Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 5, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #6,631 of 62,437
Ok, my Jabra 65t seems to be busted. While there was previously a SLIGHT channel imbalance where the left bud is louder and also hisses more, the imbalance has become very drastic. Sometimes it will sound fine, but I suspect there is internal damage to the driver's connection. If I push the buds inward onto my ear, I can sometimes briefly hear how the volume should be, but then it dips as soon as I let go of my finger.

Not sure what's going on, but it seems Astrotec S60 sounds better through my laptop than my phone's SBC. The rattling/clipping is still there but the overall audio sounds cleaner and not as splashy.

May 5, 2019 at 6:26 PM Post #6,632 of 62,437
Ok, my Jabra 65t seems to be busted. While there was previously a SLIGHT channel imbalance where the left bud is louder and also hisses more, the imbalance has become very drastic. Sometimes it will sound fine, but I suspect there is internal damage to the driver's connection. If I push the buds inward onto my ear, I can sometimes briefly hear how the volume should be, but then it dips as soon as I let go of my finger.

Not sure what's going on, but it seems Astrotec S60 sounds better through my laptop than my phone's SBC. The rattling/clipping is still there but the overall audio sounds cleaner and not as splashy.

To me, if you push the bud deeper and the sound is ok but when you let go it’s weak, it sounds more like you’re not having a proper seal.

May 5, 2019 at 6:54 PM Post #6,633 of 62,437
To me, if you push the bud deeper and the sound is ok but when you let go it’s weak, it sounds more like you’re not having a proper seal.
No, it didn't do this for a long time of usage. I'm not exactly pushing the bud against my ear but more so against itself on both sides or the button, and the volume jumps up while I do this but cuts way down when I stop. It might be tied to a damaged driver (for a long time I noticed driver flex) or a loose internal connection.

May 5, 2019 at 11:29 PM Post #6,634 of 62,437
So just received my Anbes 359. For the price these are stellar, no cut off during music listening and sound is actually decent although bass is a bit boomy, hopefully some burn in or eq can fix that. Two things I hate though, the driver flex and the fact that the buttons require a bit of force to push when in your ears and so the sound cuts out for a sec due to the ear tip being pushed against your ear. Everything else is perfect!

Also wondering what ear tips everyone is using with their 359's? I'm using sony hybrids atm

May 5, 2019 at 11:53 PM Post #6,636 of 62,437
So just received my Anbes 359. For the price these are stellar, no cut off during music listening and sound is actually decent although bass is a bit boomy, hopefully some burn in or eq can fix that. Two things I hate though, the driver flex and the fact that the buttons require a bit of force to push when in your ears and so the sound cuts out for a sec due to the ear tip being pushed against your ear. Everything else is perfect!

Also wondering what ear tips everyone is using with their 359's? I'm using sony hybrids atm

my QCY T1C also has driver flex to a point that it could cut off the sound completely. now though, after i use the wide bores that slightly loose on the nozzle (it doesn't fall off, but loose enough that the earpiece' s nozzle can rotate in the eartips), i don't have driver flex with it anymore.

At the risk of sounding stupid, I finally have to ask, what is that mythical 'driver flex' ? Awaiting my Andes359 in the mail as well...

driver flex is the crumpling of the dynamic driver's membrane, caused by the vacuum. it will sound like crackling plastic. you could reduce the risk of driver flex by using tips like i described above, or by sticking a thread or string between the eartips and the nozzle to let air pass

May 6, 2019 at 12:01 AM Post #6,637 of 62,437
my QCY T1C also has driver flex to a point that it could cut off the sound completely. now though, after i use the wide bores that slightly loose on the nozzle (it doesn't fall off, but loose enough that the earpiece' s nozzle can rotate in the eartips), i don't have driver flex with it anymore.

driver flex is the crumpling of the dynamic driver's membrane, caused by the vacuum. it will sound like crackling plastic. you could reduce the risk of driver flex by using tips like i described above, or by sticking a thread or string between the eartips and the nozzle to let air pass

I do have some wide bore tips that I could try!

And as for the thread, do you literally put a piece of thread on top of the driver tip and then put on the eartip like normal? Seems interesting and worth a shot too

May 6, 2019 at 12:03 AM Post #6,638 of 62,437

Oh, I know that sound, never thought there was a name for that. Thank you!

May 6, 2019 at 12:52 AM Post #6,640 of 62,437
Is there a balanced armature tws earphone out? I just prefer the sounds of balanced armature and no driver flex!

This is the only one I know of ... and look, there's a sale in 2h !!! yeah!!!! (I have seen this one mentioned here are few times, check with the search feature)

Astrotec_S60.jpg

May 6, 2019 at 1:46 AM Post #6,642 of 62,437
I do have some wide bore tips that I could try!

And as for the thread, do you literally put a piece of thread on top of the driver tip and then put on the eartip like normal? Seems interesting and worth a shot too

that could work, or you could snip the excess string with scissor so that no string passes in front of the nozzle grill. I'll try to post a picture later if you like.

Theres a name for everything these days isnt there haha.

Is there a balanced armature tws earphone out? I just prefer the sounds of balanced armature and no driver flex!

BA driver TWS that i know: Earin, Bragi the Headphone, Astrotec S60, TFZ x1 or Mifo o5 pro (same product) , TFZ B.V2, and F2, X26 chifi that i don't know the company's name of

May 6, 2019 at 3:09 AM Post #6,643 of 62,437
Theres a name for everything these days isnt there haha.

The Earin M2 and they are 20% off at the moment

May 6, 2019 at 3:37 AM Post #6,644 of 62,437
Wonder how they are. I use to own a pair of Astrotec AX60's and they were pretty good so curious to see how they are in the tws category
They are rather organic and warm-sounding with deep bass for a BA driver. I have the 4.2 version which is prone to cutouts using AAC every few minutes on my Android phone but maybe the 5.0 version improves this. Note that there are a few clones on Aliexpress and the housings used are "generic" (I've seen other TWS with different drivers and charging cases use the same design).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back