Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 28, 2019 at 8:49 PM Post #4,651 of 62,454
I sold my Jaybird Runs and B&O E8 and I was looking at getting the M2 but now I see the Marvins might be a good one as well. This would be primarily for the gym and when ever I might sweet a lot. I have the Senns and MW07 for other listening.

I honestly can't see any TW as being better than the M2 for gym use right now.

They have a tight bass response with the cp100 tips, perfect for the sort of music you'd want to listen to at the gym. I just EQ down the highs a touch and they're now perfect. I find the sound exciting and that the narrower soundstage vs MTW / MW07 actually suits it better for gym situations.

Sound isolation is perfect, they become dangerously loud. Transparency feature if you use it is the best out of all TW headphones (custom far/near - auto/on). Easily the most comfortable TW and the case is also tiny and you can easily carry them around. Call quality is really good for a TW.

If you are looking for a TW earphone on the go / the gym I'd primarily suggest the M2 with cp100 tips.

Jan 28, 2019 at 9:03 PM Post #4,652 of 62,454
I would NOT use the MW07 for the gym. The battery life is too dicey especially if you like loud music (which is necessary), the fit isn't as rock secure as others in case of a lot of movement, and they don't feel particularly well guarded against wax and sweat.

Jan 28, 2019 at 9:10 PM Post #4,653 of 62,454
I honestly can't see any TW as being better than the M2 for gym use right now.

They have a tight bass response with the cp100 tips, perfect for the sort of music you'd want to listen to at the gym. I just EQ down the highs a touch and they're now perfect. I find the sound exciting and that the narrower soundstage vs MTW / MW07 actually suits it better for gym situations.

Sound isolation is perfect, they become dangerously loud. Transparency feature if you use it is the best out of all TW headphones (custom far/near - auto/on). Easily the most comfortable TW and the case is also tiny and you can easily carry them around. Call quality is really good for a TW.

If you are looking for a TW earphone on the go / the gym I'd primarily suggest the M2 with cp100 tips.
It will be a hard decision. They both seem great but wow the Mavins have some wicked long battery life and fairly sweet proof and most important for me is connection. I hate getting into my workout and losing sound due to connection issues. I really liked the M2s but the Mavins seem perfect, also not really important to most but I'm a Machinist and I think its cool that the Mavins driver is made of PEEK and I machine that which is a really expensive plastic material.

Jan 28, 2019 at 10:45 PM Post #4,655 of 62,454
How does the sennheiser momentum compare to the MW07? They are in the same price range so I'm just curious. Thanks

Do some searching in here. There is plenty of vigorous debate. As a quick summary, a small majority seem to prefer the sq of the mw07 to the MTW but it’s close. Personally I think the MW07 is a meaningful step up in sq. Downside is MW07 has poor battery life. You should assume 2.5 hours on a charge and if you get a set that does better, consider yourself lucky. A lot of folks have had issues with the MTW losing charge in the case, connecting and turning off in the case and other gremlins. Fewer reported issues with MW07. Most like the fit of both. MW07 is more premium looking.

Really can’t go wrong either way. Both are excellent in my opinion owning both. If I had to pick one, it would be the MW07.

Jan 28, 2019 at 11:01 PM Post #4,658 of 62,454
I currently have the bose soundsport and have been very happy with them, I'm curious if the MW07 have similar sound quality. I found the soundsport to have fantastic sq for the price.
Yes they do have great sound for the price. The MW07 is an upgrade however. You’ll have to decide if it’s worth the extra dough.

Jan 28, 2019 at 11:13 PM Post #4,659 of 62,454
Thanks that's good to know, I would be very happy with them in that case. I may upgrade to these, do they every sell for lower then msrp? And if anyone has opinions about the call quality that would be very helpful thanks again.

Jan 28, 2019 at 11:20 PM Post #4,660 of 62,454
Sometimes, I think I'm just buying Chi-Fi TWEs to test out for @turbobb. Just picked up a re-brand of the Raycon TWEs, that you may have seen in YouTube ads being promoted by celebrities.

Ha! Likewise buddy, likewise. TBH, not really all that impressed by the MW07's in consideration of the price. Been pleasantly surprised though by a bunch of the Chi-Fi unit's I've tested with the Romeo 07R's and Mpow T5's coming to about 75-80% of the SQ but only for 20% of the price. A shame they both have connectivity issues though (the T5 much worse than the 07R). The MW07's while really good sounding have a spike around 6K range that really grates on my ears on certain tracks and gives certain vocals a slight metallic tinge to it (FWIW, I'm treble sensitive but more of the Beyer variety despite owning a DT1990, this spike is lower).

As for Raycon, guess they're equal opportunity stalker but I didn't take the bait... lol Do have my eyes on a few other Chi-Fi units but need to clear my queue first. ;o)

Jan 29, 2019 at 4:38 AM Post #4,662 of 62,454
Looks like Japan is getting another true wireless with the QCC3026 chip, this time by Zero Audio, that had the Zero Audio Carbo that made a splash a while back.

https://www.e-earphone.jp/shopdetail/000000226065/

It is going to have a Class 1 bluetooth connection and IPX5 water proof rating. Looks like they will be expecting stock at the beginning to mid February. At the price they run for I might try them out if I can't find a Nuarl NT01AX until then. Apparently it has Graphene coated drivers and holds 7 hours in the buds, and 28 hours in the case, and has an app for updates. Just started reading reviews from demo units but they seem positive, maybe mid-centric.

I did read a lot of reviews that claimed that the QCC3026 chip TWE sets are not working with some phones after they upgraded to Android 9.0.

Edit: Read more reviews on the TWZ-1000 - According to the reviews it has forward mids and an elevated bass that goes pretty low, and highs are in the background. Sounds like it has a lot of detail, not much about the soundstage, but a very comfortable fit. There is a blue led ring on the outside though for the logo, I feel like that could be super bright and annoying in the dark.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2019 at 5:20 AM Post #4,663 of 62,454
Jan 29, 2019 at 5:46 AM Post #4,664 of 62,454
Finally after 30 days of daily use and some nights leaving it on standby connected to my phone, the battery on the case of my Mifo o5 emptied.

that is crazy amount of juice!

Jan 29, 2019 at 6:18 AM Post #4,665 of 62,454

Not even out yet and aliexpress is already copying it :p

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/TRN...-for-Shure-SE215-SE535-SE846/32957895723.html

I kind of feel like we need to see the case though. I feel like the charging case and having a convenient place to put the buds is what makes the magic of TWEs. If they just charge via a USB-C cable like a neckband bluetooth cable, I won't be very interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back