvage some IEMs.

But I have never heard a case where they’ve changed the sound for the better. They have always made the sound worse in some way (for me anyways).

I think you right! the first time I used spinfits with great success was with my Jabra elite sports, the stock tips were horrible! spinfits work very well with this model, perfect seal and improved sound. so I automatically thought the spinfits was the holy grail of tips, but I finding out this is not the case. I was running spinfits on my sennheiser mtw and I always thought bass was incredible but the highs and mids did not sound that great and felt it sounded closed in with not a lot of separation. the anbes 359 has a lot of nice treble and mids with lots of separation with stock tips. I started playing with the tips on these 2 models, when I put the stock anbes tips on my sennheiser tmw I noticed a huge bump in the treble but bass lowered. so I went into my bag of spare tips and put the Jabra 65t active tip on the sennheiser tmw and they opened up, still good bass, nicer mids and highs and sound stage is wider with better separation. I gotta still evaluate them with these tips, the Jabra 65t tips actually feel more comfortable than the spinfits. what other tips do your recommend, especially to use with sennheiser tmw? I feel like ordering some more tips to experiment. I would like to see the companies start experimenting with tube design I am seeing this tech in In ear monitors where they have separate tubes for bass, mids and highs.

btw I hate foam tips, to me they muddy bass, and screw up highs and mids. plus they fall apart and get nasty germ magnets. lol

Last edited:
May 3, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #6,612 of 62,776
Glad that's your experience. I don't hate them but the Senn MTW, to my humble ears, just are a much better option. They sound great (admit I do tweak them a tad via KaiserTone), they never disconnect/drop out, they stay put, the stock tips (medium) instantly fit both of my ears perfectly and the latest firmware fix took care of the strange battery charging issue with the case. So now I have a pair of Model X that will probably collect dust. I guess once the Indiegogo deliveries are final, I will sell them for a very good price. I'm just hooked on the Senns. My thought process was find a relative new TW IEM that costs less than the MTW and sell the latter. With all the emerging models, I figured it would happen. But so far, nothing is happening to convince me. I guess that's why so many differing views on so many fully wireless IEMs. I've gone through several pair of TW IEMs now (Sony MH1000X, Nuheara IQBuds, Jabra Elite. Optoma BeFree8), some not that cheap, and the Senns just knocked them all off. The Jabras were fine, but not quite the same SQ as the Senns. I'm sure there are people here who didn't care for the MTW, but different strokes.

My favorite BT IEM rig, however, for just sitting around listening (trains, buses, etc.) is my 11-year-old pair of customs (JH5) connected to the Radson EarStudio. Sweet. Just not practical for walking dogs, treadmills, etc. And I'm also sold on the Sony WH1000XM3. So no, I am not an audiophile. But between the Senn MTW and the M3s, pretty happy listener. I think my quest for the Senn killer (within my very small sample size) is over.

Update ... Never one to give up, I found two silicone tips from my 20 dozen collected over the years that have larger sound tubes, bulby shaped, smaller one on the left, larger on the right. Could be a solution, but the treble still hits a bit too hard for my tastes. Must be my old ears. Anyway, they do sound nice with a bit of bass boost. Still have the tip removal issue (when putting them in the case), but an improvement.

As for the stock tips, all I can say is when I push the Model X in with my fingers, I can hear how they good they can sound with those tips. But if I release the pressure, the horror ... the horror. They are really going to work for a minority of people, IMHO.

Last edited:
May 3, 2019 at 4:29 PM Post #6,613 of 62,776
I'm curious about the Advanced Model X. The problem is that I have never heard of this company before. Are there any reviews of the Model X available? Especially from reputable sites such as wirecutter, gadgeteer, engadget, or Youtube personalities such as Jim's Review Room or similar?

On the surface the earbuds do not seem like anything special. Below are a few specs.

Driver unit : 10mm graphene dynamic driver
Impedance : 32ohm+/-15%
Sensitivity : 90dB+/-3dB at 1kHz
Frequency response : 20Hz – 20kHz
Music time : Up to 25 hours (w/ case) / up to 5 hours (earphones only)
Charging time : 2 hours
BT version : 5.0
Connection distance : 10m (33ft)
Input port : MicroUSB
Battery : 400mAh (case) / 50mAh x 2 (earphones)

Do we know what chip they are using? 5 hours battery life is par for most of the TWS earbuds that have been on the market for more than a year, but most of the new ones are posting 8-10 hours life with the new Qualcomm chips. Do we know what chip this one has?

May 3, 2019 at 6:15 PM Post #6,614 of 62,776
I'm curious about the Advanced Model X. The problem is that I have never heard of this company before. Are there any reviews of the Model X available? Especially from reputable sites such as wirecutter, gadgeteer, engadget, or Youtube personalities such as Jim's Review Room or similar?

On the surface the earbuds do not seem like anything special. Below are a few specs.

Driver unit : 10mm graphene dynamic driver
Impedance : 32ohm+/-15%
Sensitivity : 90dB+/-3dB at 1kHz
Frequency response : 20Hz – 20kHz
Music time : Up to 25 hours (w/ case) / up to 5 hours (earphones only)
Charging time : 2 hours
BT version : 5.0
Connection distance : 10m (33ft)
Input port : MicroUSB
Battery : 400mAh (case) / 50mAh x 2 (earphones)

Do we know what chip they are using? 5 hours battery life is par for most of the TWS earbuds that have been on the market for more than a year, but most of the new ones are posting 8-10 hours life with the new Qualcomm chips. Do we know what chip this one has?
10mm graphene driver is nothing to be shy about and is definitely not the norm in the sea of 5-6mm units. Are “we” more interested in how the thing sounds or what chipset is uses? Latter doesn’t guarantee the former at all, you know. For example, arguably the best sounding TWS currently on the market, the Master & Dynamic MW07, uses the cheapest and the most primitive non-updateable QC chipset that still supports AAC/AptX and BT5. Instead they saved money and shell space on a custom beryllium 8mm driver and on a carefully designed acoustic space around it. As for reviews I will look for rtings.com on top of all others.

Last edited:
May 3, 2019 at 6:39 PM Post #6,615 of 62,776
10mm graphene driver is nothing to be shy about and is definitely not the norm in the sea of 5-6mm units. Are “we” more interested in how the thing sounds or what chipset is uses? Latter doesn’t guarantee the former at all, you know. For example, arguably the best sounding TWS currently on the market, the Master & Dynamic MW07, uses the cheapest and the most primitive non-updateable QC chipset that still supports AAC/AptX and BT5. Instead they saved money and shell space on a custom beryllium 8mm driver and on a carefully designed acoustic space around it. As for reviews I will look for rtings.com on top of all others.

For me personally, size, connectivity, and battery life are just as important as the sound quality. It could sound like Mozart with a violin standing next to me, but if it doesn't have at least 8 hours battery life, maybe it shouldn't exist. If it has any dropouts, even rarely, maybe it shouldn't exist. And if I look like Frankenstein walking around with corks sticking out of my ears, maybe it shouldn't exist. A TWS earbud should be small, have great battery life and work 100% of the time, then it can have great sound. If it can't do all those things, might as well get wired earbuds instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back