Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 3, 2019 at 9:58 PM Post #6,617 of 62,143
I just did a little experiment with the anbes 359, this headset is absolutely awesome! anyway I am always trying to improve sound so I decided to try some spinfit tips, and yes it made the bass much stronger but it took away that nice smooth mid and the sweet treble it became very harsh. I also noticed the spaciousness and separation of instruments is gone now, so I went back to stock tips, much better. I believe the next evolution in this hobby of ours is going to be the tech in the tips we use, because it really effects the sound so much using different tips. I have had cheap tips sound better than expensive tips with certain model tw in the past.
I mentioned these a couple of posts ago: Acoustune AET07 Eartip
Anyone here have them? Seems to be my kind of sig with sparkly treble, tight bass and big soundstage.

May 4, 2019 at 12:14 AM Post #6,618 of 62,143
I ordered the TC2, this one on AE for $25....you guys surely have seen these, anyone have one yet? Heard one yet?

upload_2019-5-4_0-13-15.png

May 4, 2019 at 12:21 AM Post #6,619 of 62,143
For all of you who have used/owned/tested true wireless buds with and without aptx support, what sort of quality drop would one expect between the Advanced Model X vs Creative Outlier Air? I believe the latter has aptx support.

This would be via One Plus 6T. Music mostly synth wave and podcasts. Usage would be commuting and hiking.

Thanks for your help/expertise.

Last edited:
May 4, 2019 at 12:52 AM Post #6,620 of 62,143
I am currently rediscovering some of my 'older' TWE (instead of just ordering new stuff :wink: )

i.e. the Sony WF1000x ... which I ONLY bought because for reasons unknow (error?) they were on amazon warehouse for under 9€ !!!! And they arrived in pristine packaging. Initially I gave them a pass because i needed something sweatproof for running ... and of course somehow I had expected too much from the advertized ANC ...

wf1000x.jpg

Now, having tested out some different eartips, I am starting to appreciate the sound! And it still makes me giddy to have those at 10$ while they STILL sell for over 150$ online :D

The other one I am still liking a lot is the LezII X12 (which I believe is related to all those other X12 s out there) ... that was another win on warehouse for around 30€ and my first / only earbud style TWE (unless you count the Bose SSFree as earbud style .. I think they are smack in the middle between earbud / in-ear) ... that loose and open built makes for a great soundstage imho ... but they are indeed prone to falling off, so another one I can't use for running

And while all those current cheapo ones being discussed here for 20-25-30$ are very tempting (and I have ordered the Anbes 359) ... I found spiritual inspiration in one post here mentioning 'I wait for QC5100 with ANC' .. of course, first I thought that was mention of an upcoming Bose QC model :) That's what I am actually waiting for ... Their glorious ANC in those Frankenstein's Monster-Cork-Ears (another great phrase on this forum today) ... that would be my next wishlist topper ... but ok, after googling and learning about Qualcomm 5100 chips, I now understand that I better sit still and wait for the next family of TWEs to emerge with those chips and the features they promise ... until then, I will cherish what I have :wink:

May 4, 2019 at 12:55 AM Post #6,621 of 62,143
I ordered the TC2, this one on AE for $25....you guys surely have seen these, anyone have one yet? Heard one yet?

Same as the T1C IIRC. Just charging case with a lid and maybe a larger battery (more recharges).

For all of you who have used/owned/tested true wireless buds with and without aptx support, what sort of quality drop would one expect between the Advanced Model X vs Creative Outlier Air? I believe the latter has aptx support.

This would be via One Plus 6T. Music mostly synth wave and podcasts. Usage would be commuting and hiking.

For podcasts will make no difference. Music will probably make a difference but, I think, maybe not too bad of one if commuting. Critical listening in a quiet spot would be a different story.

May 4, 2019 at 6:19 AM Post #6,622 of 62,143

Assuming your one plus supports AAC, I doubt you could hear a difference between AAC and aptx.

May 4, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #6,623 of 62,143
Anyone ordering Powerbeats pro tomorrow? 250 is outrageous. I know I’ll be disappointed. Apple is counting on suckers like me to pay the Apple tax. So yes, I’m ordering.

Yup, I pre-ordered. They seem to have the perfect form-factor for running. I've tried the Jabra Elites and they fall off even if I'm just doing strength training. The Bose ones sound pretty good and won't fall off with strength training but the left one falls out of my ear when I'm well into a run and sweaty. The hooks on these should do the trick. I have Airpods and I like the sound signature and ease of use/connectivity with my iPhone and Apple Watch. These Beats should work for me! I agree they are pricey....

May 4, 2019 at 9:47 AM Post #6,624 of 62,143
Anyone here had a chance to listen to the Blitzwolf FYE5 ? I found some positive mention here about the BW FYE4 , but for the 5 I only find some so so YT reviews ... I really like how small the case is, and the fact that it is waterproof -ish

Oh, and it appears there's a sale on AliX in 2 days .. and somehow BlitzWolf official store does not know how sale works? :D

FYE5.jpg

May 4, 2019 at 12:39 PM Post #6,625 of 62,143
I just bought myself a Cowin KY02, looks like neat little TWS buds

May 4, 2019 at 10:02 PM Post #6,628 of 62,143
Had the Earin m2 for about a week and gotta honestly say I love these little buds! Sound is great and comfort and low profile is awesome!

Totally agree

Users who are viewing this thread

Back